zen

Pujara's dedication to tests and team Ind

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ofcourse that's what I meant. It applies to everyone hence why I don't rate Aussies of 2000. They were the only fit team at the time and benefitted a lot due to home umpiring bias and no drs. 

Pujara would have done well regardless of the rule change. Smith was out early several times under new rules. 

Labuschagne wouldnt have crossed 30. 

India would have whipped their butts regardless whether the new drs rules were implemented or not. Pujara would have still contributed and helped India overcome the Aussie attack. 

All I said was Pujara may have gotten out slightly earlier in Gabba. Just a statement. So would the Aussie players who are even worse vs inswinging balls. 

Pujara was a standout batsman apart from pant in that series. 

All batsmen are not out per the rules period ... the purpose of my post was to drive the point that it is not wise to speculate based on old/new rules (an irrelevant discussion in the first place) 

After rebuilding in late 80s, Aus had been an improving test side, becoming the best in mid 90s by beating WI in WI, along with beating many teams at their home too (someone can even argue that they could have got more decision in their favor if under today's rule and may have won the 2001 series in Ind, whose umpiring was not always spot on) 

PS below are a few examples where DRS would have helped:

Edited by zen
5 hours ago, zen said:

All batsmen are not out per the rules period ... the purpose of my post was to drive the point that it is not wise to speculate based on old/new rules (an irrelevant discussion in the first place) 

After rebuilding in late 80s, Aus had been an improving test side, becoming the best in mid 90s by beating WI in WI, along with beating many teams at their home too (someone can even argue that they could have got more decision in their favor if under today's rule and may have won the 2001 series in Ind, whose umpiring was not always spot on) 

PS below are a few examples where DRS would have helped:

Aussies did the same in their home country though. They just competed vs Unfit teams in an era where there were virtually 2 teams that took fitness seriously. 

Real test was post 2010 ish. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Aussies did the same in their home country though. They just competed vs Unfit teams in an era where there were virtually 2 teams that took fitness seriously. 

Real test was post 2010 ish. 

It is getting comical ... 

5 hours ago, zen said:

It is getting comical ... 

I am not wrong. India were easily one of the most unfit sides in that period. So we're padosis. Most Asian teams. 

You had Australia, maybe staffers. That's it. Kiwis were mediocre. 

English were mediocre till about kid 2000. 

People have a terrible tendency to Overrate the past due to nostalgic reasons. 

I cringe when I look at the fodder bowling attacks Aussies took advantage of in that period. 

The one time they faced a half decent attack they drew in Australia. Apart from the old saffer bowling attack there is none that were effective enough on flat pitches of Australia. 

Edited by Jay