Kashmir only issue that stands between India and Pak : Imran Khan

Sgattick10

9 hours ago, someone said:

And IK is correct. From his POV, without Kashmir, India is gone.

The natural barriers is gone. And separatism within our country, is already getting mainstream, and that will be only super-accelerated and, and openly challenged.

Where ? Kashmir is not the only state in the country.

The point is several people would not mind seeing a prosperous modern pakistan along with kashmir Valley lol its a place I will visit, that and chitral. But then its idealistic till the time Islamic extremism and pak mil complex hate politics hold sway.  There is some value in seeing distinct societies as nations...there is a charm in that. Pak with kashmir might make a distinct charming Islamic south asian country all this is stopped by current pak militant policy. 

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

The point is several people would not mind seeing a prosperous modern pakistan along with kashmir Valley lol its a place I will visit, that and chitral. But then its idealistic till the time Islamic extremism and pak mil complex hate politics hold sway.  There is some value in seeing distinct societies as nations...there is a charm in that. Pak with kashmir might make a distinct charming Islamic south asian country all this is stopped by current pak militant policy. 

I concur with that in an idealistic world. Although having been to Kashmir over last 10-15 years, it is fairly radicalised state and needs to mellowed and deradicalised over next 10 years. 

50 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

I think its standard libdu peace drivel or doomsday scenario. Let Pakistan become Colony of China, Why should India feel obligated to help them out in coming out from that danger.

A nation full of religious extremist which got independence for throwing tantrums will never value the freedom. Their is no difference betwen pakistans mentality and Afghanistan mentality. So why two nations will have different future?

Edited by mishra

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think its standard libdu peace drivel or doomsday scenario. Let Pakistan become Colony of China, Why should India feel obligated to help them out in coming out from that danger.

A nation full of religious extremist which got independence for throwing tantrums will never value the freedom. Their is no difference betwen pakistans mentality and Afghanistan mentality. So why two nations will have different future?

Politics is about art of possible. There cannot be any rigidity in positions. 

9 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Politics is about art of possible. There cannot be any rigidity in positions. 

See, since late 1980s, our current policy of not having relations with them or reponding by bullet has given something to think about. Unless they shared details of various terrorist and handlers in India, I don’t see any change in their policy either.

Lets not give them credit for not redoing another Pulwama or 26/11 now. We are better off if they are in a position that they cant .

Edited by mishra

1 minute ago, mishra said:

See, since late 1980s, our current policy of not having relations with them or reponding by bullet has given something to think about. Unless they shared details of various terrorist and handlers in India, I don’t see any change in their policy either.

Lets not give them credit for not doing another Pulwama or 26/11. We are better off if they are in a position that they cant .

I am not prescribing any policy prescription. I am saying politics is the art of possible. One has to be agile. Past events have a reference point but it cannot be an anchor. Normalising of Pakistan is going to be disruption in present set up. 

Lol Kashmir issue is never going to be resolved without a war.  Overall it serves as a vital buffer zone between both nations whose capitals otherwise are in arms reach.

Also there have been no large scale battles in Kashmir post 1965 & in also in 1947-48 bitter wars have been fought over it.  Haji Pir battle is still considered most daring operation in Indian military history.  It's a tough tough terrain to take control over as even history points out. 

Gilgit Baltistan is even more tougher terrain with more than 30+ high altitude peaks & as we have seen in Kargil mountain battles are hardest. 

It will take Herculean effort to reclaim the lost land.  Pakistani Punjab & Karachi Sindh is comparatively much easier route for India & to force a quick victory.   Completing the task of 1965 when we were almost there to Lahore..  While Kashmir front was still deadlocked. 

For the Kashmir issue to be solved - all Pak has to do is to withdraw its forces from POK, return Gilgit Baltistan and remove the non-Kashmiris from these areas and stop sponsoring terrorism. Ball is in its court. Surprised this is not the answer we have retorted with to Pak. 

Ok, so by the looks of it, Pakistan is being backstabbed by China( Reason is nothing to do with China vs Pakistan but Chinese are being put under pressure by West and Pakistan has been told as to what West will do to China in coming years).

India is supposed to put boots on ground in Afghanistan and it can only do so if Pakistan gives us direct access. So West has told Pakistan to find a solution else get effed Royally. 

So what is the option left with Pakistan, plead with West that PoK doesn’t assimilated by India. West may have got some assurance with Mota bhai on that in return, west would have forced Pakistan to stop supporting cross border terrorism.

Will India buy this after Afghan peace talks where India became a party? Time will tell. 

So effectively when Immy and Army says Kashmir issue, its limited to PoK and They want assurance from India that we won’t militarily take PoK

Edited by mishra

I see a lot of talk from Pakistan and no concrete proposal.....

I suspect UAE basically said repay our loan. Pakistan was in a state of panic. Then UAE asked Pakistan to talk peace with India, acting as a broker. (among other factors)

So Pakistan is now making statements to that effect.

IMO India should continue to make the right noises but let Pakistan actually show something. Continue with building dams in both India and Afghanistan.

Modi can actually become a Nobel Peace Prize winner if they get something out of it. Right now the image of Modi and India govt is not really the ideal one and even Biden and Harris are known to be anti-Modi and RSS or whatever it is so maybe the peace with Pakistan is the way to go to build some kind of insurance policy in terms of image 

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Modi can actually become a Nobel Peace Prize winner if they get something out of it. Right now the image of Modi and India govt is not really the ideal one and even Biden and Harris are known to be anti-Modi and RSS or whatever it is so maybe the peace with Pakistan is the way to go to build some kind of insurance policy in terms of image 

Wet dream. India and Modi won’t care what what Pakistani people think about them. Biden and Harris lol they are pro India everyone is cause that’s were the money is at. India does not need anything with Pakistan, Pakistan needs India desperately lol. 

19 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Modi is misunderstood by Pakistanis on many front. There is no carrot for him other than Indian national interests. Nobel prize or any recognition, he gives a damn as long as its not in national interest, he won’t buzz. Thats why, when he extended olive branch, Pakistan has to be serious. Also, He isn’t Gandhi or Atal Bihari who will ignore Pakistani design , just for hope/desire of peace.

Edited by mishra