Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He hasnt played enough ODI just 21. It isnt just short ball their are many issues he has 

He has been impressive in those ODIs. No.4 shouldn't be juggled around with for atleast 20 more matches. After a long while someone is getting a chance to own that spot & has done reasonably well. 

If he doesn't evolve his game & work on those issues he ll get the boot, so win win for India. I think he has very good temperament & will succeed in long run.

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He has been impressive in those ODIs. No.4 shouldn't be juggled around with for atleast 20 more matches. After a long while someone is getting a chance to own that spot & has done reasonably well. 

If he doesn't evolve his game & work on those issues he ll get the boot, so win win for India. I think he has very good temperament & will succeed in long run.

Agreed he has done well but my take on his is he is not a better batsman then guys like pant n gill who are sitting out. He aint an X factor player either whom,  ill think of investing for some 70 odd games. Also my biggest issue with him and Nitish rana is they have to many problems not just one. This is where Rayudu fell behind to . 

Ill rather invest in guys like gill n pant who have lesser issues and are better batsman. If you ask me Iyer is a risky investment due to number of his issue which once started getting exposed will be tough to hide. Reason i mentioned 20 games was coz it a small time when problems dnt get found out, also their arent many quality bowling lineup to expose. He ll keep scoring against side who arent consistent with their bowling but when that tough side comes like how Aus screwed him twice at home n away it will be tough for him. Not to forget this guy was 3rd in the list of ppl in Indian team in dropping catches and he doesnt even play one format

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Shreyas is incredibly consistent batsman. SKY has the X-factor but he is not consistent enough and his all round game will be tested when he plays for India. You look at their List A stats and sense will automatically prevail.

As long as Shreyas is performing with bat and scoring runs consistently in domestic and for India, he needs to be backed. He is only 25 compared to the likes of SKY and Manish who do not have many years left in them and he is averaging 45 in ODIs already. Unlike Rayudu, he hardly wastes deliveries.

It is expected that with his peak years left ahead, he can get only better with time rather than getting exposed, even that is also part of the learning curve. Mayank, KL, Pant and Shaw all have gone through this phase.

As for Shreyas blocking Pant's slot, latter has himself to be blamed for it. But he can perform and surely make a comeback. 

Venkatesh Iyer batting 194 off 143 balls while coming in at 3 for MP.  I like this innings because it is against well known bowlers ... Kaul, Sandeep, Sran and Markhande.

He is a tall left handed batsman and powerful hitter. Cuts, pulls and drives with power. Plus he bowls seam up.

Has been picked up by KKR this year.

Here is a video of him batting

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/147790/venkatesh-iyer-s-52-ball-87-run-blitz

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Venkatesh Iyer batting 168 off 125 balls while coming in at 3 for MP.  I like this innings because it is against well known bowlers ... Kaul, Sandeep, Sran and Markhande.

He is a tall left handed batsman and powerful hitter. Cuts, pulls and drives with power. Plus he bowls seam up.

I like him..very aggressive player.

His bowling is decent as well.

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Venkatesh Iyer batting 168 off 125 balls while coming in at 3 for MP.  I like this innings because it is against well known bowlers ... Kaul, Sandeep, Sran and Markhande.

Stepping down the track and smashing Lord Dinda. Nice pull shot off the short ball too. Looks good bro.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Stepping down the track and smashing Lord Dinda. Nice pull shot off the short ball too. Looks good bro.

Venkstesh is a powerful hitter bro. Looks good against fast-medium pace too.

I saw a bit of his bowling in SMAT.  Looked 125 to 135 range with a high release point. Not bad at all for a top order batsman.

Edited by express bowling