Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bhui averages 42+ in FCC and 46+ in List A. So, he is a proper batsman at FC level.

If his keeping is good then it is surprising that he is not being shortlisted. 

The days of keepers averaging less than 40 with the bat, is over.

indeed. but it's still quite odd how few keepers in the world avg over 40 in tests. only rizwan and pant come to mind, and I think rizwan's avg will drop below 40 (but will stay close to it). not even BJ Watling and Quinny (de Kock) have maintained the 40+ avg in tests. over a long-ish career, only a few sustained 40+ avg while being a regular keeper - flower power, gilly, les ames are the ones who come to mind

11 hours ago, diga said:

Ends on 192,just short of a double century ...

Samarth was tried out as an opener in India A games before Mayank I think. He did not capitalize on it for whatever reasons. Looking at the stats, he does score at a higher s/r than Padikkal with very few sixes. 

Kar in semis :yay: Incumbent champs

12 hours ago, Vijy said:

samarth has had an outstanding season this yr, but before this his List A record was good but not spectacular. on the other hand, mayank was averaging 50 with a 100+ SR - an extremely rare (ABDV-like) combo.

I meant as an opener in first class games in south africa for India-A since @jusarrived mentioned that he is the most technically sound bat in Kar team

23 minutes ago, diga said:

I meant as an opener in first class games in south africa for India-A since @jusarrived mentioned that he is the most technically sound bat in Kar team

I think selectors are prioritizing Panchal and Easwaran. Both are promising, although Panchal is old-ish. Samarth may enter the mix if he maintains the form.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I think selectors are prioritizing Panchal and Easwaran. Both are promising, although Panchal is old-ish. Samarth may enter the mix if he maintains the form.

Agree they are ahead of the queue now.. Samarth did get his chance in 2017 India A tours and blew it

Good to see Khejroloya running in hard and hitting the deck harder.

don’t like this guy.. he has an attitude problem, doesn’t look a hard worker , riding on his pace for some time now.. he should be shown the door soo, would give more deserving players some opportunities..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9 minutes ago, nsareen said:

don’t like this guy.. he has an attitude problem, doesn’t look a hard worker , riding on his pace for some time now.. he should be shown the door soo, would give more deserving players some opportunities..

Can you elaborate what he did or what you find wrong in him?

Can you elaborate what he did or what you find wrong in him?

had read quite a few reports of during his time in IPL, he used to be more interested in chatting with women a lot more on social media than using his time wisely to train & become fitter. He was eventually eased out of RCB..

1 minute ago, nsareen said:

had read quite a few reports of during his time in IPL, he used to be more interested in chatting with women a lot more on social media than using his time wisely to train & become fitter. He was eventually eased out of RCB..

In that our Shami bhai is guru. Instagram 101 ke lekhak.

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Why will Delhi drop a performing player? Looks at his record in limited overs 26 matches 56 wickets@18. Don't think any current bowler has got similar stats. He could not become a long format bowler but is an intelligent one with good set of variations including pace for limited overs.