Virat Kohli - finished as a batsman?

R!TTER

19 minutes ago, ash said:

Barring his home? How do you know that and most importantly why the * do you care about that?

I said he may not be bossing his wife.. thats a good sign right.. respecting spouse.. we donno

20 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

he will.. he has seen how saurav and dhoni held on to it before him

Both palyed under different skippers. Lets not blame them for  Kohlis action. None gave away trophies for ego, none went on vacation. Aren’t other players in team who have wives and kids and family and personal life.

Edited by mishra

I agree with all those who say he isn't finished as a batsman but he is not scoring enough runs or kind of runs befitting one of the best batsman in the world. His last innings worth mentioning must be 100 in England tour. Just been a colossal failure on other big occasions. Rohit overshadowed him in 2019 WC

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I agree with all those who say he isn't finished as a batsman but he is not scoring enough runs or kind of runs befitting one of the best batsman in the world. His last innings worth mentioning must be 100 in England tour. Just been a colossal failure on other big occasions. Rohit overshadowed him in 2019 WC

Agree, He had brilliant English tour and Aussie series. But nothing mentionable since. And for me, those arr only two series of his career. Not many have achieved such feat but probably that little peried was his peak performance age. Only decline and decline since then

Virat in the upcoming WT20 will be up against it. The nature of the format has changed drastically since last time when he became player of the tournament. If along with captaincy, he has some batting horrors then there will be serious captaincy debate as the tournament is also India, otherwise no questions will be asked.

Virat has lots to lose or win in this event. The choker tag is picking up speed 

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Agree, He had brilliant English tour and Aussie series. But nothing mentionable since. And for me, those arr only two series of his career. Not many have achieved such feat but probably that little peried was his peak performance age. Only decline and decline since then

That Aus tour was Pujara through & through. Even Pant outscored Kohli, that was mid level performance from Virat, expect more from "great" batsman.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

That Aus tour was Pujara through & through. Even Pant outscored Kohli, that was mid level performance from Virat, expect more from "great" batsman.

I think he means 2014 series..  But that series was played on pancakes except that Brisbane pitch in 2nd test where he failed..  Worst pitches only for stat padding. 

Personally I am not that fussed about Kohli the captain....its his batting that I am worried about. Yes his captaincy sucks but as long as his bat does the talking it is acceptable. Mind you he didnt had a great 2019 WC either based on the standards he usually sets...so his bad form is brewing up for long time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Yes, creditworthy series for him .was confused with Pant in your reply. May be, i am getting too old

Edited by mishra
10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Personally I am not that fussed about Kohli the captain....its his batting that I am worried about. Yes his captaincy sucks but as long as his bat does the talking it is acceptable. Mind you he didnt had a great 2019 WC either based on the standards he usually sets...so his bad form is brewing up for long time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I knew he can't win important matches with his bat but the most worrying thing is he doesn't even win the toss in crucial ones, that's what i am most worried about. Lately he is been poor in everything.