Pujara is simply not good enough

sage

1 hour ago, zen said:

Pant is in better form atm (and received chances too - missed stumping, catches dropped iirc), while Pujara is not. The good thing about Pujara is that he is able to make an impact despite not at his best, playing relatively chanceless knocks. When Pujara was in his best form, he hit 500+ runs w/ 3 100s ... Their batting positions are different too 

Rare to find all batsmen in their respective top form in a given point in time. Those in best form have to make the series big like Pujara did in 2018/9 and look to make an impact too when they are not like Purara in 2020/1

Also Pujara only plays one format (no IPL too + other cricket due to pandemic) so came out to play international cricket without much competitive cricket. Therefore, he had to get match ready relatively quickly too

pujara looked like getting out several times vs lyon though. pujara got more lives i would say than pant. The catches that were dropped off pant were hard ones anyway. 

i agree pujara can make an impact regardless. He has struggled post 2018 vs spin for some reason. THis year maybe due to lack of test practice. I believe he can come back. Hopefully he does. 

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

pujara looked like getting out several times vs lyon though. pujara got more lives i would say than pant. The catches that were dropped off pant were hard ones anyway. 

i agree pujara can make an impact regardless. He has struggled post 2018 vs spin for some reason. THis year maybe due to lack of test practice. I believe he can come back. Hopefully he does. 

There is a difference b/w looked  like getting out and getting out much like looked like getting a wkt v getting a wkt (a perception many times as those following Tendulkar got a heart attack even when he was beaten thinking he could have got out) ... there is no comparison with actual chances offered ... also let’s not forget he played the most balls for Ind (and probably from both sides) ... You should see guys like Miandad bat, they score runs by hook or crook :lol: 

Edited by zen
23 minutes ago, zen said:

There is a difference b/w looked  like getting out and getting out much like looked like getting a wkt v getting a wkt (a perception many times as those following Tendulkar got a heart attack even when he was beaten thinking he could have got out) ... there is no comparison with actual chances offered ... also let’s not forget he played the most balls for Ind (and probably from both sides) ... You should see guys like Miandad bat, they score runs by hook or crook :lol: 

That's fair. Puji is an ATg for a reason. 

Figures don't do him justice. 

Just needs to regain his mojo vs spin. If this was 2018, Puji would have dispatched that takla leach and Bess back into the pavilion. 

TBf no Pakistani batsman was pariruxallru skilful. 

I did like watching inzi and Yohana. These two were brilliant in terms of technical skill. Youhana was poor vs pace though. 

Edited by Jay
5 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's fair. Puji is an ATg for a reason. 

Figures don't do him justice. 

Just needs to regain his mojo vs spin. If this was 2018, Puji would have dispatched that takla leach and Bess back into the pavilion. 

TBf no Pakistani batsman was pariruxallru skilful. 

I did like watching inzi and Yohana. These two were brilliant in terms of technical skill. Youhana was poor vs pace though. 

Take a look at Miandad batting (he will score runs irrespective of how it looks):