Name your preferred Indian lineup for the WTC Final at Lords.

17 hours ago, R!TTER said:

What are you talking about :cantstop:

Loopholes in BCCI's arrangement of IPL 2021

BCCI is largely run by career politicians or bureaucrats, apna kaam chalta bhaad me jaye :nevermind:

I wouldn't be as harsh. They tried to make things in exceptional circumstances and failed at the first hurdle of inter city travel, which was always fraught with risks. Easier option would have been not to have IPL at all

3 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Its just not possible that All of Rohit, Virat, Rahane will not play the match. So batting order is more or less decided up to no.6. The real decision is from spot 7 to 10. Bumrah is fixed at 11. I see Jadeja as more or less fixed too with his all round abilities including the fielding part.  basically 3 spots that will be decided on match day. Shami, Thakur, Ishant, Sundar, Axar and Ashwin all have a chance to make up the 3 bowlers batting at 8 to 10.

I prefer both Jadeja and Ashwin so that we have batting as well as proper 5 bowlers.  Axar misses out to both of them and even Sundar does not find a spot. If Sundar plays then someone else misses out. Same with Vihari as he will push a bowler out. I don't like the idea of 4 bowlers to accommodate Vihari for the heck of it. 

Rohit 

Gill 

Pujara

Virat

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin 

Shami

Siraj

Bumrah

Squad

-------

Mayank << Backup Opener

Vihari  << Middle order Backup 

Rahul  << Middle order Backup, plus wicketkeeping backup

Sundar << Backup Batting All rounder

Thakur << Backup Bowling All rounder

Ishant Sharma << Backup fast bowler

No point taking more than 17 people but if they take 20.

Prithvi Shaw

Axar Patel

Another fast bowler (Prasidh/Avesh)

I ll take Ishant Sharma anyday. Absolute masterclass bowler he has become.. even in ipl he was zipping around in first spell. With his angle he is the best option against left handed batsmen.. ask Alistair cook. I remember when Ishant got 300 wickets in the ind eng series Cook joked in the lunch session show that half of those wickets are mine.. rest of the squad looks fine

5 hours ago, neel roy said:

I ll take Ishant Sharma anyday. Absolute masterclass bowler he has become.. even in ipl he was zipping around in first spell. With his angle he is the best option against left handed batsmen.. ask Alistair cook. I remember when Ishant got 300 wickets in the ind eng series Cook joked in the lunch session show that half of those wickets are mine.. rest of the squad looks fine

ishant bumrah siraj is perfect for swing conditions. I hear even bumrah prefers duke ball. he says its way better than sg ball. 

also i believe sundar should play ahead of rahane but i know it wont happen. having 2 lefties will trouble england a lot. good jadeja is there. 

Edited by Jay
On 5/5/2021 at 10:55 PM, express bowling said:

Bhuvi doesn't have the fitness to play tests any more. The last test he played was in early 2018 ... 40 months ago.

I am not aware of even any FC matches that he has played in this time.

Siraj is in such form that he should be our 2nd pacer after Bumrah.

For me, it is a toss up between Shami and Ishant for the 3td pacer's slot.

You got that right regarding Bhuvi's fitness in long form given the context of his injuries and time off from longer form of game.

But I still doubt that Shami would not be preferred over Siraj. Imo the toss up will be between Siraj and Ishant.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:52 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • If hardik isnt bowling take Vijay shankar, If hardik is bowling then also take vijay shankar with pandya. Also make sure to take Deepak chahar if not in main squad then as net bowler. 
  • Dont take Umesh yadav, Axar patel for home game performances 
  • Take a 20 member squad (coz england tour is also there)
  • Evaluate shaw n mayank technical issues and take a hard call if it hasnt improved. If u still take them with flaws fire ur selectors 
  • Keep Easwaran in mind
  • Dont take saini, take thakur
  • Dont take Umesh, take Siraj
  • Dont take Kuldeep....Washi, Ashwin, Jadeja are enough . We aint going to spinner land

Please get over Vijay Shankar, he isn't international class player. 

