Name your preferred Indian lineup for the WTC Final at Lords.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

Overcast conditions are excellent for swing. Wet conditions are not. Regardless, if Indians are switched on from ball one, they'll swat NZ aside. No contest.

Another issue is grass. If there is any , expect it to  have grown even more. Wicket me must get has to be made on non English soil. Even that will give problems even  if it becomes sunny. Five day test is only possible if someone puts some grass killer on top of pitch. Even then, ball will do tricks and may come slower after potching.

ICC would definitely want the final match to last 4.5 days plus. Plus it is being said that it may be sunny.

So, I expect a pitch and conditions which won't be too favourable to seam bowlers.

If this is the case then we would need 3 proper quick bowlers + Jaddu and Ashwin.

Bumrah

Siraj

Ishant / Shami

Jaddu

Ashwin

Shami comes in only if the pitch is quite flat and his skiddy pace is needed.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

ICC would definitely want the final match to last close to last 4.5 days plus. Plus it is being said that if may be sunny.

So, I expect a pitch and conditions which won't be too favourable to seam bowlers.

If this is the case then we would need 3 proper quick bowlers + Jaddu and Ashwin.

Bumrah

Siraj

Ishant / Shami

Jaddu

Ashwin

Shami comes in only if the pitch is quite flat and his skiddy pace is needed.

I understand the sentiment but ground reality so far is, This is wettest may we have had since records are being collected. Thats about a century old. It is cold and raining everyday. Feels like March. We havent had any sunny spell so far. Grass in fields are greenest we have ever seen. Its going to be tricky to make selection. We must be absolutely sure, We dont want to repeat what we did by selecting two spinners.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/ind-in-eng-2018-1119528/england-vs-india-2nd-test-1119550/full-scorecard

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I understand the sentiment but ground reality so far is, This is wettest may we have had since records are being collected. Thats about a century old. It is cold and raining everyday. Feels like March. We havent had any sunny spell so far. Grass in fields are greenest we have ever seen. Its going to be tricky to make selection. We must be absolutely sure, We dont want to repeat what we did by selecting two spinners.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/ind-in-eng-2018-1119528/england-vs-india-2nd-test-1119550/full-scorecard

If it is a seam friendly pitch or swing friendly condition then

Bumrah

Siraj

Ishant

Shardul

Jaddu

Shardul vs ashwin would be the toughest question whole england red ball series including wtc.  The kind of depth thats needed in england shud actually make both play. Ashwin is a such fighter n champion that ill never want him to be dropped in such scenarios. 

Matchups and conditions will play a huge role. If its seamer friendly ishant is a must for me in XI. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shardul vs ashwin would be the toughest question whole england red ball series including wtc.  The kind of depth thats needed in england shud actually make both play. Ashwin is a such fighter n champion that ill never want him to be dropped in such scenarios. 

Matchups and conditions will play a huge role. If its seamer friendly ishant is a must for me in XI. 

Newzealand has three lefthanded bats in Latham, Conway and Nicholls and Ashwin is brilliant against them, according to me we should definitely go with Ashwin. Also he can easily score 20 odd runs with the bat too. 

On 5/18/2021 at 7:14 PM, mishra said:

Heat wave is expected around mid june, also please watch Pakistan's tour of eng last year, the series was a high scoring one 

Edited by Adamant
17 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Newzealand has three lefthanded bats in Latham, Conway and Nicholls and Ashwin is brilliant against them, according to me we should definitely go with Ashwin. Also he can easily score 20 odd runs with the bat too. 

they might also play santner 

55 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

is CDGH in their squad ?? HE can be very handy in those conditions with ball 

I think he is in the squad.  Both Mitchell & CDG are competing for that A/R spot.  If Rose bowl is drier its possible that Ravindra might play ahead of these guys & Santner or Ajaz will get a shot as well.