Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

Who is the Most Overrated current Indian player on this forum ??  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

• Kuldeep yadav
    • Ravi ashwin
    • KL rahul
    • Hardik Pandya
    • Sir Jadeja
    • Navdeep saini
    • Shreyas Iyer
    • Bhuvi
    • Rishabh pant
    • Mayank aggarwal
    • Pujara
    • Rohit sharma
    • Siraj
    • Sundar

23 minutes ago, neel roy said:

KL rahul hands down. Only one innings till date in difficult conditions which suits bowlers. Bangalore 2017. All other matches i repeat every one of them ( i have pored through his stats in terms of his score and score of team and opposition and conditions) has been on flat tracks or good batting tracks. 

haha, i've read something around "Kohli is jealous of him and hence doesn't want him to take the #3 slot" on ICF 

56 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I will go for Shikhar Dhawan, his name is not in tbe list though. But he is inconsistent, rarely plays a top innings in a difficult circumstance (have forgotten last time he played it). There are some flashes of brilliance at times but those are in flat tracks and limited to consider him a dependable match winner.

In ODI he is underrated actually and in test and t20 no one rates him apart from 1 here

Pandya is a match winner. He could fail in between but he’ll always try to win matches for you in any format by his batting, bowling, fielding or combination of all three. He’s no mental blockages etc. 

I’ve selected KL Rahul as the most overhyped player as very rarely you see him winning matches on his own, for India. He’s a mental issue too. What’s going on in his mind screws up his batting. Nothing exceptional on field too. Doesn’t bowls. 

Many people have voted for Pandya but he’ll out perform mental midget KLR easily on any day.

Talking strictly from ICFs POV I think Vijay Shankar was quite overrated here, OP himself had high regards for him but somehow excluded him from the List :p:.

My definition of Overrated would be limited talent, but high expectations. So I ll strictly stick to that. All the players listed in the OP are highly talented, just that some don't have the mental strength to take it to the next Level. 2 examples I ll give from the list KL Rahul maybe as talented or more talented than Rohit Sharma, but not able to make it big due to Mental Issues, on the other hand Rohit Sharma had a similar beginning to his career with allot of hit and miss innings, lose shots, etc but perseverance from TM and especially then skipper Dhoni has allowed him to scale the heights he has reached. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

So according to you Vijay Shankar > Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul etc, since he doesnt make it to the list of your Overrated player's.:phehe:

the reason he doesnt make it to the list is coz i n @Gollum only rate him, 1-2 ppl rating doesnt make it to the list or else kohli the captain n dhawan the t20 player wud have made the list 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

the reason he doesnt make it to the list is coz i n @Gollum only rate him, 1-2 ppl rating doesnt make it to the list or else kohli the captain n dhawan the t20 player wud have made the list 

Then you are over rating Vijay Shankar my friend :icflove:. Btw you have basically put out an entire squad of 15 and asked who's overrated, out of the 15 there's no one who is currently overrated here. People just have their own likes and dislikes. 

Edited by Sean Bradley

Pandya is underutilized actually which makes him overrated. 

England for example went with Stokes as the 2nd seamer and he did well in the 4th test. Now I know there will be stats manipulated to show Pandya is a better bowler than Stokes during a certain planetary moment but the fact is Pandya doesn’t give that confidence yet or the team management doesn’t want to take that punt.

In every other game Stokes bats at 4-5, which means he is playing as a main bat.

Jadeja is the no.1 spinner so his batting is a bonus.

Shakib is the no.1-no.2 bat and strike bowler for Bangladesh.

I think Pandya the batsman in LOI’s especially is a must have and a match winner on his day, however he is being put in situation where it is all or nothing or is given bowling responsibilities when there is a total crisis.

The fact that he still has enough performances to sustain the hype is credit to him as his role can at best only produce inconsistent results. However the  team management isn’t showing enough confidence and nether has Pandya that standout spell or innings in the larger picture to give them that confidence.

We have been rating him as the 2nd coming of  Kallis with only the odd good performance so that would make him overrated for now with the caveat he is underutilized.

30 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Then you are over rating Vijay Shankar my friend :icflove:. Btw you have basically put out an entire squad of 15 and asked who's overrated, out of the 15 there's no one who is currently overrated here. People just have their own likes and dislikes. 

Im rating him but many dont .....aise to there wud be 1-2 fans of chahal n rahane to but they dnt make list. Ppl who divide opinion equally most made the list 

Navdeep Saini is the most overrated cricketer in this list.

This guy just is not international standards. Doesn’t have anything other than good pace. The fact that he has achieved more with his batting than his bowling in international cricket says a lot. 

Players like Pujara, Rahul and Kuldeep are very good. They are just out of form but will be back very soon with a bang. 

LOL at people voting Pandya. He is the only world class pace-bowling allrounder we have in the whole country. He is a match winner at #6, just give him a long run at that spot.