Virat Kohli - finished as a batsman?

R!TTER

No century in any format for past 2 years. No signifcant knocks either. It is hardly a matter of time that his test avg goes below 50. The other 3 in so called fab 4 have surpassed him by long margin.

Question of decline is out of window now. Real question is - at the age of 32, is he finished as a batsman?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

at the age of 32, is he finished as a batsman?

Depends, is he willing to let go of captaincy in any format? If not then yes - he'll probably have to retire by 2023. Now I'm saying he will have to - but we know the precedent set by Dhongi, so there's that.

5 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Depends, is he willing to let go of captaincy in any format? If not then yes - he'll probably have to retire by 2023. Now I'm saying he will have to - but we know the precedent set by Dhongi, so there's that.

agree.. giving up captaincy is the first step

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Lol...cant you see the difference in ego between Sachin and Kohli.

All his life, Sachin wanted to be the best batsman and everything else came as by product.

For Kohli, his brand and 100M insta followers is bigger.

Wait are you saying that being a top 3 batter in the world is a much lower priority for him ?

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Lol...cant you see the difference in ego between Sachin and Kohli.

All his life, Sachin wanted to be the best batsman and everything else came as by product.

For Kohli, his brand and 100M insta followers is bigger.

I dont think he is bigger than Sachin Dhoni interns of Craze popularity

15 minutes ago, ash said:

He is not 'out of form'. Just needs a big innings, he has been playing good knocks in between. Every batsman goes through a slump so let's back him now.

most of us want to back him.. but if he clinges on to captaincy and bossing in all spheres of life ( barring his home )  very difficult for him to regain his form.

2 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

most of us want to back him.. but if he clinges on to captaincy and bossing in all spheres of life ( barring his home )  very difficult for him to regain his form.

Decline in form will make things difficult for him to clinge on

4 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Barring his home? How do you know that and most importantly why the * do you care about that?