IPL Auction - My predictions

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

his bowling looked average in Australia of all places and his batting looks more in the Kallis mould than Watson, also don’t think he played big bash due to the Ind-Aus series. Apart from hype he has nothing to show for.

he has watson potential but yet to develop. 

KKR needs top order international player who can bowl so thats the only thing or else not much. Thats why im not giving him much chance

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Karun nair- high chance will go unsold or RR may bid for him for old sake 

Teams need Indian batsman and bowlers. You have only 4 slots for overseas. If Hooda and Mandeep type players get picked every auction, I don’t see why a guy like Nair (don’t pull his stats now) with a reputation of that 300 will easily get a buy at base price.

Didnt you give me this logic when I was making fun of Mandeep and Hooda? :hmmmm2:

Have RR not released Manan Vohra still? ..  I really wanted to see him play last season. 

Someone like CSK could really use him. 

Also Malan should be the MVP of this season.  A left hander who has every gear available & can bat in Top 4.

I wish Root was available too.. 

If Jamieson is going to be most expensive guy then I seriously doubt credibility of IPl planners..  I can see from miles away that he won't change the complexion or anything.  

Ben McDermott is another name that should not go unnoticed. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Finch will be perfect replacement for Watson for CSK - Finch doesnt bowl but so didnt watson for CSK much

Finch is as good as Jadhav with the ball. I have seen him run through our padosis few times with his left arm darts. Not that he will be required to bowl in the spin army that CSK has. With Thala you never know

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Have RR not released Manan Vohra still? ..  I really wanted to see him play last season. 

Someone like CSK could really use him. 

Also Malan should be the MVP of this season.  A left hander who has every gear available & can bat in Top 4.

I wish Root was available too.. 

If Jamieson is going to be most expensive guy then I seriously doubt credibility of IPl planners..  I can see from miles away that he won't change the complexion or anything.  

Ben McDermott is another name that should not go unnoticed. 

CSK wont use Manan not the kind of player thala likes. 

Malan can be great if in right side. CSK, Punjab, RR, RCB can be good sides for him

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Finch will be perfect replacement for Watson for CSK - Finch doesnt bowl but so didnt watson for CSK much

Doubt CSK will look for an opener.. They already got Uthappa traded in... And they have Ruturaj, Faf and possibly Jaggi..

They might go all in on Maxwell or Moeen.. They love all-rounders and need an offie given that there is no Harbhajan

Agree Jamieson might sell for a lot.. Many franchisees will look for that kind of player.. Cam Green as well

Dube, Maxwell will fetch a lot given that their supposed big hitting abilities and the contribution with bat and ball..

Finch, Roy, Malan, Jhye, Morris, Moeen, Shakib might sell for 4-6 crore 

Bhajji, Jadhav might sell for base price..

Don't see too much interest for Smith.. some franchise might take him at little over base price, maybe even RR

13 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Doubt CSK will look for an opener.. They already got Uthappa traded in... And they have Ruturaj, Faf and possibly Jaggi..

They might go all in on Maxwell or Moeen.. They love all-rounders and need an offie given that there is no Harbhajan

Maxwell is inconsistent a Trait thala doesnt like

Moeen fits the bill but they need a power player like watson at top who is consistent to

Faf doesnt provide that fire power, ruturaj is no pant , jaggi again nothing special. Uthappa at downward spiral. 

Finch is perfect for them

For offie they can go for K gowtham and he can slog to

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
16 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Rayudu gaaru can open too

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Maxwell is inconsistent a Trait thala doesnt like

Moeen fits the bill but they need a power player like watson

Faf doesnt provide that fire power, ruturaj is no pant , jaggi again nothing special. Uthappa at downward spiral. 

Finch is perfect for them

For offie they can go for K gowtham and he can slog to

I think Thala values historical performance more than current form.. Look at the players they picked in 2018 - Watson, Harbhajan, Rayudu and now Uthappa.. 

What's common between them? They all did well for their previous franchisees few years ago and were on a decline when Thala picked them..

I see both Maxwell and Finch fit that definition, but given that Maxwell offers something extra with the ball, Thala might be thinking about him doing the Jadhav/Raina role with the ball