Motera Stadium rivals the best of Western cricket stadiums

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

The pitch square is so green it merges into the outfield. Should make Indian supports skip a heartbeat.

6 mm of live grass, extra lacquer on pink ball, and batting at twilight against Anderson and Jofra - What could go wrong? :phehe:

will be cut off closer to the toss.

14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Got the tickets for both 3rd and 4th tests :aha:

Really looking forward to this. Been a while since I watched a test live from the stands. Time to make up for the gap in the next couple of weeks. Hoping to see exciting cricket and not dull boring flat pitches

Be safe also. Best of luck!

22 hours ago, sandeep said:

Gujarat is dry in name only. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/cons-products/liquor/liquor-prohibition-is-gujarat-really-a-dry-state-or-a-tipplers-paradise/articleshow/19296903.cms?from=mdr

Unhealthy if you ask me. People drinking in cars and at homes. I guess five-star hotels get permits automatically.

No dry-days in the state of MaGa!

Strange that the OP's benchmark is Brabourne.

Has to be the worst stadium I've been to. And by quite a distance.

To begin with, Brabourne isn't even the best stadium in that pincode. When the Wankhede was getting rebuilt for the 2011 WC, Brabourne hosted all of :mi: 's home games.

The ticket counter was inside the stadium. Basically, you are already inside the complex, next to the pavilion, and can just scoot away anywhere w/o collecting the ticket you've booked (or not booked). Also, for most of the stands have no seats/seat numbers and are concrete slabs.  Makes for very uncomfortable seating. Especially for the 4pm games. Its essentially a free for all. Just sit where ever.  The stadium is also home to a fair number of strays.

CCI's management is shambolic.  The stadium parking is not attended to and no one ( except me! :(( ) parked at the designated spot. My car only got the opportunity to leave the stadium 2 hours ( and 20 scratches) after the end of the match.

I've attended a wedding and a concert at Brabourne, and the experience was far more pleasant.

Not sure what Brabourne experience the OP has bench-concrete slab marked the new Motera to?

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Strange that the OP's benchmark is Brabourne.

Has to be the worst stadium I've been to. And by quite a distance.

To begin with, Brabourne isn't even the best stadium in that pincode. When the Wankhede was getting rebuilt for the 2011 WC, Brabourne hosted all of :mi: 's home games.

The ticket counter was inside the stadium. Basically, you are already inside the complex, next to the pavilion, and can just scoot away anywhere w/o collecting the ticket you've booked (or not booked). Also, for most of the stands have no seats/seat numbers and are concrete slabs.  Makes for very uncomfortable seating. Especially for the 4pm games. Its essentially a free for all. Just sit where ever.  The stadium is also home to a fair number of strays.

CCI's management is shambolic.  The stadium parking is not attended to and no one ( except me! :(( ) parked at the designated spot. My car only got the opportunity to leave the stadium 2 hours ( and 20 scratches) after the end of the match.

I've attended a wedding and a concert at Brabourne, and the experience was far more pleasant.

Not sure what Brabourne experience the OP has bench-concrete slab marked the new Motera to?

@Mariyam

I am talking about the overall player/member facilities. Even South Mumbai elites cannot get in there no matter what amount they flash.

My best buddy's dad was a former very senior bureaucrat in the Maharashtra Govt.  Stayed directly opposite CCI in a building full of very senior IAS and IPS officers.

I've seen every nook and corner of CCI. Overall it is super-lavish compared to all other stadiums I've seen -and I've seen alot.

Only Mohali came close in terms of players and members facilities