Pick your playing XI for T20Is vs England

46 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This has to be most sensible PC by RAT ever..  He knows our T20 team has issues so that's a good thing he acknowledged that.  

Overall only so called Indian experts are confused about KL & Shikhar rest of the world including TM know who is clearly better.  

16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

This has to be most sensible PC by RAT ever..  He knows our T20 team has issues so that's a good thing he acknowledged that.  

Overall only so called Indian experts are confused about KL & Shikhar rest of the world including TM know who is clearly better.  

It only took them a decade and a half to realize this though, the last time a t20 world cup rolled in they were playing Rahane, still have similar SR players like Iyer and Dhawan in the squad, lets see how many chances the explosive newcomers get

1. Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY/Iyer

6. Hardik

7. Axar

8. Shardul

9. Sundar

10. Bhuvi

11. Saini

Havent seen much of David Malan, will be an interesting English 11 where everyone in the side can bat to save their lives

27 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

he only makes sense till he is winnings once he looses a game he goes in panic mode

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

It only took them a decade and a half to realize this though, the last time a t20 world cup rolled in they were playing Rahane, still have similar SR players like Iyer and Dhawan in the squad, lets see how many chances the explosive newcomers get

Rahane was brought coz Dhawan had completely screwed us..  And this happened in both 14 & 16 T20WC makes it even more funny.  Thala fans here have no excuse as well for that blunder.  

I just hope we never get to see Dhawan again in T20 team.  He is a waste of a spot in T20 squad. 

1 Jason Roy, 2 Jos Buttler (wk), 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Jonny Bairstow, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Eoin Morgan (capt), 7 Moeen Ali, 8 Sam Curran, 9 Chris Jordan, 10 Jofra Archer/Mark Wood, 11 Adil Rashid

Rashid is batting at 11 here, though we don't need to be this extreme, hope we bat at least till 9

26 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

samson can be easily picked ahead of iyer n Dhawan...waste of 2 slots

Dhawan is a proven opener and a left handed option.. But mostly he will be phased out anyway in the next year or so. 

At the moment, Shaw and Paddikal are ahead of Samson in the reckoning. Samson needs to have a seriously good IPL to breakthrough 

5 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Dhawan is a proven opener and a left handed option..

Proven in t20:giggle:...........................correction proven failure

5 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

But mostly he will be phased out anyway in the next year or so. 

At the moment, Shaw and Paddikal are ahead of Samson in the reckoning. Samson needs to have a seriously good IPL to breakthrough 

If u cant give samson a fair run then how will u give it to others

27 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rahane was brought coz Dhawan had completely screwed us..  And this happened in both 14 & 16 T20WC makes it even more funny.  Thala fans here have no excuse as well for that blunder.  

I just hope we never get to see Dhawan again in T20 team.  He is a waste of a spot in T20 squad. 

Same goes for Manish Pandey, lets not forget MSK Prasad's role in all this the worst selector in Indian Cricket history.

If we play 3 pacers:  Shardul Bhuvi Saini Sundar Chahal —-  we bat till 9 with Bhuvi at 9. 

If we play 2 Pacers with Hardik to bowl —- Shardul Bhuvi Axar Sundar Chahal. So the team will bat till 10 with Bhuvi at 10. 

Hardiks bowling is crucial. My t20 wc team

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

SKY/ Iyer

Pant

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Nattu/ Shami/ Sundar

Chahal / Tewatia

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Playing 11. (  keeping in mind that big names won't get dropped in reality  )

1. Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY

6. Hardik

7. Axar

8. Shardul

9. Sundar

10. Bhuvi

11. Saini

.... Natarajan is injured and unlikely to play.

.... Batting till 9

.... Big hitters from 4 to 8

.... 6 bowling options.

Im surprised no one liked your playing XI.

Defintiely the one I liked and stood out. I dont know much at all about SKY. But like what I have heard.

Players 1-6 can win us the match on their own, all bona fide match winners.

Axar, Sundar Shardul for the batting collapse, but I dont see them taking us home if there is massive batting collapse.

Bhuvi and Saini - no comment.

Bowling -Saini Bhuvi, Shardul, Pandya, Axar, Sundar.

Pandya must bowl 2 overs every match, regardless to get him prepared for the WC. Even if it costs India the game.

Also It will be curious how Pant operates at no 5..  Previously he mistimed most of his strokes & looked ungainly.  I hope they give him clear indicator about what they want with him.  No 5 is a very critical position.  He will bash spin easily & has improved strike rotation.  Having someone like SKY at no 4 can be ideal for him who will ease any kind of pressure from him..  Like he did with Kishan in IPl. 

Good thing is Manish Pandey is gone &,  only Iyer atm is remaining who doesn't bats with a T20 mindset. 

With the style of game that Pant plays, I would have thought him playing in the first 6 overs would have been perfect.

England shitted themselves in the tests and placed many fielders on the rope for smarty Pant. Not the case in the first 6 overs in a T20.

My preferred batting lineup would be:

1. Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Pant

4. Kohli

5. SKY

6. Hardik

7. Axar

8. Shardul

9. Sundar

10. Bhuvi

11. Saini

This way Kohli has big hitters all around him and he can anchor an innings.