The Hundred - Thread

sage

At the bottom. July is busy season for us with England series, zim series and Asia cup (if it happens). I doubt any serious cricket fans in England care about this abomination either. They got 5 tests with india to look forward to after the two test series with NZ. Fans who are extremely online might follow it for memes but that won't be much

35 minutes ago, Serpico said:

At the bottom. July is busy season for us with England series, zim series and Asia cup (if it happens). I doubt any serious cricket fans in England care about this abomination either. They got 5 tests with india to look forward to after the two test series with NZ. Fans who are extremely online might follow it for memes but that won't be much

All the main England players seem to be playing along with some strong foreign picks + I think lockdown will be lifted in July so might be underrated

13 hours ago, YCCC said:

Move this to “other sports”. Certainly doesn’t belong in the “cricket talk” section. Load of shite 

This might as well be another T20 blast... no international superstars playing... modifying the rules, going Pro max woke... a debacle in the making.

13 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

This might as well be another T20 blast... no international superstars playing... modifying the rules, going Pro max woke... a debacle in the making.

I love the Blast, love T20 but this Hundred is a marketing campaign, not a proper competition 

5 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I love the Blast, love T20 but this Hundred is a marketing campaign, not a proper competition 

I meant without the attraction of many international stars it might as well be another domestic t20 tourny.. atleast the Blast is proper cricket with proper rules as per standard. I mean why does changing the rules of the game would attract more kids/ethnicities in the first place?

Do correct me but English fans are not the same as Indian fans.. the english see a cricket match a day out to enjoy and enjoy pints and the weather.. doesnt matter who wins and loses.. so why do all drama. Just get more top players playing in the Blast.

18 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I meant without the attraction of many international stars it might as well be another domestic t20 tourny.. atleast the Blast is proper cricket with proper rules as per standard. I mean why does changing the rules of the game would attract more kids/ethnicities in the first place?

Do correct me but English fans are not the same as Indian fans.. the english see a cricket match a day out to enjoy and enjoy pints and the weather.. doesnt matter who wins and loses.. so why do all drama. Just get more top players playing in the Blast.

Well I and most county fans and members care deeply about the results of our counties (and indeed England) but generally that’s true, certainly compared to India. Agree about the need for more “stars” as well if they’re going to do it.

I think they’re making it about the event not the cricket, so pop stars performing, fireworks, promotions etc. So why not just do franchise T20 with all those extra attractions?

Edited by YCCC
9 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Well I and most county fans and members care deeply about the results of our counties (and indeed England) but generally that’s true, certainly compared to India. Agree about the need for more “stars” as well if they’re going to do it.

I think they’re making it about the event not the cricket, so pop stars performing, fireworks, promotions etc. So why not just do franchise T20 with all those extra attractions?

You might but you dont let it get to you and your personal life like indian fans do. Yeah even if Yorkshire or England loses in a match you wont be chest thumping in despair, you'd still enjoy the day out and the pint.

And they are trying to copy the IPL with the fireworks, cheerleaders etc.. but IPL has the tv audience and advertising revenue to attract top international stars.. sadly the ECB doesnt. 

On that note, never been to a T20 game. wouldnt mind going to a Leeds vs Manchester game just for bants

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You might but you dont let it get to you and your personal life like indian fans do. Yeah even if Yorkshire or England loses in a match you wont be chest thumping in despair, you'd still enjoy the day out and the pint.

And they are trying to copy the IPL with the fireworks, cheerleaders etc.. but IPL has the tv audience and advertising revenue to attract top international stars.. sadly the ECB doesnt. 

On that note, never been to a T20 game. wouldnt mind going to a Leeds vs Manchester game just for bants

Ahem Yorkshire v Lancashire if you don’t mind ;) They didn’t even call the Hundred team Leeds as they know it has too many negative connotations relating to the football club!

Its always a great atmosphere at those games tbf and usually a good game. When there’s a full crowd in its fantastic. Sadly not the case this year with Covid and what not 

Edited by YCCC
8 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Ahem Yorkshire v Lancashire if you don’t mind ;) They didn’t even call the Hundred team Leeds as they know it has too many negative connotations relating to the football club!

Its always a great atmosphere at those games tbf and usually a good game. When there’s a full crowd in its fantastic. Sadly not the case this year with Covid and what not 

classic case of British beurocracy and wokism.. how is a football team related to cricket? 

cricket is cricket and football is football :facepalm:This is why IPL is a success and the 100 is going to be a disaster. When no one has any loyalties to any new franchises anyway so why these historical elements are brought in 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

classic case of British beurocracy and wokism.. how is a football team related to cricket? 

cricket is cricket and football is football :facepalm:This is why IPL is a success and the 100 is going to be a disaster. When no one has any loyalties to any new franchises anyway so why these historical elements are brought in 

You have to be British to understand I think. No one from Sheffield or Bradford or Huddersfield or Barnsley or Hull or Middlesbrough would go and watch a team called Leeds!