Jump to content
Global.Baba

Time to move on from Baggage Bhuvaneshwar?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Joker Vikrant was saying India has no chance in WC...  And said India needed to give Umran a longer run.   These chomus were saying earlier he is not ready, dogla pan at its height.   Indian think tank,  analysts are clearly out of their depth when it comes to fast bowling. 

 

Not only fast bowling,they are clueless about modern LOI cricket as well

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Not defending Bhuvi-Harshal here. But the wicket which Umesh got was pure fluke. Anyone who watched the game live would agree with me.    I get your point though.  It's better to lose with younger fast bowlers having sheer pace than the usual 'good for nothing' trundlers...

it comes up as fluke because he leaked runs like most others, but the wickets weren't fluke. 

 

Smith was attempting back paddle something he had already scored off, Umesh was wise this time and followed smith, he was caught in an awkward position and nicked. 

 

Maxwell was done by the bounce.

 

With the pace of Bhuvi & Harshal, their slower balls on flat tracks have no impact. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

Rohit and TM is smart..with Buvi's so called LEGACY..they cant drop him easily..so they are trying to expose him by giving him 19th overs regularly..and getting smacked everywhere..so they can easily drop him..lol..:phehe:

Which legacy are you talking about, he doesnt even have a fan base. No one will raise any questions if Bhuvi is dropped.

 

 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, nevada said:

Any other country would have given more chances to a bowler like Umran Malik. He may not be a finished product but in every game he has the potential to surprise the batsmen with unplayable quick deliveries. But we shunned him like the plague and gave full support to trundler brigade. 

That is why i have appealed to bowlers like him,Tyagi,Sen,Mavi, Hangerakar etc to look for countries like SA,AUS,ENG,NZ

This way their youth won't go wasted

Link to comment
1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bhai, Bhuvi does have fan base. For his fans he is a unique combination of swing king, death over expertise with an economy of 6.xx in Australia T20's while Bumrah has 8.xx.

 

 

 

There was an article that was publised 2 or 3 years back about the best death bowlers in IPL history. Bhuvi was somewhere at the top. That was the period when he was attempting yorkers in death. After that he wasn't the same anymore. He became the new ball specialist.  If i remember right Bhuvi wasn't doing the death bowling.  First of all SRH chased 11 out of 14 times. So they didn't have many chances to defend totals. In the other 3 occasions. 

 

SRH had to defend total 3 times.  Out of the three in only one match Bhuvi bowled 19th over. He bowled a 19th over maiden. Don't be shocked. it was Jasprit Bumrah that was facing him.  Rohit was the opposing captain. Hope that was not the reason why Rohit gave him 3 back to back 19th overs. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

 

There was an article that was publised 2 or 3 years back about the best death bowlers in IPL history. Bhuvi was somewhere at the top. That was the period when he was attempting yorkers in death. After that he wasn't the same anymore. He became the new ball specialist.  If i remember right Bhuvi wasn't doing the death bowling.  First of all SRH chased 11 out of 14 times. So they didn't have many chances to defend totals. In the other 3 occasions. 

 

SRH had to defend total 3 times.  Out of the three in only one match Bhuvi bowled 19th over. He bowled a 19th over maiden. Don't be shocked. it was Jasprit Bumrah that was facing him.  Rohit was the opposing captain. Hope that was not the reason why Rohit gave him 3 back to back 19th overs. 

 

 

 

 

I think Bhuvi, Harshal will do decently once a fit and in form Bumrah will be at the other end.

Bumrah has the reputation and skill due to which the batters go defensive against him and try to attack other bowlers.

 

Bhuvi mostly tries to stay away from the batters arc, batters will have no choice but to go behind him hard, and there his variations can play a role.

 

Chahal used to do the same when he was playing with in form Kuldeep. He used to feed off the pressure created by him.

 

Likes of Harshal, Bhuvi, Chahal aren't your leaders of attack. At Max, they can be the assistant who would perform in an odd match here and there depending upon the situations around him.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Axar at 7

Chahar at 8

Tyagi at 9

Bumrah at 10

Siraj at 11 or mohsin or kuldeep

 

Deep batting. Bowling is good. Tyagi can smash.

If it's T20's, I think we can rest Bumrah for bilaterals. He is more useful in Tests and will not burn him in useless T20's and ODI's. He should only be played couple of series before the major tournaments of each format to get in Zone.

 

Personally for me 

T20's 

Axar, Chahar, Tyagi, Mohsin, Kuldeep (backup Umran, Prasidh)

 

ODI's

Axar, Chahar, Tyagi, Prasidh, Kuldeep (backup Mohsin, Umran)

 

Tests

Jadeja, Rajvardhan, Siraj, Shami, Bumrah (backup Tyagi, Prasidh)

 

This is for SENA countries. We also should try to restrict our bowlers to play at Max 2 formats and not all 3.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

If it's T20's, I think we can rest Bumrah for bilaterals. He is more useful in Tests and will not burn him in useless T20's and ODI's. He should only be played couple of series before the major tournaments of each format to get in Zone.

 

Personally for me 

T20's 

Axar, Chahar, Tyagi, Mohsin, Kuldeep (backup Umran, Prasidh)

 

ODI's

Axar, Chahar, Tyagi, Prasidh, Kuldeep (backup Mohsin, Umran)

 

Tests

Jadeja, Rajvardhan, Siraj, Shami, Bumrah (backup Tyagi, Prasidh)

 

This is for SENA countries. We also should try to restrict our bowlers to play at Max 2 formats and not all 3.

Agreed. Excellent choices. Too bad it won't happen unfortunately. But you are right. Atleast for once we picked some bowlers with pace and bounce in the inida A games for loi.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agreed. Excellent choices. Too bad it won't happen unfortunately. But you are right. Atleast for once we picked some bowlers with pace and bounce in the inida A games for loi.

Yeah, our selectors are outdated and have no understanding of how the modern game is played. Heck our champion batters are still playing T20's as extended ODI while other teams are going bang bang from ball one.
If not for Pandya's heroics, we won't even reach 180.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yeah, our selectors are outdated and have no understanding of how the modern game is played. Heck our champion batters are still playing T20's as extended ODI while other teams are going bang bang from ball one.
If not for Pandya's heroics, we won't even reach 180.

Think we should just use reserve fast bowlers for t20. Unleash guys like kuldeep umran tyagi etc. Rest all big names. Maybe have one exprience guy like siraj there. Mohsin etc all can rotate for t20. 

 

Keep main squad bowlers like bum shami siraj(can do t20) prasidh (tests) for the odi and test format etc. Slowly add the reserve ones to the main team.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...