Shami should not be in playing eleven.Batting line up select themselves.Ashwin and Jadeja should play along with Siraj, Bumrah and Ishant. Siraj might be the most important bowler for this team on this tour.He should open the bowling with Ishant with Bumrah coming as first change bowler.

On 3/6/2021 at 3:26 PM, SRT100 said:

In SENA conditions this is mine and also the one that takes into consideration certain players will NOT be dropped but could be potentially on form.

Gill

Hitman

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jaddu

Sundar/Ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj/Ishant/Umesh

• Mayank Agarwal
  • Rohit Sharma
  • Pujara
  • Kohli
  • Gill
  • Pant
  • Jaddu/AShwin
  • Shardul
  • Shammi
  • Bumrah
  • Siraj.

I will prefer this team, i am not saying that this team will be selected.

Rahane's Best days are History, he can be benched.  Gill is too good a player to be benched and He plays Spin and Pace equally well and scores at a good Pace.

Mayank did have a chink in his technique but I am sure he has Sorted that Out already. Mayank has a stamina of a horse as he did long jogging. his TEST opening records are still the Best any INdian opener has had in Tests specifically playing outside INDIA. 

Mayank deserves his position at the top and gill should go own to number 5.

in english green Pitch , even one Spinner is a Luxary so playing 2 spinners and then under bowling them is not the right decision. Jaddu is a better batsman and Ashwin is a better bowler, I am tempted to play ASHWIN ahead of JADDU but jaddu is also the Best fielder so I am good with any.

Shardul has done enough to show that he can bat a bit and on his day can score a 30 to 40 quick runs which can be vital as our openers mayank and pujara would block a lot of balls and may get out and then our mid order and all rounders have to score the runs..our top order will block a lot ( mayank and Pujara) ..kohli gill and pant have to score quickly and if they dont then jaddu and shardul will have no choice left but to score 50"s and both seem to be capable. Rest will score 0 to 10 runs individually.

R Sharma

C Pujara

S Gill

V Kohli

A Rahane

R Pant

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

I Sharma

M Shami

J Bumrah

Rather have Pujara opening than Gill as Pujara likely to see off the new ball.

India's success in reaching the Test final has been largely dependent on the experienced bowling line up, they deserve to play in the final. M Siraj/A Patel can come in some of the test matches Vs England later in the summer.

1 hour ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

R Sharma

C Pujara

S Gill

V Kohli

A Rahane

R Pant

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

I Sharma

M Shami

J Bumrah

Rather have Pujara opening than Gill as Pujara likely to see off the new ball.

India's success in reaching the Test final has been largely dependent on the experienced bowling line up, they deserve to play in the final. M Siraj/A Patel can come in some of the test matches Vs England later in the summer.

Experience or not. Performances matter. If a younger player performed better he deserves to play. 

Hearing Southampton has got some pace & bounce this county season.  But spin has played its role as well.  I guess since ICC will prepare this pitch best to have both Ashwin & Jaddu playing this game. 

Rose bowl might also be the only ground in England where Shami can actually do well.  On Current form Siraj deserves to play but even if Kohli benches him won't be too costly. 

Shami vs Siraj debate might settle in Intra squad game if that happens before final. 

4 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

I'll start with 5 bowlers..

Shami

Siraj/Thakur - Siraj if it is a flat pitch, else Thakur who can add some batting power

Bumra

Ashwin

Jadeja

Keeper - Pant

Opener: 

Gill

Rohit

Middle order:

Pujara

Kohli 

Rahane

I'd promote Pant ahead of Rahane at 5. 

No need of both Ashwin and Jadeja. Our batting fails in UK, need 6 batsman, or have Sundar/Shardul to bolster batting while serving part-time bowling needs. Or have Vihari to help cover top order failures. It will most likely be a pitch that will last 5 days, so slow batters and good pace bowlers are a must.