Another Turner in Ahmedabad

neel roy

3 hours ago, YCCC said:

Sorry I have to interject here. I can’t remember the last time I saw a “green mamba” for a Test match in England. It’s all about the overhead conditions. Generally county clubs and the ECB want matches to last at least four days for much needed revenue.

As for NZ, yes they do leave grass on, but again matches there usually last four or five days and tend to get better and better for batting as the game goes on. Their pitches look like they’ll seam all over the shop, but rarely do

For the record I have no problem at all with India preparing bunsens, that’s the beauty of cricket, the variety of pitches around the world and even within countries. But this idea that England only play on “green” pitches at home is completely and utterly false

The results on english pitches are very toss oriented. Whether it's mamba or samba it wouldnt matter. Teams batting last never have the advantage in those pitches as witnessed in 2018 when England and the best Condtions on 4 occassions due to them winning the toss. I agree it depends on Condtions however you only get to take advantage of the Condtions If you win the toss. 

In India's case, the real reason why bunsens we even of offer is due to the unavailability of Umesh Shami and Jadeja who are India's best players in Asian Condtions and possibly amongst the best ever for these Condtions. 

On 2/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, Jay said:

when england, new zealand stop preparing green mamabs and just hope and pray to win tosses then we can consider giving away our spin track advantage. We dont need to pander to anyone. Its simple. our 3 best players arent playing hence we are going with a spin track option. 

None of our recent series to new Zealand or England were green mambas. In fact they scored a lot of runs on those pitches. People write anything and get upvoted here 

39 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

the closest thing to green mambas we got was the lords test in 2014

It was swinging appreciably more (maybe 2x as much?) in Lord's 2018, not to mention we also batted under lights with a red ball - also the entire 2018 tour we played tests late Aug-Sep(?) something & the ball was definitely doing a lot more for longer throughout that test series. The 2014 tour was relatively lame in comparison.

12 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

It was swinging appreciably more (maybe 2x as much?) in Lord's 2018, not to mention we also batted under lights with a red ball - also the entire 2018 tour we played tests late Aug-Sep(?) something & the ball was definitely doing a lot more for longer throughout that test series. The 2014 tour was relatively lame in comparison.

the 2017 saf tour was one where every pitch was doctored. it is the only series it seems where every possible wicket fell. Generally grass on the pitch aids seam movement more than swing.

Just now, rollingstoned said:

the 2017 saf tour

There was no 2017 SA tour, it was also in 2018 not to mention England also did the pitch doctoring :no:

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

it is the only series it seems where every possible wicket fell.

You must've missed the second test then? Except the Wanderers pitch none of the other two were unmanageable - yes very difficult but you could also apply it to the Eng tour.

1 hour ago, New guy said:

None of our recent series to new Zealand or England were green mambas. In fact they scored a lot of runs on those pitches. People write anything and get upvoted here 

They were terrible Condtions to bat first in n.z.

In n.z go look at the record. You win toss and field. Period.

In England the opposite works in general. Win toss and bat. Most of the time. 

When India batted in England the Condtions were not conducive to batting. N.z had favorable Condtions. 

It's a poor pitch because it doesn take toss out for equation. 

Enough of this bullshit. Don't quote me. England and n.z are masters at rigging pitches to suit their players. Period. 

India din't have favourable Condtions to bat in both test series. Pitches there are toss oriented. 

India just don't complain. 

Now these whiny bitches complain when they lose in a pitch that takes tosses out of the equation? Get a grip 

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

There was no 2017 SA tour, it was also in 2018 not to mention England also did the pitch doctoring :no:

You must've missed the second test then? Except the Wanderers pitch none of the other two were unmanageable - yes very difficult but you could also apply it to the Eng tour.

It was in the 17/18 cycle. 

Saf themselves went on record saying they wanted to pay us back in our own coin after the criticism the 2015 tour pitches got.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/south-africa-tried-to-doctor-pitches-vs-india-could-have-lost-ex-coach-ray-jennings/story-aAoiSCBe5TA0aNTlj40PwJ.html

broad bowled 20 overs in the entire match in chennai. they are planning to play both anderson and broad for the pink ball test. they will be opportunistic hyenas on a pitch that gives some assistance. better to make a turner like the last test to negate this strategy. let the english whine all they want. we should back our strnegths just like sena countries

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

broad bowled 20 overs in the entire match in chennai. they are planning to play both anderson and broad for the pink ball test. they will be opportunistic hyenas on a pitch that gives some assistance. better to make a turner like the last test to negate this strategy. let the english whine all they want. we should back our strnegths just like sena countries

The rank turner in the last match made each session exciting and enticing to watch.

Whatever is said and done, at the end of the day, I got to see two good and very different test match centuries and great spin bowling on a spicy wicket.

No matter what I want India to qualify for the WTC Final. We need to play to our strengths as does all the SENA countries.

England cant match our spin bowling or batsmen on these pitches, regardless of toss.

24 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Good one:laugh:

Edited by Stan AF
On 2/22/2021 at 8:24 PM, SRT100 said:

The rank turner in the last match made each session exciting and enticing to watch.

Whatever is said and done, at the end of the day, I got to see two good and very different test match centuries and great spin bowling on a spicy wicket.

No matter what I want India to qualify for the WTC Final. We need to play to our strengths as does all the SENA countries.

England cant match our spin bowling or batsmen on these pitches, regardless of toss.

English cuties would have been crushed if full strength Indian bowling attack was available even in the first test. They got lucky. Shami umesh and Jadeja are world class players. 

Sporting or unsporting makes no difference if India is at full strength. India will trounce you. 

Now we don't have them but we are still powerful enough to win but we are not taking any risks so we will.prepare a Turner. 

I have a nasty feeling both axar and Ashwin will score big in the next test match and bowl well again. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

English cuties would have been crushed if full strength Indian bowling attack was available even in the first test. They got lucky. Shami umesh and Jadeja are world class players. 

Sporting or unsporting makes no difference if India is at full strength. India will trounce you. 

Now we don't have them but we are still powerful enough to win but we are not taking any risks so we will.prepare a Turner. 

I have a nasty feeling both axar and Ashwin will score big in the next test match and bowl well again. 

When was the last time India was at full strength? Outside of Asia?