Who is India's next captain ? Yes the answer is "nobody"

SK_IH

18 hours ago, putrevus said:

The question needs to be asked has any player cemented himself as a core member. You can blame Kohli all you want but Dhoni had Kohli who cemented himself as core player.Dhoni also had Rohit Sharma what happened to him. I still think Rohit Sharma one bad series away from being dropped as test batsman.

It is like Pakistanis blaming Akram for lack of fast bowlers after him. Imran Khan had talented Akram under him but it does mean he was reason for Akram's greatness.  Akram had the talent which is the most important thing.It is not always captains or TM's fault.Players also have to perform when given the opportunities.

Who are the great talented players who have been shortchanged in last five years??

Well I can name many like KL Rahul, Pant, Iyer etc but I ll be reiterating myself. You gotta be absolutely naive to not think Virat has mishandled many careers so far. He is the epitome of illogical & non-planned moves.

He is the same guy who brought in Yuvi in 2017 as soon as he became the LOI captain & then dumped him after 6-7 months. Similarly brought in Raina in 2018 for few months, before dumping him.

In between all this he had Iyer play at 4 for 1 series, before giving that spot to phoney Rahane for two series.

Meanwhile Rahul still doesn't know what is his role in side, opener? middle order bat? wk bat?

He had been playing musical chairs with Pant till about last Australian tour.

You have the audacity of asking whether any player has cemented the spot in lineup. Well have many been given that privilege by this stupid TM led by Virat. India is brimming with talent, someone with an iota of knowledge on managing the talent & building a side will sustain India's domination in world cricket. 

Edited by SK_IH
23 hours ago, putrevus said:

The question needs to be asked has any player cemented himself as a core member. You can blame Kohli all you want but Dhoni had Kohli who cemented himself as core player.Dhoni also had Rohit Sharma what happened to him. I still think Rohit Sharma one bad series away from being dropped as test batsman.

It is like Pakistanis blaming Akram for lack of fast bowlers after him. Imran Khan had talented Akram under him but it does mean he was reason for Akram's greatness.  Akram had the talent which is the most important thing.It is not always captains or TM's fault.Players also have to perform when given the opportunities.

Who are the great talented players who have been shortchanged in last five years??

The youngsters who showed Kohli his true aukaat in the team in Australia after he left. Those youngsters have done something which will ALWAYS rankle the genius. The same set of players for whose success, Kohli is now trying to take credit for.

Amazing to see how shameless these Kohli cheerleaders can be. They abuse our youngsters just to justify the buffoonery we see from our genius captain. 

4 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Anushka

Her daughter.

She played a pivotal role in India beating Australia in the Test series.

Make no mistake if she was not born, the chain the reaction of Kohli staying with the Indian team and captaining them to a series loss was going to happen.

Rohit in T20s in immediate future, then depending on fitness/form/results he can lead us in 2023 WC. Not just good for the team but also Kohli the batsman. 

Let Kohli continue in tests for now, take a call depending on results in Eng, RSA. As good as skipper Rahane is, I don't think he has a guaranteed place in the XI. Same with Ashwin who isn't a sure starter in SENA tests, so for now persist with Kohli. 

Long term (mid-late 2020s) I think KLR, Pandya are white ball options though BCCI may choose Iyer (@Suhaan :phehe:). And I like whatever I have seen in Sundar till now, maybe future test captain, who knows? Bumrah is another one but I doubt we'll see a frontline quick as captain anytime soon. Shaw has destroyed his shot courtesy attitude and that doping violation, Gill and Pant will be in the race towards the end of this decade. 

Edited by Gollum