Crimes Against Dalit or Caste - Keeping track

ash

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Does this qualify ? Or should we apply your blinders 

When u do such a thing, it's whataboutism. 

When the other side mentions caste problems in the discussion of religious conflict, it's intellectualism.

17 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Does this qualify ? Or should we apply your blinders 

I thought rules were established at start of thread...Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains are exempt from attacking Dalits and being categorised as caste crime...well Jains depends on the context...

Pls put tour shades back on and move on.

....Hamdullah. 

4 hours ago, chewy said:

I thought rules were established at start of thread...Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains are exempt from attacking Dalits and being categorised as caste crime...well Jains depends on the context...

Pls put tour shades back on and move on.

....Hamdullah. 

Headlines on a national newspaper on the said incident. Look at careful chosen verbiage 

ExFdSPhUYAUvXWV?format=jpg&name=medium

After he lost his father a few years ago, the burden of being the breadwinner for the family fell on 24-year-old Dinkar Waghmare. The boy and his mother, 50-year-old Chandrakala, lived in a semi constructed house that his father left behind for them at the Hasanabad village in Jalna district of Maharashtra. It was just a two-room house in a small plot of land with no electricity connection, but it was their own and since the mother and son could not afford to pay rent anywhere else, they conditioned themselves to live in it. They had only basic water supply and sanitation but what they had in abundance was caste friction. Dinkar’s house was surrounded by houses belonging to ‘upper’ caste families, including those from the dominant Maratha community, and the neighbours have often demanded that the Dalit family move out of the area. However, Dinakar and his mother stayed on. Dinkar worked at a factory in the nearby Bhokardan town where several others from his Scheduled Caste Matang community worked. It was a tough life of a factory worker and he would start work by 9 AM and finish only by 8 PM. Long working shifts was the only way he could earn enough money to make ends meet. Despite living a tough life, he is a cheerful and chatty young man who was inspired by the dream of social equality; the vision of the man who drafted the Indian Constitution, Dr.Babashaeb Ambedkar. Hasanabad is an economically backward village of Maharashtra with a population of around 6,000 and Dinkar hoped that with his hard work and own house he could help carve a decent life for himself and his mother. Caste divisions are so pronounced in this area that the dominant castes only interact with the Dalits when they want them to work on their agricultural fields or shops. The Marathas own most of the land and money-lending business. Other castes like Lohars are mainly focussed on farming. The Dalits, mainly from the Matang community, work as labourers in the fields and factories. Even the shop that distributed ration in the village is owned by the dominant castes and the Dalits have to wait till the other castes are given their supplies to access their basic ration. These are issues Dinkar and his mother endured, like all other Dalits. The Maratha caste Madekar family which lives next to Dinkar’s house had been trying to encroach into Dinkar’s housing plot by making some temporary constructions. Chandrakala noticed the encroachment and politely requested the Madekars to not encroach on her land, but they refused to listen. With only 3 graduates from the community, the Dalits do not have the social and political mobilisation to challenge the castes in the village and Dinkar’s case is testimony to their plight.

The encroachment began getting worse during the nationwide lockdown and the Madekars began  abusing  Chandrakala  on the 6th of July. Knowing that any direct confrontation with the Madekars could lead to violence and further casteist abuse, Dinkar went   to the village Sarpanch, who is also an ‘upper’ caste, with his problem. But the Sarpanch refused to even meet the Dalit boy. justice. He filed an FIR at the local police station on the 7th of July. This was not the first case of caste abuse that  Dinkar  and  Chandrakala  have   experienced. Another Maratha in the locality Anand When Dinkar returned home he saw 40-year-old  Gajanan  and  his  60-yearold  mother  Sumanbai  Dagdoba  Madekar verbally  abusing  his  mother  Chandrakala. Dinkar came to defend his mother and demanded that the Madekars stop the verbal  abuse.  Like in most such caste atrocities, the verbal abuse soon turned into a physical assault.  The  dominant  Marathas  could  not tolerate that a Dalit family would stand up to them and stop them from encroaching. Gajanan hit Dinkar on the head and the young man fell on the ground. Hearing the commotion several neighbours in the area rushed in and that’s the only reason the physical assault came to an end.   Even as the neighbours were physically restraining  Gajanan,  he  threated  Dinkar and said, “Just wait, I will kill you”. A bleeding Dinkar could not even be   taken to hospital as the lockdown was   in full force and there were no vehicles   outside. Fortunately, the he survived the injury and lived to tell his tale and fight for Gadekar had encroached into an open land belonging to the village Panchayat and that blocked the entry into Dinkar’s house. While Dinkar had to take a longer path to his home because of the   encroachment, no one, including the   village  panchayat,  questioned  it.

