What has happened to Mohammad Hafeez?

Autonomous

I remember in 2006-07 when ICL were recruiting foreign players with huge salaries when even Inzi, Imran Nazir and others went to play despite warnings from ICC & BCCI that they might be banned

Hafeez was out of Pak set up and refused to go and said he will work hard and only goal was to make his place in national team. All those ICL  Pak made good money and then didnt made back to Pak team. 

Hafeez good decisions and paying off now.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

"membaa CT17".

Man, how long are these folks going to live on that one off fluke.  Well, I guess beggars can't be choosers.

They have a weird cult like following of players based on these fluke wins. Amif is worshipped literally based on defending a score of 340+, a total never ever chased successfully in a big tournament final. No matter how bad he performs his defenders bring him taking 3 wickets when batsmen were hitting out blindly 

Meanwhile ishant sharma defended a total of 129 in 21 overs against mighty English batsmen in CT final yet was kicked out of Indian LOI team. Irfan Pathan,   sreesanth, yousuf Pathan  won multiple world cups for us yet we laugh at them and they were thrown out as soon as they lost form 

The thinking of the two nations is like chalk and cheese 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

They have a weird cult like following of players based on these fluke wins. Amif is worshipped literally based on defending a score of 340+, a total never ever chased successfully in a big tournament final. No matter how bad he performs his defenders bring him taking 3 wickets when batsmen were hitting out blindly 

Meanwhile ishant sharma defended a total of 129 in 21 overs against mighty English batsmen in CT final yet was kicked out of Indian LOI team. Irfan Pathan,   sreesanth, yousuf Pathan  won multiple world cups for us yet we laugh at them and they were thrown out as soon as they lost form 

The thinking of the two nations is like chalk and cheese 

Hafeez with his prima-donna me-first selfish attitude is cancer for a team - the guy has always been that way.  The sad part for Pakistan is that apart from Babar, Hafeez is the only batsman I have seen in last 5-8 years, who can have even a prayer of driving a fast bowler for 4 unless given a fulltoss or half-volley.  Rest of them were just terrible bats with major limitations and issues.  Hafeez is an older version of Ahmed Shehzad - a selfish player with limited skills who got disproportionate opportunities repeatedly, due to being in a team that didn't have too many alternatives.  

Its actually bad news for Pakistan that he's doing well, this means that he will be penciled in for the next T20 WC, where he's more likely to let them down against top opposition - minnow bashing in WC doesn't count in my books anyway.

Maybe ousting from test team did best for him, although he was never a test player.

All this good performances mean nothing if he wont do well in Wt20. And Pakistani team is plagued with selfishness and high headedness of players and coaches, Hafeez is just another selfish, pretentious AR. Infact, I'm yet to see any selfless team man from Pakistan. That Rizwan guy looks grounded so is that AR Faheem.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, Bigg Brother said:

Maybe ousting from test team did best for him, although he was never a test player.

All this good performances mean nothing if he wont do well in Wt20. And Pakistani team is plagued with selfishness and high headedness of players and coaches, Hafeez is just another selfish, pretentious AR. Infact, I'm yet to see any selfless team man from Pakistan. That Rizwan guy looks grounded so is that AR Faheem.

rizwan seems solid so far.