This is how it's done - The "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT MUMBAI !" thread

Predator_05

It is utterly incomprehensible how they manage to orchestrate this epic choke job against a part time off spinner. There is no stability in the line up There are no real roles for any one. Warne has assigned the role "demolition man" to Yousuf. He has been doing it perfectly. In Mumbai nobody knows what they are doing. All Bravo had to do was sticking with Duminy. Not surprising considering two south african players are coaching this team. A renowned chokers.

What the hell is wrong with Bravo? Things were going fine till he decided to gift his wicket away. Saurabh Tiwari is a ch****. He's been making money off Mumbai for two seasons now without a single significant performance to his credit. He should be packed off straight to jharkhand. Nayar, as has been noted above, is a slogger. A poor man's Yusuf Pathan, if you will. Can't really blame Harbhajan for his dismissal -- he's a part timer and that's exactly the way he bats. Duminy's dismissal was somewhat freaky - Rohit and Deccan got lucky there. Mumbai needs some urgent middle order surgery if they are to pull this campaign together. I was an ardent supporter of Sachin/Jaya as openers, but all theories have been blown out of the water by this performance. They will have to take a long hard look at themselves and be more flexible in terms of tactics. To take positives out of this shocker, one finds that Duminy once again showed his class and temperament, Pinal Shah showed that he can be a clever bat, and Dhawal and Raje bowled reasonably well. Mumbai should take these positives and build around these for the rest of their games. I still remain hopeful - Mumbai pulled things back amazingly well last year and won 6 in a row.

arre bhaiya.. in 20/20 everyone is demolition man.. but MI needs to correct their batting line up.. we lost jaya and srt right away twice in a row..
Mumbai was within striking distance when Rohit came on to bowl. I wonder what would have happened if Yusuf pathan faced that over from Rohit. Match would have been over in the next over. Nayar is very inconsistent. If he wants to compete with other youngsters he needs to show maturity at all situations. Hitting 3 sixes off Flintoff in one match and getting bowled by Rohit sharma in another match is not going to do any good for him. I am glad that Rohit is coming along nicely. Only worry is he did that in the last year also. But once he started playing for India he showed so much inconsistency. Hope he carries this form into future. RP singh what a sensational delivery that was to dismiss Tendulkar. Any time a win is achieved through Indian youngsters we should be happy.

I am glad that Rohit is coming along nicely. Only worry is he did that in the last year also. But once he started playing for India he showed so much inconsistency. Hope he carries this form into future.
I believe that Rohit excels when the team is reliant on him. He's quite a cool customer, and seems to revel under pressure. His performances in the CB series in Australia [where he helped India win a game with Tendulkar], his fighting century in the Ranji Trophy final this year, and his efforts in the final ODI in New Zealand when the whole side had crumbled on a green pitch bear testimony to this fact. In the IPL, he is a "senior" member of his side, and last year too, he had a disproportionate amount of burden on his shoulders with the big names in the side not firing. This makes him very special indeed, for not only is he extremely talented, but seems to have that addtional "x-factor" that should help him excel on the big stage. I think he'll do very well for India if Dhoni shows enough trust in him to send him at number 3 in ODIs when Sachin isn't playing [and thus, Gambhir and Sehwag are opening]. Rohit isn't really the sort of guy who'll immediately get going at number 6, but if some added responsibility is placed on him and he gets the chance to get his eye in, then he can make most bowlers look very ordinary.

Mumbai was within striking distance when Rohit came on to bowl. I wonder what would have happened if Yusuf pathan faced that over from Rohit. Match would have been over in the next over. Nayar is very inconsistent. If he wants to compete with other youngsters he needs to show maturity at all situations. Hitting 3 sixes off Flintoff in one match and getting bowled by Rohit sharma in another match is not going to do any good for him.
Yousuf Pathan doesn't play for Mumbai, he plays for Rajastan Royals. As for Rohit Sharma, he has all the traits of replacing Rahul Dravid. Tight technique, man for the hour and ability to strike the ball long and hard. He will come good in the long run. Even Rahul Dravid and Ganguly were highly inconsistent in the first couple of years in ODIs. It's a shame Rohit Sharma hasn't an opportunity to show case his skills in test cricket yet. ODIs are a hit and miss so are the Twenty20s. The true quality of a player is measure in test cricket. I hope Rohit Sharma gets a hit in test cricket, he's definitely marked for special achievements.

Mumbai chokes far too much despite having some all time greats in the line up. Rightfully I didn't predict them to make the semis. I hope I'm wrong considering some of the better players come from MI.

WHY didnt Mumbai get Sharma instead of that good for nothing dhawan..we really dont have any proper middle order, what else we gonna do except choke but on the flipside, great to see another mumbai'ite do good

Dhawan was good last edition. But he has been failing in first class matches as well. I really thought he would come of age after last edition of IPL. But he has been on the downslide since. Having said that 148 was perfectly chasable. They didn't plan the chase very well.

WHY didnt Mumbai get Sharma instead of that good for nothing dhawan..we really dont have any proper middle order, what else we gonna do except choke but on the flipside, great to see another mumbai'ite do good
Sharma wasn't exactly playing all that great before IPL started.

what will happen to mumbai when sachin and jaya retire from IPL?
They will get someone else. I don't think superstar theory doesn't work in T20. Take Royals. There are no real superstars. A good opening batsman up the order and a terminator who can come in any time and knock the stuff out of you. That's all they have. Look at Punjab's XI. They have accomplished international players at some level. What happened. Two teams that met in the finals last year had the best captains. Good captains work with what they have and do it with finesse. Have a good captain(ROyals/CSK) or have a team full of inform players(Delhi).

but his roots are from AP and his mother tounge is telugu :winky: