THE FUTURE OF INDIAN CRICKET 20 YEARS FROM NOW IN THE 2040s.

would much rather see ind diversify in sports rather than sticking to this extremely restricted sport played by 4-5 competitive teams. I love cricket, but there's no doubting the fact that it's very niche compared to football. even hockey has broader competition on the world stage (from oceania, europe & south america).

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

would much rather see ind diversify in sports rather than sticking to this extremely restricted sport played by 4-5 competitive teams. I love cricket, but there's no doubting the fact that it's very niche compared to football. even hockey has broader competition on the world stage (from oceania, europe & south america).

I would be confident in here in saying that cricket is the number one sport that over 99% of supporters on here follow.

For me its not. It Aussie Rules Footy. I would rather see my team win the Final than India. That in itself tells you my diversity.

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I agree.

However my reason is not because out of arrogance or confidence, it just makes absolute marketing sense to field two India teams.

Any guy here under 30 years of age can see this, Im sure. You need to have the foresight. Much like how the IPL was developed.

I think the T20I will become like a proper tournament  all year round with finals.

Damn imagine 3 ipls in a year? Holy cow. The mullah? 

Average player will probably make 1 - 2 mil. Top players close to 7 plus million. 

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

The other issue with your argument is that in NZ not even 5 million play cricket. Most of them play Rugby so your point is moot.

There is easily 100 million kids that play cricket?

Not first class cricket. Barely any can afford to play first class cricket bro.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Damn imagine 3 ipls in a year? Holy cow. The mullah? 

Average player will probably make 1 - 2 mil. Top players close to 7 plus million. 

Sorry what I was referring to is that I think the future of T20I will be like a tournament over the course of a year, where each game is played for points. The two best teams play off in a final.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Not first class cricket. Barely any can afford to play first class cricket bro.

Give it time, if T20 cricket is one way in which many kids living in poverty can find a way out, then the BCCI needs to do whatever it takes to achieve this.

India having two international T20 teams would be great for the game overall. I know most are against it, but T20 is the future and I can see this realistically happening.

26 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Give it time, if T20 cricket is one way in which many kids living in poverty can find a way out, then the BCCI needs to do whatever it takes to achieve this.

India having two international T20 teams would be great for the game overall. I know most are against it, but T20 is the future and I can see this realistically happening.

Absolutely. T29 sure.

New concepts should NOT be shot down.

It may or may not be good.

But we should keep open minds and be ready to consider the pros and cons. 

2 Indian sides need not necessarily play against each other.

Another Indian side playing 3 match test series or ODI series with Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or Ireland will only help the cricket of those countries and cricket in general. Their boards will make more money which will in turn help develop their cricket infrastructure.

If we wait for our first team to play the weaker countries, it will be only 1 test per 5 or 6 years and will not help anyone.

It will also encourage the 30 odd next in line high quality cricketers who often wait their whole lives to get a India Cap but never succeed.

Every strong country can have their A-teams playing international matches against weaker teams. 

On 3/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, express bowling said:

New concepts should NOT be shot down.

It may or may not be good.

But we should keep open minds and be ready to consider the pros and cons. 

2 Indian sides need not necessarily play against each other.

Another Indian side playing 3 match test series or ODI series with Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or Ireland will only help the cricket of those countries and cricket in general. Their boards will make more money which will in turn help develop their cricket infrastructure.

If we wait for our first team to play the weaker countries, it will be only 1 test per 5 or 6 years and will not help anyone.

It will also encourage the 30 odd next in line high quality cricketers who often wait their whole lives to get a India Cap but never succeed.

Every strong country can have their A-teams playing international matches against weaker teams. 

India fielding potentially an alternative side for the Asian Cup could be the beginning of what I was trying to suggest in the OP.

India tour England and yet play in the Asia Cup simultaneously.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, Jay said:

billion people but billion people dont play cricket. average indian cant afford to play first class cricket. 

new zealanders can afford to do so. 

huge population with limited resources is worse than small population with huge resources. India is doing very well for itself. 

yeah but thats the point. india will have a gdp growth rate of 6-7% over the next 30 years. and the pool will only grow larger.

so the resources wont be limited any longer.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

India fielding potentially an alternative side for the Asian Cup could be the beginning of what I was trying to suggest in the OP.

India tour England and yet play in the Asia Cup simultaneously.

exactly.

by 2050 i see a 24-32 team 4-5 month ipl.

and multiple indian teams playing matches simultaneously the rest of the year.

also maybe a smaller odi and test ipl.

india at 2050 will have very decent living standards. not west european or american. but similar to russian or argentinian. just first world ie.

mind you 1.6 billion with those living standards means that the top 300-400 million will have livign standards comparable to the us, europe, japan etc.

2 hours ago, deathmonger said:

india at 2050 will have very decent living standards. not west european or american. but similar to russian or argentinian. just first world ie.

mind you 1.6 billion with those living standards means that the top 300-400 million will have livign standards comparable to the us, europe, japan etc.

PWC 2050 projections, India around $25K per capita  GDP per person, forecasts | Economic & financial indicators | The Economist

56 minutes ago, sage said:

PWC 2050 projections, India around $25K per capita  GDP per person, forecasts | Economic & financial indicators | The Economist

PPP around $25k, nominal around $10-12k. similar to where russia is now. ofc with 11 times more people. And Russia are a very respectable sporting power.

Top 300-400 million (top 25%) should be at $40-45k ppp which is pure first world (uk, france etc).

Edited by deathmonger
2 hours ago, deathmonger said:

PPP around $25k, nominal around $10-12k. similar to where russia is now. ofc with 11 times more people. And Russia are a very respectable sporting power.

Top 300-400 million (top 25%) should be at $40-45k ppp which is pure first world (uk, france etc).

UK, France now, yes. but they'll all be much higher per capita by then

42 minutes ago, sage said:

UK, France now, yes. but they'll all be much higher per capita by then

yeah point is with current uk, france. current uk france are very comfortable places to live in and produces extremely good sporting talent.

the number of people we will have with those living conditions in 2050 will be around 5 times their population so plenty of good sporting talent will follow from that pool.

plus another 1.2 billion with varying levels of income will also contribute greatly.

5 hours ago, sage said:

Plagiarism :protest:

Not at all.

I never saw this.

In any case, its not the point I am raising. You are suggesting sending two teams for two different tournaments at the same time.

I am suggesting that India will be in a position in the 2040s to have full competent teams recognized and playing globally.