India’s squad for Paytm T20I series against England announced.

SK_IH

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

4 to high for SKY, both pant and Hardik shud bat ahead of him

SKY can finish matches with his 360 degree game. Takes time to settle in while Pant and Hardik can hit from ball 1. Hence I kept him at 4.

Edited by ShebbySB

This is the XI i hope we start with

1. Rahul 
  2. Rohit 
  3. Kohli 
  4. Pant
  5. Pandya
  6. SKY
  7. Tewatia
  8. Deepak Chahar 
  9. Nattu 
  10. Varun. C 
  11. Chahal / Sundar/Pacer (based on Matchups and conditions)

Not sure of Bhuvi Fitness but Lets rotate Fast bowlers . Idea shud be that Nattu, Saini, Chahar plays more games so max international experience can be given to them

1 minute ago, ShebbySB said:

SKY can finish matches with his 360 degree game. Takes time to settle in while Pant and Hardik can hit from ball 1. Hence I kept him at 4.

SKY doesnt take time to settle

If they can hit from ball 1 doesnt mean give them less balls, anyways its t20 ...giving them 5-10 balls is our loss. Qualitatively both are better batsman then SKY so both shud be ahead

32 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Can anyone tell me why Samson is rated so highly? Yes he looks attractive while playing shots but so do so many others. Has a pretty average domestic record and even in all IPLs he has played he blows hot and cold and has never deleivered a consistent season from start to finish. Don't see how he makes his way into the squad over the ones selected. 

His ability to hit out against fast bowling. Throwing him out after one series is a poor call. He got picked because he was/is good enough, but FFS give him a proper run before dumping him.

Picking and discarding young players like that is always a travesty and under Kohli, it has been a norm for long now. While his favorite seniors like Dhawan and Bhuvi keep coming to the side despite long layoffs.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

SKY doesnt take time to settle

If they can hit from ball 1 doesnt mean give them less balls, anyways its t20 ...giving them 5-10 balls is our loss. Qualitatively both are better batsman then SKY so both shud be ahead

The order can be diff but 4,5,6 should be given to these 3.

1 hour ago, dilliboy said:

Can anyone tell me why Samson is rated so highly? Yes he looks attractive while playing shots but so do so many others. Has a pretty average domestic record and even in all IPLs he has played he blows hot and cold and has never deleivered a consistent season from start to finish. Don't see how he makes his way into the squad over the ones selected. 

coz he has the gift of playing any kind of bowling with ease. He is an impact player and an outstanding fielder , keeper to 

The question shud be how are guys like Dhawan n iyer making into side again n again

15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz he has the gift of playing any kind of bowling with ease. He is an impact player and an outstanding fielder , keeper to 

The question shud be how are guys like Dhawan n iyer making into side again n again

Dhawan is in good books of the captain.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:05 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Very happy for sky , varun.c , kishen and tewatia 

Meritorious selection on capabilities.

All are jabardast hitters and one is a strange bowler.

If any of them starts connecting well..game can be ours.

But they can mis hit too and get out.

They should get 10 games and only then anything should be said about them. It should not be that sky hits a 4 and then gets caught and selectors dump him.

20 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Meritorious selection on capabilities.

All are jabardast hitters and one is a strange bowler.

If any of them starts connecting well..game can be ours.

But they can mis hit too and get out.

They should get 10 games and only then anything should be said about them. It should not be that sky hits a 4 and then gets caught and selectors dump him.

Im tired of this bullshit of TM of dumping players without giving them a decent chance. ie a strong run of games to allow them to settle.

I was always a fan of Pant, but I think there was a lot of pressure placed on him which ended up effecting his confidence which led to his poor wicket keeping and batting performances.

When given a  proper chance, Pant showed what he is capable of. Im not talking about the GABBA either, Im talking the last match with his wicket keeping.

Dhawan being selected in this squad is a disgrace.  Its time he moved on.

1 hour ago, Jodonjo said:

Pant got 20+ games before he was thrown out of the team...why doesnt samson get the same treatment??

Pant scored 600+ runs@160+ SR in a IPL season, hit the fastest FC and T20 100s by an Indian, scored 1000+ runs in a FC season including a triple hundred. Won a tri series for India A in England vs Lions in a tricky chase. Was averaging 50+ in FC when he made his India debut. Scored a 100 in England in his 2nd test.

Samson too deserves a proper run but not because Pant got those chances. 

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
58 minutes ago, Jodonjo said:

Pant got 20+ games before he was thrown out of the team...why doesnt samson get the same treatment??

Coz he is heavily inconsistent in IPl even..  At least Pant & Kishan have monster IPl seasons under their belt.

Samson is tad unlucky but this is how it is..  You need to impress the TM in 5-6 games at max..  And he got to open few times as well in NZ.  Kishan Pant or SKY may only get a few overs to leave impact which I think is wrong in every way.