Pink ball test team india

mani sha

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

We should play one of Hardik or Shardul in tests in England  ... based on whether we are looking for a batting all-rounder or bowling all-rounder. Ashwin will play in this spot in case we get a rare spin friendly track.

My choice in tests in England

6. Pant

7. Jadeja

8. Shardul / Hardik / Ashwin

9. Shami / Siraj

10. Ishant

11. Bumrah

We can have a proper 4 pronged pace attack, with 2 swing bowlers and batting till 8, with this line up. 

In fact, we should follow this model in all tests in SENA and all pink ball tests.

Agree with this though ideally Bhuvi would get back to fitness and we can play him on these pitches instead of Shami / Siraj.

If the rumoured track is going to take spin from Day 1, session 1, tactically this could be the best team to select:

Gill

Hitman

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Sundar

Ashwin

Axar

Bumrah

The batting is deep, with 3 spin bowlers on offer. A lot will depend on whether Pandya is capable of bowling 4-5 overs in a row with the new ball.  Less of an issue as the match wears on. From the Pujara interview I saw on cricbuzz today, I get the feeling Pandya will play.

Our top 6 is set in stone, no one will be dropped barring injury.

Ashwin, Axar and Sundar will be a triple threat for England.

Given Ishant is a lock to play his 100th test. I think the team will look like this now:

Gill

Hitman

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Ashwin

Axar

Ishant

Bumrah

For me its a very very strong batting order, probably India's strongest batting order its fielded in a while.

With Ishant at 10, while he is no Bradman, he can block for a few overs decently.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, SRT100 said:

If the rumoured track is going to take spin from Day 1, session 1, tactically this could be the best team to select:

Gill

Hitman

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Sundar

Ashwin

Axar

Bumrah

The batting is deep, with 3 spin bowlers on offer. A lot will depend on whether Pandya is capable of bowling 4-5 overs in a row with the new ball.  Less of an issue as the match wears on. From the Pujara interview I saw on cricbuzz today, I get the feeling Pandya will play.

Our top 6 is set in stone, no one will be dropped barring injury.

Ashwin, Axar and Sundar will be a triple threat for England.

I personally like 3 2. At least 2 Pacers. Just a preference and I also think we are underestimating Siraj here. He can be deadly with the new ball. Particularly pink ball. 

Bumrah

Siraj or Ishant

Axar

Ashwin

Sundar? 

I am torn between Sundar or pandya. I do love pandya and I absolutely love Sundar. So much talent. I guess Sundar? For that no look 6 alone lol. Sundar it is. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I personally like 3 2. At least 2 Pacers. Just a preference and I also think we are underestimating Siraj here. He can be deadly with the new ball. Particularly pink ball. 

Bumrah

Siraj or Ishant

Axar

Ashwin

Sundar? 

I am torn between Sundar or pandya. I do love pandya and I absolutely love Sundar. So much talent. I guess Sundar? For that no look 6 alone lol. Sundar it is. 

Pujara IMO indicated in a recent interview that Pandya could be an option.

With the dew it may be reckless to have 3 spinners, esp Sundar who isnt as experienced and only a part time bowler.

Pandya is tailor made for this match. If he can 10 overs in a day spread over two spells of 5 overs, I think he will play.

26 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Pujara IMO indicated in a recent interview that Pandya could be an option.

With the dew it may be reckless to have 3 spinners, esp Sundar who isnt as experienced and only a part time bowler.

Pandya is tailor made for this match. If he can 10 overs in a day spread over two spells of 5 overs, I think he will play.

Think either ways we will be fine . An attack of axar and ashwin with bumrah and Ishant is capable of 20 wickets . Our worry will be our fragile batting and a left handed sundar versus a pandya - who is the better bat currently . I feel sundar is in prime form and should play ahead of Pandya who has lack of match practise