India’s squad for Paytm T20I series against England announced.

SK_IH

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

sanju played 7 matches and has highest score of 23. 6 of those 7 matches were all played in last year as well, so you cannot say one off chances. a good player should have grabbed those chances. He is way too inconsistent even in ipl. He don't have a single 500 run season even though he is playing full seasons since 8 years. I would rather see Ishan kishan and SKY in this series

I agree that he is way too inconsistent but in the recent IPL he was more consistent than usual and impressed with his improved six hitting ability. That's why he was picked. Dumping him after just a few games is like leaving the job partially done. He is a gamble pick for sure, but if he can give us 2 wins in 10 matches played, that's a decent return. Like the Australia tour has shown, we get good results when different sets of players step up at different times. Sanju has ability to be one of those. 

1 minute ago, nevada said:

I agree that he is way too inconsistent but in the recent IPL he was more consistent than usual and impressed with his improved six hitting ability. That's why he was picked. Dumping him after just a few games is like leaving the job partially done. He is a gamble pick for sure, but if he can give us 2 wins in 10 matches played, that's a decent return. Like the Australia tour has shown, we get good results when different sets of players step up at different times. Sanju has ability to be one of those. 

But picking  an in form Kishan over Sanju is fair play as well.  Better consistency,  better form..  Left hander.  Much improved striker with most sixes in IPl in fact 30 sixes. 

Sanju had the chance in the third T20 to show what he's got but unfortunately the competition is very stiff.  Needs a big IPl to come back in the reckoning. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

6-7 chances are not enough for a talent like him . He  is a special talent for whom ill say 40-50 games is minimum

Here he couldn't get even 10 games back to back and you say 40-50 games. The only way to keep a place in the side with this TM is to do tuk tuk and become a consolidator. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

But picking  an in form Kishan over Sanju is fair play as well.  Better consistency,  better form..  Left hander.  Much improved striker with most sixes in IPl in fact 30 sixes. 

Sanju had the chance in the third T20 to show what he's got but unfortunately the competition is very stiff.  Needs a big IPl to come back in the reckoning. 

Agree its not like they picked Pandey or Jadhav ahead of Samson.

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes, Kishan seems like a better pick. IPL does open doors for strong performers. Hope Sanju can show consistency this time at-least. 

I feel he is still in the reckoning , but he has to prove that he can consistently score at one level below first so that his selection is justified at the highest level. 

He has not been able to show that in domestic for the last 6 odd years . Basically improvement is stunted . 

However he has BIG chance in next IPL as 

1. He is the captaan now of RR . 

2. He can decide the batting slot he wants .

There cannot be a bigger incentive for him than this in his career and storm into Indian side .

A very good IPL will automatically make him a member of INDIA T20 15 member team in future .

From there it is upto him , what to make of his career.

10 hours ago, The Realist said:

They can pick who they want but the top order will still be:

Sharma

Dhawan

Kohli 

Rahul

Same old plodders consuming the majority of the innings taking minimal risks and targeting a barely par score

Rahul will be our opener Dhawan won't be included in the playing eleven. 

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Yep, see i dont want him in the side but still he did well in ipl and selectors don't have any reason to drop him. 

Secondly you wanted DK in our t20 team who is a known TTF Dhawan is till way better.

why does IPL matter when he cant replicate it in international . 2019, 2020 he scored a lot in IPL then failed in international both yrs

Yes DK is one of the best finishers in the country .....u dnt find it every day. Dhawan is not better then DK in t20. 

DK has failed in Other formats but t20 he hasnt been even given a proper chance

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

He has fastest T20 100, along with 3 T20 100. Kohli was great one time but now he can bash only kesrick Williams type in T20. Sharma in loi recently has performed better than Kohli. Kohli, Dhawan, Iyer type player shouldn't be in T20. It's 20 over games you don't need accumulator. Kohli should only focus on 50 over and test it ll prolong his career leave T20 to youngsters and dasher.

Not at all. 

Sharma had a glorious 2019 but he did nothing of note in 2020.

If kohli is an accumulator then so is Sharma, he bats at a lesser strike rate than Kohli usually also Kohli is way more dependable on a tough pitch. 

