Virat Kohli in danger of suspension after remonstrating with on-field umpire over DRS call

sage

Poms can whine and moan all they want. Did Kohli go overboard yes but we have seen aggressive captains do that before too. That does not deserve ban, Is Bumble too old to remember  Ponting dressing down Aleem Dar , did he get any ban then.

This nonsense that umpires are beyond reproach is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Err there was a small matter of Root scoring only 218 runs after winning the toss. Kohli won the toss and scored a grand duck!

Didnt have any bearing on result. On flipside Without Roots 200 good chance India would have drawn the match at least. 

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

Poms can whine and moan all they want. Did Kohli go overboard yes but we have seen aggressive captains do that before too. That does not deserve ban, Is Bumble too old to remember  Ponting dressing down Aleem Dar , did he get any ban then.

This nonsense that umpires are beyond reproach is ridiculous.

So on field captains are the ones who will reproach the umpires?

We have formal process to lodge complaints, not shout and scream on the field. England got way more bad decisions 

And i am baffled people don't have the common sense  to realize that if powerful captains get away with shouting and intimidating umpires, we will be back to shakoor Rana age where umpires will never give decisions against powerful captains

India really does not need to win like this

Edited by New guy
9 hours ago, New guy said:

We have formal process to lodge complaints, not shout and scream on the field. England got way more bad decisions 

And i am baffled people don't have the common sense  to realize that if powerful captains get away with shouting and intimidating umpires, we will be back to shakoor Rana age where umpires will never give decisions against powerful captains

Did India win that decision where Kohli was complaining. No they did not so what is your point in comparing with Shakoor rana. You cannot  go back to Shakoor Rana days with all these replays. 

Why is players are the only ones who are penalized for umpiring blunders. Yes umpires might get kicked out after the fact. So players in my view should be allowed to vent to certain extent.

To me players especially captains need to be allowed to protest a bad decision without any repercussion.  Good Umpires should know how to deal with aggressive captain in their own way  and that is part of being a good umpire.

Root was very calm and England got more bad decisions in their favor.It does not mean every captain has to have calm demeanour on the field.

Edited by putrevus
12 hours ago, New guy said:

Agree Kohli was wrong there if anything Root showed why he is better in the way he handled it. Kohli would comeout looking better if he just calms down. 

On 2/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, putrevus said:

Did India win that decision where Kohli was complaining. No they did not so what is your point in comparing with Shakoor rana. You cannot  go back to Shakoor Rana days with all these replays. 

Why is players are the only ones who are penalized for umpiring blunders. Yes umpires might get kicked out after the fact. So players in my view should be allowed to vent to certain extent.

To me players especially captains need to be allowed to protest a bad decision without any repercussion.  Good Umpires should know how to deal with aggressive captain in their own way  and that is part of being a good umpire.

Root was very calm and England got more bad decisions in their favor.It does not mean every captain has to have calm demeanour on the field.

England got Roots decision in favour plus all the umpires call. Also he is not a saint

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/sport/cricket/446485/joe-root-england-reprimand/amp/

41 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Kohli is becoming vocal about scrapping Umpire's call.. wonder what would happen in tests after that.. will we ever see double/triple hundreds in India? even Hundreds might be tough to score 

Kohli's doing this to secure his legacy. No future Indian batsman will be able to rival his stats

On 2/18/2021 at 4:51 PM, putrevus said:

There are many legal ways to protest. Shouting and screaming like a  toddler is the opposite of protesting. You 100% know it will put pressure on the home umpire and the only reason you are supporting this is because of Kohli. We will go back to Shakoor rana days, I agree 

6 hours ago, New guy said:

There are many legal ways to protest. Shouting and screaming like a  toddler is the opposite of protesting. You 100% know it will put pressure on the home umpire and the only reason you are supporting this is because of Kohli. We will go back to Shakoor rana days, I agree 

I am not supporting it because it is Kohli,it has got nothing to do with Kohli.  Why are you trying to tell players how to behave or protest.Everyone is different, that is something some people are having problem in understanding.Every captain has his own way of dealing with umpires.

Home umpires or netural umpires, it does not matter, they have to learn to deal with different players. Match referees are there to see if they cross the line.