Pujara is simply not good enough

sage

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Without Pujara’s innings, India may have won the Gabba test 30 overs earlier :giggle:

Yes, the only claim that the pitch was extremely hard to play on was by how Pujara played on it. No one else felt the need to take several bouncers on the body. Gill etc managed to play well

It's self-justifying. 

Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes, the only claim that the pitch was extremely hard to play on was by how Pujara played on it. No one else felt the need to take several bouncers on the body. Gill etc managed to play well

There was nothing dangerous about that pitch..  Except usual Gabba bounce.  Pujara's ultra slow reflexes made it look like a minefield.  All other Indian batters found it true &,  hit through the line with better timing & strokes.  

Pujara is our wall in tests and still is. However, I am disappointed to say that Kohli Pujara and Rahane, all three seem to be equally struggling against spinners when the three are supposed to be batting out overs after overs against spin

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Ya that's the most rubbish excuse i heard to hype up by some gullible fans... I mean a debutant bash those world class bowler as if he is 50 test vetran and a neglected and deject player by TM completely turned the tide and won a historic series which none of the legend in the past ever achieved .. and after all this you hear that pujara took body blow hence we won it's not  even fanboism it's saddstic obsession.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pujara gets extreme views from ppl- Some overrate him to much, some underrate him to much

He is a legend of Indian cricket, will always be remembered for guiding India to series victory in Aus for the first time. But he has been low key for far too long now. Someone pointed out he has not scored a 100 post that Aus tour. Not good enough for a top 3 batsman.

23 minutes ago, sage said:

It's self-justifying. 

Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> Why was it hard? ---> Look at the difficulties Pujara faced playing the ball ---> Therefore Pujara's knock was great because the conditions/pitch was hard ---> 

:hysterical:.....absolute genious.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He is a legend of Indian cricket, will always be remembered for guiding India to series victory in Aus for the first time. But he has been low key for far too long now. Someone pointed out he has not scored a 100 post that Aus tour. Not good enough for a top 3 batsman.

Well this phase comes with everyone.....ill be worried when his reflexes slow down. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well this phase comes with everyone.....ill be worried when his reflexes slow down. 

It's not ok for someone who plays only one format & stays for major part of the year. I think the fact that he stays away from intl cricket is catching up with him. Today commentators were talking about fundamental error in getting pads in front of bat. He needs to reassess & work on that. He has struggled against Leach throughout the series with repetitive errors. 

Ind should be grateful to Che for all his service, but it's clear that he is approaching the end of his career. Ditto Kohli. As for Rahane, he reminds me of Azhar at his worst (not his best) - scoring the odd pretty-looking 100 every now and then to retain place in the team.

^^^ does that moron Daniel know how many test , India has played and  what were the average scores in those tests. How do you quantify the effort of Pujara in Australian series. If he does not dig in in Sydney taking all those body blows, there is no Gabba glory.Even in that Gabba test he scored vital 50.

There is no need to replace Pujara for next 3 years atleast.He is doing just fine, what will happen if the replacement stinks and cannot even come close to Pujara's value.I was one of his harshest critic but he has done very since that Southampton test. He has not scored 100s but that also is a reflection the picthes India has played to some extent.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:40 PM, Lone Wolf said:

There was nothing dangerous about that pitch..  Except usual Gabba bounce.  Pujara's ultra slow reflexes made it look like a minefield.  All other Indian batters found it true &,  hit through the line with better timing & strokes.  

That's true lmao. Pant and Sundar played so easily. 

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's true lmao. Pant and Sundar played so easily. 

Pujara could play "easily" too but he was minimizing risk. From the horse's mouth -  Home > Sports Cheteshwar Pujara Reveals Why he Decided to Let the Ball Hit His Body in Brisbane

Pujara's knocks were relatively chanceless while others got some lives such as missed stumpings and catches dropped. The advantage of being an youngster is that there is relatively less pressure on you 

Edited by zen
17 minutes ago, zen said:

Pujara could play "easily" too but he was minimizing risk. From the horse's mouth -  Home > Sports Cheteshwar Pujara Reveals Why he Decided to Let the Ball Hit His Body in Brisbane

Pujara's knocks were relatively chanceless while others got some lives such as missed stumpings and catches dropped. The advantage of being an youngster is that there is relatively less pressure on you 

i love pujara. i rate him highly. But pant showed how easy it was to face aussies pace attack. pujara will always have a role to play for us overseas. i dont just look at averages. He blunts the ball and he does his job. shame, his ability vs spin has regressed. i hope its just him being exhausted. he used to be so good vs spin.

reflexes slowing? 

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

i love pujara. i rate him highly. But pant showed how easy it was to face aussies pace attack. pujara will always have a role to play for us overseas. i dont just look at averages. He blunts the ball and he does his job. shame, his ability vs spin has regressed. i hope its just him being exhausted. he used to be so good vs spin.

reflexes slowing? 

Pant is in better form atm (and received chances too - missed stumping, catches dropped iirc), while Pujara is not. The good thing about Pujara is that he is able to make an impact despite not at his best, playing relatively chanceless knocks. When Pujara was in his best form, he hit 500+ runs w/ 3 100s ... Their batting positions are different too 

Rare to find all batsmen in their respective top form in a given point in time. Those in best form have to make the series big like Pujara did in 2018/9 and look to make an impact too when they are not like Purara in 2020/1

Also Pujara only plays one format (no IPL too + other cricket due to pandemic) so came out to play international cricket without much competitive cricket. Therefore, he had to get match ready relatively quickly too

Edited by zen