India’s squad for Paytm T20I series against England announced.

SK_IH

6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Dhawan, Iyer :facepalm:.... Dhawan ll play atleas 2 matches and drop few catches as well.

You can't drop someone who was the second highest scorer in last ipl, but he won't get a chance in playing eleven i think

Edited by Adamant
42 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

This quite good except for Dhawan & Y Chahal .  We have seen enough of these 2 and these slots should have been used to test some fringe guys . I would have preferred R Chahar leggie in place of Y Chahal.

And 1 quickie was needed . They should include a new quickie in the pool if not in the eleven . 

I like R Chahar. He needs to be given a few chances and groomed.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Agree.

Who would your pick be ?

Would be Kartik  as of now  ..  ( Prasidh can replace him but he needs to up his performance which is bit up & down right now) - not saying need to be in the eleven , but in the scheme of things  constantly working  with  Arun . Next 2 would be Prasidh & Mavi. ( Leaving out Kamlesh till he plays one full season)

Want all the 3 to get  very good control on at least 3 varieties of deliveries and can bowl them when required. 

4 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Would be Kartik  as of now  ..  ( Prasidh can replace him but he needs to up his performance which is bit up & down right now) - not saying need to be in the eleven , but in the scheme of things  constantly working  with  Arun . Next 2 would be Prasidh & Mavi. ( Leaving out Kamlesh till he plays one full season)

Want all the 3 to get  very good control on at least 3 varieties of deliveries and can bowl them when required. 

Yes ... yorkers, hard length balls, bouncers and 1 type of slower ball.

Whichever of these 3 young quicks has these balls should be chosen in the LOI squad. 

Kartik has a wonderful yorker and bouncer and has improved his length ball on the tour to Australia. If he develops 1 type of slower ball, he can be an asset in LOIs.

Mavi has everything ... just needs to get back his usual pace.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Yes ... yorkers, hard length balls, bouncers and 1 type of slower ball.

Whichever of these 3 young quicks has these balls should be chosen in the LOI squad. 

Kartik has a wonderful yorker and bouncer and has improved his length ball on the tour to Australia. If he develops 1 type of slower ball, he can be an asset in LOIs.

Mavi has everything ... just needs to get back his usual pace.

Agree .. the pace and yorker is the reason i went for him. Again when in full flow , you get a feeling of bit scariness which one feels in your stomach , same could be the case for batsmen. I love such fast bowlers . i do not get that feeling when watching say Prasidh or Kamlesh.  

Good to see Tewatia in but sad to see Samson miss out ... Samson could have replaced one of Dhawan, Rohit and Iyer 

PS my preferred 11 from those in the squad for the initial games

KL

Kishan

Virat

SKY

SDP (Hardik)

Pant

Tewatia 

Sundar

Bhuvi

Varun C / Chahal / Saini / ...

Natrajan

Edited by zen

Samson got hard done again. Anyway, he will have to perform in IPL this time again. Dhawan has been in squad since t20 wc '14, was dropped in both t20wc in SF still he is picked everytime despite having Rohit-Rahul. Sky, Ishan both need to get game otherwise pointless selecting them, Iyer is another passenger who will torture like Dhawan-Rahane.

Edited by Bigg Brother
6 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Agree .. the pace and yorker is the reason i went for him. Again when in full flow , you get a feeling of bit scariness which one feels in your stomach , same could be the case for batsmen. I love such fast bowlers .

Exactly !!

Tyagi is a fast bowler in the old mould.  Fast and scary. 

I too love such fast bowlers.  

Bumrah, Shami, Tyagi and pre-injury Mavi qualify. Aaron and Srinath did too.

i do not get that feeling when watching say Prasidh or Kamlesh.  

True.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My preferred playing 11

1.Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY / Kishan

6. Hardik

7. Sundar

8. Shardul

9. Saini  

10. Varun

11. Natarajan 

I hope Tewatia is not thrown out without any match after this series . Can easily bowl 2-3 overs and a fit case for quick fire 10-12 ball knocks . There is that ability to hit big .

Need to test it further . Anyway if he can perform again in next IPL , there should not be doubt about his hitting ability.  Can replace Saini (esp), Shardul if they do not deliver.

Pluses ... 

.... SKY, Kishan, Tewatia introduced

.... Pant back

.... No Pandey

.... Bumrah rested. This is great !

Minuses ....

.... Why Dhawan again .?????

.... Iyer there 

.... No Samson 

.... Very little pace, height, bounce in the attack. 4 medium pacers or short seamers have been chosen 

.... No Rahul Chahar.

I hope Tewatia is not thrown out without any match after this series . Can easily bowl 2-3 overs and a fit case for quick fire 10-12 ball knocks . There is that ability to hit big .

Need to test it further . Anyway if he can perform again in next IPL , there should not be doubt about his hitting ability.  Can replace Saini (esp), Shardul if they do not deliver.

Want Tewatia to play after a couple of matches.

I have kept Saini to break the monotony of short medium pacers.