The Hundred - Thread

sage

41 minutes ago, YCCC said:

You have to be British to understand I think. No one from Sheffield or Bradford or Huddersfield or Barnsley or Hull or Middlesbrough would go and watch a team called Leeds!

I am British and I live in Yorkshire..

my point is at the end of the day a new franchise will not have any traditional history for people to have any sort of allegiance anyway.. it’s a different sport altogether so why should people from different towns in Yorkshire have any negative connotations of a Leeds team- it’s not logistically possible to play as Yorkshire because there already is a team in the Blast.

so by your logic people in Bolton, Blackburn, Liverpool don’t mind seeing Manchester as a team then? 

The whole mindset behind this is farce..

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I am British and I live in Yorkshire..

my point is at the end of the day a new franchise will not have any traditional history for people to have any sort of allegiance anyway.. it’s a different sport altogether so why should people from different towns in Yorkshire have any negative connotations of a Leeds team- it’s not logistically possible to play as Yorkshire because there already is a team in the Blast.

so by your logic people in Bolton, Blackburn, Liverpool don’t mind seeing Manchester as a team then? 

The whole mindset behind this is farce..

Maybe of the only sport they like is cricket they would go and watch “Leeds” but not many people here only like cricket and nothing else, rugby or football. Not sure if anyone from Liverpool will watch the Manchester team, but Liverpool isn’t really a traditional cricket city anyway.

Anyway, let’s just agree this is a farce and hope it doesn’t last!

Edited by YCCC
17 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone watching?

Can they not recaliberate and put the NRR, keep recalculating it based on 6 ball over, atmosphere seem fun though, might catch on. Graphics are horrendous.

Edited by Vivek92

The Hundred is still a T20 game basically with 16. 4 overs instead of 20 overs. Thats about it.

They are trying to make a already complex game more difficult to understand for a new audience.

I don't think players approach it any differently from a T20 game.

Ecb need to be careful 

There are reports of people getting drunk at games and causing fights...if it gets a reputation of a place to get smashed then its not good. 

I understand with t20 leagues the aim is to have a good time and party but you will not attract the families you seek. By all means drink and chill but be reasonable 

9 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Ecb need to be careful 

There are reports of people getting drunk at games and causing fights...if it gets a reputation of a place to get smashed then its not good. 

I understand with t20 leagues the aim is to have a good time and party but you will not attract the families you seek. By all means drink and chill but be reasonable 

That's the English mentality/disease to get hammered at any event or opportunity. 

Whole cities across Europe have been laid waste by English alcoholism and hooliganism. 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

classic case of British beurocracy and wokism.. how is a football team related to cricket? 

cricket is cricket and football is football :facepalm:This is why IPL is a success and the 100 is going to be a disaster. When no one has any loyalties to any new franchises anyway so why these historical elements are brought in 

Indian wannabe whites complaining about steps taken for anti racism and using phrases like woke. Name a better duo

I seriously don't  understand, do you guys consider yourself to be honorary whites or something?  Becuase believe me, they don't give a crap about you or respect you

There is a weird trend today of Indians whining about anti racism. measures everywhere. And these Indians are mocked all over the world and considered  modern day uncle Toms, wannabe whites 

From reddit to Twitter to YouTube and Facebook these Indians are the most mocked ones. Imagine being brown and victims of racism and whining about anti racism measures and always defending the racists 

Edited by New guy
5 minutes ago, New guy said:

Indian wannabe whites complaining about steps taken for anti racism and using phrases like woke. Name a better duo

I seriously don't  understand, do you guys consider yourself to be honorary whites or something?  Becuase believe me, they don't give a crap about you or respect you

There is a weird trend today of Indians whining about anti racism. measures everywhere. And these Indians are mocked all over the world and considered  modern day uncle Toms, wannabe whites 

From reddit to Twitter to YouTube and Facebook these Indians are the most mocked ones. Imagine being brown and victims of racism and whining about anti racism measures and always defending the racists 

Did I say anything about racism in my post? Or you just vomited a load of words without thinking?

im talking about modifying the rules or the game and giving the women version so much tv coverage alongside the men’s one. Don’t get me wrong- without any solid international stars this seems like a stupid project which makes no sense whatsoever. 99% of the players right now are English ones.. 

and funny you calling me a wannabe white :hysterical: I’m Probably more desi than you 

9 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Did I say anything about racism in my post? Or you just vomited a load of words without thinking?

im talking about modifying the rules or the game and giving the women version so much tv coverage alongside the men’s one. Don’t get me wrong- without any solid international stars this seems like a stupid project which makes no sense whatsoever. 99% of the players right now are English ones.. 

and funny you calling me a wannabe white :hysterical: I’m Probably more desi than you 

Yeah but its the same thing, anytime any measure is taken, against racism, for gender equality, for reducing any other inequality the same set of people have problems. And these people won't even be affected as they are living in a different country 

Heck indian women are playing in the 100 but not men so wouldn't this benefit them and shouldn't we be happy?

In the end all these anti racism or pro equality rules will only help Indians so I have no idea why so many indians are against them 

Using words like woke as an insult  while being a brown Indian has to be one of the saddest thing I see

Edited by New guy