Virat Kohli - finished as a batsman?

R!TTER

On 9/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, Adamant said:

I just imagine what would have happened if forums like these existed during sachins time.
Virat kohli never had a big patch of bad form encompassing more than two three series OTOH sachin tendulkar had ATLEAST 10 patches like these.
It's just a small dip nothing else .

I am sure most posters on this forum are teens.

Sent from my RMX1992 using Tapatalk

They did! 

On 9/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, Adamant said:

I just imagine what would have happened if forums like these existed during sachins time.

Havent you heard of newspapers and the tag "End-ulkar" in TOI  ?

44 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

They did! 

+1 .. there were a lot of IRC chat rooms/rediff DG / old cricket boards back then which dissected every aspect

23 hours ago, gakgupta said:

This guy looks lot less selfish than Dhoni

But you never know....

They are all the same. Kohli will have learnt from Dhoni to keep playing.

It took a worldwide pandemic to basically end Dhoni's career. I have NO doubt he would have played in the T20I World Cup in Australia if there was no pandemic.

Even Tendulkar played for way too long and played selfishly for his records too.

I have no allegiance or bias to anyone.

9 hours ago, sarchasm said:

It's a mystery how the industrious and discriminating americans allowed these gandoo kannadigas in

Its a cutthroat business, and its called cutting a loss... even in industrious amrica, one doesnt invest 100s of crores on not winning. Its a big stakes game

Maybe cowboysfan merely hinted at Kohli's influence on the cricket scene of bangalore. You know what happened to Kumble and the local boy Rahul

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

They are all the same. Kohli will have learnt from Dhoni to keep playing.

It took a worldwide pandemic to basically end Dhoni's career. I have NO doubt he would have played in the T20I World Cup in Australia if there was no pandemic.

Even Tendulkar played for way too long and played selfishly for his records too.

I have no allegiance or bias to anyone.

Dhoni's was the most selfish retirement ever! Already declined, he milked an extra couple of years in the name of the 2019 WC. After the world cup he selfishly refused to announce retirement for a year, causing unnecessary media drama and putting pressure on the selectors and the new wicket keeper. He should have been given an ultimatum in 2015 itself to retire from all forms of cricket or resume playing test cricket. No player should be allowed to pick easier, more lucrative formats of the game while shunning the less glamorous long format. Players should be either all in or out altogether. 

Edited by nevada
1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

I respect those guyz ... who put indian cricket ahead of IPL...

If they truly believe in that, they should skip IPL. Showing up to play just in name only for the money is not cool. I have tremendous respect for guys like Warner, Bairstow, Butler etc who do justice to their salaries and give their best in IPL even though it is just club cricket. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Dhoni's was the most selfish retirement ever! Already declined, he milked an extra couple of years in the name of the 2019 WC. After the world cup he selfishly refused to announce retirement for a year, causing unnecessary media drama and putting pressure on the selectors and the new wicket keeper. He should have been given an ultimatum in 2015 itself to retire from all forms of cricket or resume playing test cricket. No player should be allowed to pick easier, more lucrative formats of the game while shunning the less glamorous long format. Players should be either all in or out altogether. 

Indian cricket lacks professionalism in that context. World Cup winning captain Steve Waugh was sidelined for Andrew Symonds in 2003 WC when Steve was desperate to have one last attempt at ODI cricket. This is called ruthlessness which leads to domination.

Indian cricket can only dream of such domination & will always remain middling due to ingrained culture.

19 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Indian cricket lacks professionalism in that context. World Cup winning captain Steve Waugh was sidelined for Andrew Symonds in 2003 WC when Steve was desperate to have one last attempt at ODI cricket. This is called ruthlessness which leads to domination.

Indian cricket can only dream of such domination & will always remain middling due to ingrained culture.

Meh, ponting hung on for 6 extra year despite not even averaging around 40 in any and averaging bellow/around 30 in most of those years 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Meh, ponting hung on for 6 extra year despite not even averaging around 40 in any and averaging bellow/around 30 in most of those years 

Ponting was dropped mid way through the ODI series. He didn't get to continue & play world cup under the garb of experience. Later that year he retired from Test cricket as well.

All those stats that you stated didn't matter as he was the best Australian batsman at that time and captain of a young Aus team post the departure of their greats.

Next time give it a thought before posting nonsense.

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

All those stats that you stated didn't matter as he was the best Australian batsman at that time and captain of a young Aus team post the departure of their greats

he was definitely not their best batsmen in his last 3 yrs of test cricket. clarke and hussey were better

should have retired after the home ashes defeat when he was sacked as the captain

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

he was definitely not their best batsmen in his last 3 yrs of test cricket. clarke and hussey were better

should have retired after the home ashes defeat when he was sacked as the captain

He played two more seasons thereafter out of which he scored loads of runs against India in 2011. The main issue of him continuing post Ashes defeat in 2010 was the lack of quality batsman in Australia setup. Aus selectors had no choice but to continue with him for some time.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Ponting was dropped mid way through the ODI series. He didn't get to continue & play world cup under the garb of experience. Later that year he retired from Test cricket as well.

All those stats that you stated didn't matter as he was the best Australian batsman at that time and captain of a young Aus team post the departure of their greats.

Next time give it a thought before posting nonsense.

so waiit sucking for 6 years in tests don't matter because of a bunch of excuses? Aussies take tests most seriously and no, he was nowhere near the best in any format

On the other hand we have players like kohli and rohit who swear playing alongside sachin is what helped them the most and helped them settle down in international cricket

As i have said before, indians suffer from a massive inferiority complex when it comes to white skin. So sachin over staying for one and half years after averaging 68 and 78 and 47 in 3 years before that is a big deal but ponting staying for 6 years despite never touching 50 in a year and averaging 30s in 4 out of 6 years is ok

Edited by New guy
19 hours ago, New guy said:

so waiit sucking for 6 years in tests don't matter because of a bunch of excuses? Aussies take tests most seriously and no, he was nowhere near the best in any format

On the other hand we have players like kohli and rohit who swear playing alongside sachin is what helped them the most and helped them settle down in international cricket

As i have said before, indians suffer from a massive inferiority complex when it comes to white skin. So sachin over staying for one and half years after averaging 68 and 78 and 47 in 3 years before that is a big deal but ponting staying for 6 years despite never touching 50 in a year and averaging 30s in 4 out of 6 years is ok

Ponting was given a long leash in tests to make sure he gets the centuries and runs record. In early 2007 he looked like he would easily do it but Tendulkar's form revival and his own decline prevented that from happening.