I know that Sharma has a GOD mode but it only clicks once in 15 matches. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why does IPL matter when he cant replicate it in international . 2019, 2020 he scored a lot in IPL then failed in international both yrs

Yes DK is one of the best finishers in the country .....u dnt find it every day. Dhawan is not better then DK in t20. 

DK has failed in Other formats but t20 he hasnt been even given a proper chance

Dhawan is better than DK in everything that involves using a cricket bat. 

There's no comparison. 

When people say t20 they think that its just about players hitting sixes on flat pitch. 

I remember the last world cup t20, Amir and Sami went berserk and Kohli helped us out, same goes for asia cup. 

You won't always get flatties in t20 world cups it's not IPL. 

If we want to succeed in t20s we need atleast one player like Kohli. 

Kohli is going through a bad patch but still he was India's best batsman in the recent t20 series vs Aus, that tells me a lot. 

Kohli is already 35(unofficial age)maybe more as his reflexes match of a 35+,he shouldn't be considered for t20s anymore,he simply can't do it like he used to do 5yrs ago,we have seen how fast Dhoni regressed and he dragged himself and cost Ind multiple times, Kohli's decline will be more scary so TM must plan to phase him out of loi scheme of things after this t20 wc

T20s are all about hitting from top to bottom ,no more than 1 batsmen for anchoring an innings is needed here as you will want most of the scoring opportunity goes to your 5-6 hitters

Even if one anchor is needed i would rather want someone like Gill is invested in than a washed out Kohli in one year time,even a more prolific scorer like Root(now)is sidelined in t20s for betterment of the team

20 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Dhawan is better than DK in everything that involves using a cricket bat. 

There's no comparison. 

Hahaha....even dhoni wasnt better then DK in t20 

Very very few can claim to be better then everyone in ever field

BTW since u talked about cricket ball- Look how DK opened in england 2007 and dhawan doesnt even have a 50 in england after 2 tours of england. So check before u say

9 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli is already 35(unofficial age)maybe more as his reflexes match of a 35+,he shouldn't be considered for t20s anymore,he simply can't do it like he used to do 5yrs ago,we have seen how fast Dhoni regressed and he dragged himself and cost Ind multiple times, Kohli's decline will be more scary so TM must plan to phase him out of loi scheme of things after this t20 wc

T20s are all about hitting from top to bottom ,no more than 1 batsmen for anchoring an innings is needed here as you will want most of the scoring opportunity goes to your 5-6 hitters

Even if one anchor is needed i would rather want someone like Gill is invested in than a washed out Kohli in one year time,even a more prolific scorer like Root(now)is sidelined in t20s for betterment of the team

How do you know Kohli real age?.haha  is kohli  your relative or friend.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

I don't think the problem is Kohli who I think still can do the job..  No need of all hitters.  But Rohit & Kohli generally bat at very slow tempo in Powerplay.  If Kohli's unofficial age is 35 then Rohit who is currently 34 is maybe 36..  Having both of them in a lineup is not ideal. 

Add to that Rahul was batting even more slower than Dhawan in Australia I mean wtf..  We all saw how much slower was he in IPl. 

Kohli was kinda exposed in the IPl with his slower reflexes were coming back to bite him against spin..  Unless you don't step out or play sweep spinners will tie you down...  Rohit for some weird reasons has better reflexes than Kohli & steps out & sweeps as well.  Perhaps he has not fudged his age after all. 

Previous WT20 was 5 years back in 2016 when Kohli was at his peak so those numbers don't matter anymore. 

The irony with Indian cricket, is that if it could field its best team it would do very well. Unfortunately there is a profound bias towards those that have been a part of the team for a long time.

You cannot possibly play all of Dhawan, Hitman and Kohli in the same team. Its just too slow and leaving too much for the middle order to do. Which they will fail more times than not. You need acceleration at the top, coupled with left and right handed batsmen ideally throughout the batting lineup in addition to power hitters in the middle order.

You have to wonder if the coronavirus didnt hit the world, Dhoni may still have been a part of the world T20 squad. Its fortunate he retired.