Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021

32 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am getting confused about who's who. The instagram bowler you put is not the one I was talking about. I am talking about Brett Lee Sabir Khan. He has been clocked at 142 and 143 about 2 yrs ago. And his immediate goal is to clock 150k's. 

From Champaran, very small quaint town of bihar. This kid will go far. 

Why isn't he selected for VHT 2021 !!

Don't like it at all  !!

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am worried about the transformation process from U19 to Senior level for our fast bowlers.

Dravid, Mhambrey and other people in charge of U19 cricket ate doing a great job in terms of identifying fast bowling talent.

But none are progressing as expected after this. 

19 is an awkward age as the players are neither kids nor fully grown up young men. Batsman struggle to adjust to international class bowling and bowlers, due to still growing bodies, develop injuries. I think Under 21 would be better to identify talents capable of smoother transition to the big stage. Let there be an U19 WC, but also have a U21 world cup to serve as a bridge for transition.

Edited by nevada
30 minutes ago, nevada said:

19 is an awkward age as the players are neither kids nor fully grown up young men. Batsman struggle to adjust to international class bowling and bowlers, due to still growing bodies, develop injuries. I think Under 21 would be better to identify talents capable of smoother transition to the big stage. Let there be an U19 WC, but also have a U21 world cup to serve as a bridge for transition.

I have always wanted a U21 WC every alternating year to the U19 WC.

But better management of the U19 fast bowlers is needed too. The U19 performers of the penultimate batch are often forgotten if they're not regulars in their state teams by then.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sabir is genuinely quick. No idea why he missed U19, when Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh handpicked him themself. I dont think he was even selected for IPL. But you cant hide a talent like that for long. 

Sabir, Anuj and Rahul all these 3 bowlers will be in the reckoning sooner than later.

Sabir could not impress in the games before u19 WC. He was wayward.

2 hours ago, nevada said:

Whatever said and done just to think what Sachin did when he was 16 in Pakistan and freaking 18 in Australia playing on the rise in Perth, nearly winning the second final of B&H world series trophy at that tender age.. he was a player.. 

55 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Whatever said and done just to think what Sachin did when he was 16 in Pakistan and freaking 18 in Australia playing on the rise in Perth, nearly winning the second final of B&H world series trophy at that tender age.. he was a player.. 

Some say he wasn't exactly 16.