Name your preferred Indian lineup for the WTC Final at Lords.

This is on the 18th of June. When do we tour Sri Lanka? In theory we'd need two separate squads. Hope Sri Lanka tour is called off

vs NZ:

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Pant, Ashwin, Shardul, Jasprit, Ishant , Siraj

Shami, Pandya, Jadeja, Rahul, Vihari, Sundar, Saha

vs SL

Dhawan, Kishan, Mayank, Iyer, Surya Kumar, Axar, Tewatia, Bhuvaneshwar, Natarajan, Saini, Kuldeep

Samson, Chakravarty, Chahal, Paddikal, P Krishna, D Chahar, N Rana

Edited by Sooda
8 minutes ago, Jay said:

our bowling is the best in the world lol. its not ok. it has literally carried all these passengers. they deserve additional bonuses. 

If it was the best in the world we wouldnt have been smashed so easily by NZ in NZ.

Our spinners are great, but there is a query about our pace attack.

Just now, Sooda said:

This is on the 18th of June. When do we tour Sri Lanka? In theory we'd need two separate squads. Hope Sri Lanka tour is called off

vs NZ:

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Pant, Ashwin, Bhuvaneshwar (fitness permitting), Jasprit, Ishant , Siraj

Shami, Shardul, Jadeja, Rahul, Vihari, Sundar, Saha

vs SL

Dhawan, Kishan, Mayank, Iyer, Surya Kumar, Axar, Tewatia, Chahar, Natarajan, Saini, Kuldeep

Samson, Chakravarty, Chahal, Paddikal, P Krishna

Send Kohli to Sri Lanka.

Hopefully the coronavirus can keep him there.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

But we need Kohli the batsman. Was in monster form in the last series in Eng and looked unmovable (with some luck going his way)

STOP.

PLEASE STOP.

That was years ago.

Kohli is pure decline mode. Its over. At best, we can hope for is quarter centuries by the little man.

21 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

If it was the best in the world we wouldnt have been smashed so easily by NZ in NZ.

Our spinners are great, but there is a query about our pace attack.

stats say our attack is the best in the world. our batsmen let us down more than bowling. besides we dint even play tour games before that series. ALso, we played short format games for practice prior to a major test series.

in asian conditions india's fast bowling is the best in the world at full strength.

as good as australia in bouncy wickets of saffers and australia.

only in swing department we are not as good as the kiwis. swing friendly pitches are where we struggle but thats cause bhuvi isnt available. but with the addition of siraj we are strong now on that front too. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

stats say our attack is the best in the world. our batsmen let us down more than bowling. besides we dint even play tour games before that series. ALso, we played short format games for practice prior to a major test series.

in asian conditions india's fast bowling is the best in the world at full strength.

as good as australia in bouncy wickets of saffers and australia.

only in swing department we are not as good as the kiwis. swing friendly pitches are where we struggle but thats cause bhuvi isnt available. but with the addition of siraj we are strong now on that front too. 

The Final is at Lords.

I would back NZ bowlers over ours. Thanks. Our spinners will be nullified at Lords.

Our pace attack in March 2021, is a concern. Bumrah is not the bowler he was. Umesh, Shami have not played in a long while. There is worrying signs.

You are in for a shock.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

The Final is at Lords.

I would back NZ bowlers over ours. Thanks. Our spinners will be nullified at Lords.

Our pace attack in March 2021, is a concern. Bumrah is not the bowler he was. Umesh, Shami have not played in a long while. There is worrying signs.

You are in for a shock.

like i said, at full strength whilst fully fit, indian attack is the best. Yes in lords kiwi attack is superior however with the addition of siraj our bowling is now strong again for those conditions. siraj ishant and bumrah is a good combo for those conditions. SHami is suited more for bouncy wickets not swing friendly tracks. 

jammu just has that novelty factor. he will get worked very soon just like he got exposed in t20. boult is a problem for our batsmen. every other team smash him except ours. most big teams anyway. even pakistan swatted him. with the addition of left handed players like pant, washy and jadeja, i think boult will have trouble now. 

n.z are favourites in those conditions but only if they win the toss. if india wins the toss, india should win. 

Axar's spin will not work. Jaddu for me. Plus he is a gun batsman now. I do not what Kulli, Pujara and Hahane have gone for me recently, but they will be in based on reputation. The WTC final and England series is going to be a totally different ballgame. Don't be surprised if India is thoroughly embarrased. This thumping win will give them a false sense of complacency.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

It will likely be a green pitch 

At the moment: 

Gill - will need to hit out if Rohit gets out early and dud pujara pitches a tent at the other end 

Rohit or Rahane - will need to hit out if gill gets out early and virtual opener pujara decides to pitch a tent at the other end 

Pujara (will probably be a virtual opener)

Kohli - lol you have pujara at the other end, you expect him to score?

Pant - Pujara bhai so raha hai toh mujhe toh maarna hi padega 

SDP - wait how did I get into the playing xi? Who’s gonna play with my kid and take pictures in the pool? 

Sundar 

Jadeja/Ashwin/Thakur 

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj 

Fixed it for you 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

It will likely be a green pitch 

At the moment: 

Gill

Rohit or Rahane 

Pujara (will probably be a virtual opener)

Kohli

Pant

SDP

Sundar

Jadeja/Ashwin/Thakur 

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj 

you know rahane will never be dropped for the final after aussie tour win. so sdp probably wont get a go which is a shame. 

i prefer thakur at 9. bat deep. have bumrah and siraj as opening bowlers. 

8 can be jaddu or ashwin. sundar at 7. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

you know rahane will never be dropped for the final after aussie tour win. so sdp probably wont get a go which is a shame. 

i prefer thakur at 9. bat deep. have bumrah and siraj as opening bowlers. 

8 can be jaddu or ashwin. sundar at 7. 

Yeah, some players will likely continue ... For the final, you want more clutch players (performances in Ind in certain conditions are not necessarily a guide)

For 9-11, you want the best bowlers for the conditions. If Thakur is bowling well (and can swing the ball), he can get in ... I would pick him more at #8, esp. if Ind goes in with 4 pace bowlers, with someone like Sundar or Jadeja at # 7 to bowl spin 

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, zen said:

Yeah, some players will likely continue ... For the final, you want more clutch players (performances in Ind in certain conditions are not necessarily a guide)

For 9-11, you want the best bowlers for the conditions. If Thakur is bowling well (and can swing the ball), he can get in ... I would pick him more at #8, esp. if Ind goes in with 4 pace bowlers, with someone like Sundar or Jadeja at # 7 to bowl spin 

either one yes. very difficult to pick as its a one off test rather than a proper 3 test series. 

i agree thakur at 8 is enticing. jaddu at 7. sundar sadly will miss out because of that little racoon rahane. 

or go ashwin and jadeja at 7 and 8. then strike bowlers in siraj bumrah and ishant or shami.