India’s squad for Paytm T20I series against England announced.

SK_IH

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli is already 35(unofficial age)maybe more as his reflexes match of a 35+,he shouldn't be considered for t20s anymore,he simply can't do it like he used to do 5yrs ago,we have seen how fast Dhoni regressed and he dragged himself and cost Ind multiple times, Kohli's decline will be more scary so TM must plan to phase him out of loi scheme of things after this t20 wc

T20s are all about hitting from top to bottom ,no more than 1 batsmen for anchoring an innings is needed here as you will want most of the scoring opportunity goes to your 5-6 hitters

Even if one anchor is needed i would rather want someone like Gill is invested in than a washed out Kohli in one year time,even a more prolific scorer like Root(now)is sidelined in t20s for betterment of the team

Gill is no match for Kohli in t20is' as of now,  also Virat's performance in the last two years proves that he is'nt washed out. Just a rough patch, also who told you that Kohli is 35? That's a baseless assumption.

28 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kohli was kinda exposed in the IPl with his slower reflexes were coming back to bite him against spin..  Unless you don't step out or play sweep spinners will tie you down..

Kohli never had a sweep shot in his arsenal but he still was scoring well earlier, Kohli relies a lot on practice and hard work , he was totally out of rhythm because of lockdown and having zero practice.
Just look at his performance in the recently concluded t20 series vs aus, he was our highest scorer with a good strike rate.

4 hours ago, Serpico said:

sanju played 7 matches and has highest score of 23. 6 of those 7 matches were all played in last year as well, so you cannot say one off chances. a good player should have grabbed those chances. He is way too inconsistent even in ipl. He don't have a single 500 run season even though he is playing full seasons since 8 years. I would rather see Ishan kishan and SKY in this series

Do you remember a certain man named rohit sharma who was getting bowled by straight delevaries black and blue before going to opening slot, in t20s it's better to score a 30 with 180 strike rate than 50 with 130 140 sr ,we need shot makers who can take the game on end of the day it's only 120 balls for 11 batsman to face there should be no fear of getting it should be all about getting boundaries and samson is that kind of player. For accumulation we already have virat we don't need to stack up 11 with accumulater we need impact not consistency in the respective format.

6 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Kohli never had a sweep shot in his arsenal but he still was scoring well earlier, Kohli relies a lot on practice and hard work , he was totally out of rhythm because of lockdown and having zero practice.
Just look at his performance in the recently concluded t20 series vs aus, he was our highest scorer with a good strike rate.

Hmm he was quite good even some people were grilling him for his inns in the 3rd T20 match..  But I knew he was scoring at his max clip & target was just too much.  Iyer & Sanju had screwed too much. 

Even before the IPl in NZ I found him getting exposed in the format.  He is not the same force anymore &,  people should manage expectations from him. 

He won't finish too many games but for once he needs quick starts at the top to carry on which most of times doesn't happens with Rohit & Shikhar both get stuck in Powerplay..  Rahul in NZ showed great signs & he was scoring at a high S/R in Powerplay but in IPl & Australia he was terrible...  And we can't afford that especially with an unsettled middle order still. 

Taking gloves off Rahul means he'll be in the firing line..  Especially both Pant & Kishan can open. 

I don't  see Shikhar starting in Playing XI & he is waste of a spot to me in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, Soumo said:

Do you remember a certain man named rohit sharma who was getting bowled by straight delevaries black and blue before going to opening slot, in t20s it's better to score a 30 with 180 strike rate than 50 with 130 140 sr ,we need shot makers who can take the game on end of the day it's only 120 balls for 11 batsman to face there should be no fear of getting it should be all about getting boundaries and samson is that kind of player. For accumulation we already have virat we don't need to stack up 11 with accumulater we need impact not consistency in the respective format.

Your argument will work if Sanju atleast scored fast, but his T20I SR is 118. He can play big shots but he also eats up lot of dot balls.

Comparing with Rohit is silly, he scored 50 in his second T20 and played a match winning cameo in wc final in his fourth match. It's ODI he struggled in

15 minutes ago, Soumo said:

Well in reality its really 120 balls for your top 7 batsmen, you dont want your last 4 batsmen to be facing any of the 120 balls ideally.

