Name your preferred Indian lineup for the WTC Final at Lords.

As much as i like Gill ,i think if its swings having Rohit and Gill opening will be shooting own foot

Either Gill comes down or he isn't played

We already are going with three ridiculously out of form guys in Rahane,Kohli,Pujara add Gill,Rohit in seaming conditions it looks plain weak

Open with Clown or Rahane

Bat Gill down

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

As much as i like Gill ,i think if its swings having Rohit and Gill opening will be shooting own foot

Either Gill comes down or he isn't played

We already are going with three ridiculously out of form guys in Rahane,Kohli,Pujara add Gill,Rohit in seaming conditions it looks plain weak

Open with Clown or Rahane

Bat Gill down

If these guys were not so selfish at least the would protect players like Gill and Hitman, but they are. Point is moot.

Kohli should open with Rahane lol.

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

why would you want 3 spinners at Lords? Vihari demonstrated in Aus, he’s more compact in SENA. Agreed, that on form, Sundar is above the pecking order. 

Sundar is a batsman who can incidentally bowl. He must be considered as such.

And whether playing both Jadeja and Ashwin is feasible would depend on the pitch type.

Jadeja can bowl like Axar, bat like Sundar and field like nobody. He also has fond memories doing well with bat in the world cup vs NZ in the semi final.  Ashwin's place is the one that may come under microscope depending on the nature of the surface. But i would back him as he and Jaddu are equivalent to one proper batsman. That means Pandya has no place in the side.  Siraj is a must in English conditions. His length will be deadly there if we get swinging conditions. Bumrah is another guy. Ishant will be the third one. Personally Thakur can be deadly with his swing. But that won't happen.

With batting Indian middle order needs some changes. Gill down the order. Rahul as opener. Rahul did make a 100 ENgland. Rahane can take rest.

KL Rahul

Rohit

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Ishant/Thakur/Pandya

Siraj

Bumrah

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Pant .... LHB

6. Sundar ... LHB

7. Jadeja ... LHB

8. Shardul

9. Shami

10. Bumrah

11. Siraj

....  Batting till 8

.... 4 pacers

.... 2 fast bowlers and 2 swing bowlers

.... 2 spinners

.... 3 left handed batsmen.

Your 11 is better than mine, was tempted to add Shardul. I would definitely go with this. 

My team for the Finals...

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane (the way Kohli hugged him today, he’ll play)

Pant

Hardik

Axar/Jaddu (Toss)

Ashwin

ShamI/Bhumrah (whoever is fit)

Inshant

I’d rather have Bhumrah in place of Ishant but Ishu is mates of Kohli so he’ll play... 

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sundar is a batsman who can incidentally bowl. He must be considered as such.

And whether playing both Jadeja and Ashwin is feasible would depend on the pitch type.

Team will likely go with 5 bowlers 3 pacers + 2 spinners in Jaddu Ashwin..  Sundar has to be there imo..  Either open with him or put him at 3.  But unlikely to happen.  Vihari will also not make it to the final XI. 

8 minutes ago, asterix said:

My team for the Finals...

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane (the way Kohli hugged him today, he’ll play)

Pant

Hardik

Axar/Jaddu (Toss)

Ashwin

ShamI/Bhumrah (whoever is fit)

Inshant

I’d rather have Bhumrah in place of Ishant but Ishu is mates of Kohli so he’ll play... 

Its not your team surely? Its  the team you think Kohli will pick?

Complete difference.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I really hope Ishant and Bumrah pick up their bowling, its dropped a lot IMO.

Bumrah too. Hope he shows up big time at Lords. We would require 2-3 quick wickets up front from him. I think it would be a low scoring encounter and once again it will be between Kohli and KW. Kohli is in wretched form for quite some time now. Needs to work it out soon. 

15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I really hope Ishant and Bumrah pick up their bowling, its dropped a lot IMO.

yes, there's a distinctive diff. and shami will probably be super rusty too. would rather see shardul and siraj instead.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Ashwin and Jadeja are a must in every playing 11 home or away, they bring too much to the table to left out . 

Just a perception.

Jadeja has been much better than Ashwin with both ball and bat in SENA in the last leg of SENA tours starting 2018.

Bowling average ....

Jadeja. 26.5

Ashwin 30.0

Batting average ...

Jadeja    49.8

Ashwin. 18.2

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;spanmax1=06+Mar+2021;spanmin1=01+Jan+2018;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround

Just now, express bowling said:

Just a perception.

Jadeja has been much better than Ashwin with both ball and bat in SENA in the last leg of SENA tours starting 2018.

Bowling average ....

Jadeja. 26.5

Ashwin 30.0

Batting average ...

Jadeja    49.8

Ashwin. 18.2

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;spanmax1=06+Mar+2021;spanmin1=01+Jan+2018;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround

in fairness, however, 30 for a spinner in SENA is quite excellent. I think team selection would depend heavily on pitch. if it's somewhat flat and/or the conditions are not overcast, then two spinners should be okay. however, if it's quite green and/or overcast, I would play jaddu (with sundar as part-timer) and 4 pacers. pandya, thakur, siraj, bumrah/ishant/shami.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Just a perception.

Bowling average ....

Jadeja. 26.5

Ashwin 30.0

Batting average ...

Jadeja    49.8

Ashwin. 18.2

Ashwin has turned the corner , he has now the ability to pick wickets on any wicket. Jadeja as an allounder brings much more than any allrounder we have got. Three seamers are enough for one knockout test.Pandya can come in during England series.