7 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

OP agenda seems to be failing

What agenda ? Are you saying Dalits are marginalized in this country only by Non Hindus? Are all upper caste Hindus not guilty?

So what if Muslims are doing it, does it make all UC Hindus not guilty?

I have said multiple times, this thread is to highlight the Dalit issues but immediately UC Hindus get defensive and bring in cases involving Muslims. Why?? That is the real agenda

Edited by ash

More testimonials 

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/muslim-mob-attack-dalit-basti-over-interfaith-marriage

She says Sumit is 22 and is still a student. He does odd-jobs to supplement the family’s income.

She says Sumit and Khushi met about three years ago. “When they expressed their wish to get married, I met her family. But they insulted me saying we are a family of “choohras” and “bhangis”. I returned after listening to their abuses. I told my son to stay away from her,” says Rajni.”

M

Edited by coffee_rules

Lol. Just shows that this forum is an echo chamber of Right wing nuts and casteiests. As soon as I started this, UC Hindus just got defensive . 4 different accounts started posting about Muslims:hysterical: 

If they have some brain, they can understand a simple logic. Let's say Muslims have more hatred on Dalits than normal Hindus like you claim, then the main questions is who taught them that? :phehe:

What made the Muslims treat Dalits different from.other Hindus? Simple logic is they learnt it from UC Hindus:facepalm:

But yeah, go ahead . Defend all you want

Lol. Just shows that this forum is an echo chamber of Right wing nuts and casteiests. As soon as I started this, UC Hindus just got defensive . 4 different accounts started posting about Muslims:hysterical: 

If they have some brain, they can understand a simple logic. Let's say Muslims have more hatred on Dalits than normal Hindus like you claim, then the main questions is who taught them that? :phehe:
What made the Muslims treat Dalits different from.other Hindus? Simple logic is they learnt it from UC Hindus:facepalm:

Ignore them, mate. They are making it sound like those Muslims have special hate for dalits. Those muslims would treat all hindus the same. I am sure they hate hindus of all castes equally.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, nikred said:

Ignore them, mate. They are making it sound like those Muslims have special hate for dalits. Those muslims would treat all hindus the same. I am sure they hate hindus of all castes equally.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

Lol. If you feel that Muslims hate Hindus of all castes equally, go ahead and create a new thread. In fact there are already many threads on this discussing the Hindu hatred.

This thread is about Dalits. If you are trying to project that Muslims hate Dalits more, then the obvious question is why? 

18 hours ago, ash said:

Casteist ? Prove that members of this forum support caste hierarchy by advocating the same. Either that or ur the liar. 

The casteist seems to be u since u want to be targetting certain set of people and blame them even when the perpetrator is someone else. 

2 hours ago, ash said:

Lol. If you feel that Muslims hate Hindus of all castes equally, go ahead and create a new thread. In fact there are already many threads on this discussing the Hindu hatred.

This thread is about Dalits. If you are trying to project that Muslims hate Dalits more, then the obvious question is why? 

Reminds of me first time in TN. I never realized my caste till I went to TN. It is rooted in caste mindset especially when you have a differing viewpoint. 

So apparently UC hindoos have the leverage to indoctrinate muslims in madrassas about lower caste. 

5 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Reminds of me first time in TN. I never realized my caste till I went to TN. It is rooted in caste mindset especially when you have a differing viewpoint. 

So apparently UC hindoos have the leverage to indoctrinate muslims in madrassas about lower caste. 

Lol. nice try genius. As if Bringing TN is going to rile me up. TN is also filled with casteiests. I will post more articles about the gounders, vanniyars and devars. Every state is filled with caste morons, it is a disease throughout the country.

And your second "joke",  the values are carried over even after converting, caste is a cancer in the society. That is why Christians carry caste even after converting. Again logic will fly over your brain, needs common sense to understand