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

Not at all. 

Sharma had a glorious 2019 but he did nothing of note in 2020.

If kohli is an accumulator then so is Sharma, he bats at a lesser strike rate than Kohli usually also Kohli is way more dependable on a tough pitch. 

I know that Sharma has a GOD mode but it only clicks once in 15 matches. 

T20 wc is in India. In 2020 how many matches india played and on that how many rohit played in T20. Kohli this Kohli that he has already loosing his marble . In last 2-3 years batting covid Rohit has trumped Kohli in loi. WC 19 Rohit has put Kohli in to dust and same goes to t20s international. As said Kohli, Dhawan and Iyer doesn't deseve a place In T20. However keeping Kohli t20 wc performance I will keep him in wc squad.

21 minutes ago, raki05 said:

T20 wc is in India. In 2020 how many matches india played and on that how many rohit played in T20. Kohli this Kohli that he has already loosing his marble . In last 2-3 years batting covid Rohit has trumped Kohli in loi. WC 19 Rohit has put Kohli in to dust and same goes to t20s international. As said Kohli, Dhawan and Iyer doesn't deseve a place In T20. However keeping Kohli t20 wc performance I will keep him in wc squad.

You don't realise the value of Kohli as a t20 batsman, the consistency which he brings is just out of the world. 

Sharma averages 30 odd at a similar strike rate, why will i pick him above kohli. Makes absolutely zero sense. 

Also if you keep in mind their performances in t20 world cup there won't even be any argument. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

You don't realise the value of Kohli as a t20 batsman, the consistency which he brings is just out of the world. 

Sharma averages 30 odd at a similar strike rate, why will i pick him above kohli. Makes absolutely zero sense. 

Also if you keep in mind their performances in t20 world cup there won't even be any argument. 

That's what I said in T20 wc he deserve his spot but don't mix sr with rohit kind of batsmen as the impact is exponential. Recently rohit has become more consistent and his last 2-3 year sr is quite different than his early days.So rohit at present is quite different than he was.

No, Rahul will be the opener Dhawan will be on bench.
Yadav ahead of Iyer and Pant will definitely play

Let's see. I can quite clearly see the pattern from the preparation of 2019 WC getting repeated. By the time T20 WC squad gets anniunced, we would have done enough rotating roulettes with the team composition. Remains to be seen who will be the Vijay Shankar equivalent for the T20 WC.

Gill is no match for Kohli in t20is' as of now,  also Virat's performance in the last two years proves that he is'nt washed out. Just a rough patch, also who told you that Kohli is 35? That's a baseless assumption.

Kohli has long left his t20 form,he has changed his style maybe due to age ,but his style of play hurts the side as he cannot compensate with late hitting

15 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli has long left his t20 form,he has changed his style maybe due to age ,but his style of play hurts the side as he cannot compensate with late hitting

I am not sure if this is true. 

The upcoming t20 series will tell us if he still has it. 

29 minutes ago, raki05 said:

That's what I said in T20 wc he deserve his spot but don't mix sr with rohit kind of batsmen as the impact is exponential. Recently rohit has become more consistent and his last 2-3 year sr is quite different than his early days.So rohit at present is quite different than he was.

Ok, lets settle this in the upcoming t20 series. 

The series will be a good indicator of Kohlis ability and whether he still has it or not 

32 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

its pure captaincy burdern....he is a very focused guy who being captain now has a lot in plate. I dnt see any issue with his game. This phase has come to every top batsman. 

As a captain he is trying to be the alone warrier which is now becoming his issue with batting n captaincy both. Takes all his captaincy diversion away and he ll be back to same. He needs to evolve a bit with his s/r but its not going to be tough for him. 

Can anyone tell me why Samson is rated so highly? Yes he looks attractive while playing shots but so do so many others. Has a pretty average domestic record and even in all IPLs he has played he blows hot and cold and has never deleivered a consistent season from start to finish. Don't see how he makes his way into the squad over the ones selected.