Now a ROAD for fourth test versus England

neel roy

16 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Typical cowardly response.

Totally expected.

By doing these we are 'admitting' that we indulged in 'theft' and will not do it again since our 'needs' our met.

Those needs will be 'unmet' with stupid captaincy, which RAT is adept at. We need a pitch that takes RAT's stupidity out of the equation.

We need a turner again that breaks from Day 3 onwards.

So that gives team winning the toss a huge advantage if pitch breaks from day 3. Rank turners are much better than such pitches. It didnt give advantage to England even when they won the toss.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

So that gives team winning the toss a huge advantage if pitch breaks from day 3. Rank turners are much better than such pitches. It didnt give advantage to England even when they won the toss.

Yes infact it did give them a chance to stay in the game. When Root got 5/8 the English twittersphere suddenly calmed down and everyone was hoping for a miracle win for the ages.. ( england ambush India in their own minefield kind of stuff) .. so it was fair for both teams..

21 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I am amazed how after thrashing the Aussies in their home fortress with a severely depleted side, we have suddenly lost confidence in our team's ability to beat a poor pom side on a normal Indian track. Such short-sighted vision undermining the team's ability for short term gains (WTC finals in this case) could prove to be disastrous for us in the long run.

IMO Chennai loss was not due to the pitch or toss. Our captain made terrible bowling changes on day one, had poor field placements, did not use the pacers properly (2 over spells), did not have alternate plans, we dropped catches and batted poorly. All those issues have been overlooked with dustbowls as the magic solution to all our problems.

Selection of no ball Nadeem too

If they make this pitch a road, England are in a strong chance to win it if they win toss and bat first.

I enjoyed the last match, I love when pitches spit,bite and turn. Living in Australia, I get tired of seeing every pitch when speed and bounce.

I will say this much, if there is a road, India deserve to lose the the chance to make it to the WTC Final.

We can get there if there is several grenades thrown on the pitch before Ball 1.

4 hours ago, neel roy said:

Tendulkar 60 perc tosses won. He should have done better IMO. ( think his two losses against saffers in india 2-0 where i guess he won both the tosses is a big blot)

He was usually playing with 8/9 men on India's side, a few of the fixers always featured in his side. Not to mention that 99-2k Aussie tour, if you think 36/9 was bad just imagine Brat having to endure that complete capitulation with a joke of a team. Of course you probably already know that & yet :om:

16 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That was a perfect demonstration of Kohli's insecurities. He was trying to show he too can do what Rahane did in Australia - pick players from the reserve list and show they are good enough. Does not absolve Nadeem for not being ready and grab the chance.

I think he had no Options other than to pick him as Axar got injured one day before. The other option was Kuldeep but then all three turning the ball in. They also didnt realise Nadeem will be so pathetic on that road of a pitch. Even in Eng second innings he was getting smashed..