If Ravi ashwin isnt selected for Next t20 Wc, it ll be a blunder

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

At times looking to deep into stats is of no use

Ashwin did well last ipl - I need an offie to counter those lefties- Skill wise Ashwin can do that job better then Sundar- Classic example is avl last ipl when he setup pooran

The whole idea i said in regds to even Axar was u need to see opposition n find someone who can exploit them better, ashwin is the guy whom u want to counter those lefties. IPL stats arent much help coz every player does diff role for his team. If going by to much IPL stats dhawan wud replace rahul on last season. 

That's contradictory.

You used last IPL performance by Ashwin to add more weight to your post..I only explained how Ashwin wasn't even among the best spinners in last IPL, others performed much better.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That's contradictory.

You used last IPL performance by Ashwin to add more weight to your post..I only explained how Ashwin wasn't even among the best spinners in last IPL, others performed much better.

yea coz he did well in IPL thats what matters . Comparing him to others is pointless coz i want his skills which others dnt give me. If i want mystery spinner why shud i compare Varun.C to other spinnner...i want his skills so see if he has done well and select him. I want skills not his numbers

I need him and to confirm i just need to see did he do well thats all that matters. Why shud i compare him with bunch of leggies and other offies which do diff roles for their teams. 

I Need him so i shud see his performance , if he didnt do well i wud have had the doubt

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
49 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea coz he did well in IPL thats what matters . Comparing him to others is pointless coz i want his skills which others dnt give me. If i want mystery spinner why shud i compare Varun.C to other spinnner...i want his skills so see if he has done well and select him. I want skills not his numbers

I need him and to confirm i just need to see did he do well thats all that matters. Why shud i compare him with bunch of leggies and other offies which do diff roles for their teams. 

I Need him so i shud see his performance , if he didnt do well i wud have had the doubt

Can't get what you are saying. Stats are important but wait no they are not that important..Maybe I do not understand cricket as well as you do. So ending it here. 

28 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Can't get what you are saying. Stats are important but wait no they are not that important..Maybe I do not understand cricket as well as you do. So ending it here. 

to put it in simple words i need certain skills which can be performed by a certain player so ill look how he is performing , comparing him to others is irrelevant coz im selecting him for a role that others cant do . 

I need an off spinner who can nullify Eng, WI teams left handers - so comparing him to leggies is irrelevant

Now comes sundar vs ashwin- Sundar bowls wkt to wkt line which gives - u hit i miss result (that also means he can be hit) whereas ashwin can square them up n extract more mist hits. Anyways skill wise sundar isnt half a bowler as ashiwn. Ashwin as bowlers is miles ahead then sundar and stats of IPL dnt show that but thats why stats are irrelevent beyond a point. As even this yr IPL stats showed dhawan stats better then Rahul (reason players do diff roles for their IPL franchises vs Indian team) . Same thing i explained with Axar vs nadeem- its the skill set that Axar has and nadeem doesnt and same Ashwin skill set as bowler is different then Sundar. I need ashwin bowling skill set so i just need to see his form not others.  Comparing 2 ppl stats without looking teams needs is lazy analysis which anyone can do. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

But you are missing one point. Sundar is coming in place of SIR. So, SIR needs to be replaced by someone who can bat well and tonk a few.

Sundar is a more proper replacement for SIR than Ashwin although Sundar's hitting skills are still unproven but he is certainly better than Ash.

First spinner will be either VC or Yuzi.

Just now, Majestic said:

But you are missing one point. Sundar is coming in place of SIR. So, SIR needs to be replaced by someone who can bat well and tonk a few.

Sundar is a more proper replacement for SIR than Ashwin although Sundar's hitting skills are still unproven but he is certainly better than Ash.

First spinner will be either VC or Yuzi.

They all are not like for like player

Jadeja replacement shud be Krunal or Axar even tewatia

Sundar shud play only when u want batting and someone who can turn away from left hander

Ashwin will play as bowler only in place of bowler not all rounder

High time matchups shud be understood

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They all are not like for like player

Jadeja replacement shud be Krunal or Axar even tewatia

Sundar shud play only when u want batting and someone who can turn away from left hander

Ashwin will play as bowler only in place of bowler not all rounder

High time matchups shud be understood

I will say exactly what Virat said. You suggest where should Ashwin play and what will be the team composition then? What will be the XI?

Just now, Majestic said:

I will say exactly what Virat said. You suggest where should Ashwin play and what will be the team composition then? What will be the XI?

If an opposition has to many lefties i wnt mind dropping Chahal, coz ppl forget ashwin bowls well at right handers to. Anyways then ur 2nd all rounder spinner who mostly will be jaddu will come in play or even tewatia . t20 is about flexibilty and matchups. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

And with hardik bowling now 2 seamers + hardik can be played. 

Three spinners will be asking for trouble. There will be dew in evening and guys like Russell, Pollard, Pooran and even other teams can really clobber the spinners for plenty of runs.

19 minutes ago, King6 said:

Funny thing is Ashwin played 6 matches against wi and 5 matches against england in t20is. He taken just 5 wickets in those 11 matches

thats why ppl shud study before making such 

When did ashwin play against england mostly 2011-12 and how many lefties did england had then

Check the amount of right handers WI had - samuels, simmons, russell and post 2016 his form was also dodgy

is his form same?? 

Sticking to same old crap that never works and finding reason to not do something new is the reason we sucked. 

Didnt ashwin fool pooran last IPL or changed the game for CSK by nullyfing gayle factor. Arent those WI batsman .

If such logic were stuck of past he shudnt have even done well on aus tour

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats why ppl shud study before making such 

When did ashwin play against england mostly 2011-12 and how many lefties did england had then

Check the amount of right handers WI had - samuels, simmons, russell and post 2016 his form was also dodgy

is his form same?? 

Sticking to same old crap that never works and finding reason to not do something new is the reason we sucked. 

Didnt ashwin fool pooran last IPL or changed the game for CSK by nullyfing gayle factor. Arent those WI batsman .

If such logic were stuck of past he shudnt have even done well on aus tour

Depends on this year Ashwin ipl performance.