India ODI Squad Anounced

Mosher

23 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Shami got clobbered in Australia..  I think Siraj can be superior option as our bowlers suck at Powerplays so he can maybe pick early wickets. 

Bumrah had a ordinary NZ tour too. Good luck to Siraj & co but he's had an awful start in T20s earlier, hope he's nowhere near that in ODIs.

30 minutes ago, Adamant said:

We played our B  side against newzealand, even in Aus Rohit wasn't there. 

Those were forced situations due to injuries in NZ and due to Kohli's insecurities in Aus.

Now all three are in the LOI squads vs England when there should be proper rotation. A top of order of 38, 37 and 35 years olds cannot and will not us a WC. The earlier the current TM comes out of his delusion better it is.

Additionally, Shardul maybe the flavor of the month but he can be quite expensive. 

Bhuvi at best doesn't go for a lot, Eng have enough firepower to target others. 

Who knows what avatar of Kuldeep shows up on game day.

Arnold Chahal is our future Arjuna award winner & everyone's fav. 

On the batting front, do we really need KL in his current form ? 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

I don't  get it if you have capability to pick up early wickets or move the ball at decent pace then you are good enough ODI bowler..  Not T20 though.  

that alone isnt enough coz there are 2 other phases death n middle 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Odi is slightly different & that's why Hazelwood Boult etc have best stats in Odis off late as they pick Powerplay wickets..  Which has been our weak link in last 2 years.  Siraj gets good movement with new ball at good pace which will help us in the area.  ODI & T20 bowling has big difference imo.  Someone like Prasidh may not be a good T20 bowler but he can be a gun ODI bowler like Hazelwood. 

Boult is pretty good in all phases n hazelwood has improved his pace n death bowling. 

52 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

:facepalm:

shaw shud have been selected but in place of an opener

How can u select him in place of Krunal??? Axar shud have been selected in place of Krunal 

I dont think like that, squad looks okay otherwise, Pandya seems misfit and the tournament on the basis of which he is selected, Shaw performed better than him in that, Axar is debatable one, I think Krunal is preferred because he is better bat.

1 minute ago, Bigg Brother said:

I dont think like that, squad looks okay otherwise, Pandya seems misfit and the tournament on the basis of which he is selected, Shaw performed better than him in that, Axar is debatable one, I think Krunal is preferred because he is better bat.

u dnt select so many openers , u select opener in place of opener

and all rounder inplace fo all rounder ...thats how it works. Shaw cannot play at 7 or bowl 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not sure Gill will get a game with Surya Iyer Pant Rahul candidates of middle order.  Rahul can open as well.

Dhawan is also on thin ice even in ODIs.  Shaw has turned up the heat

Maybe if india is 2-0 up SKY Gill will get a chance. High hopes though 

Noticed that they are still keeping Kuldeep in the squad. When the TM has no confidence in him, why even keep him with the team? Release him so that he could go back to his childhood coach and work on the technicals. He gains nothing sitting a toxic dressing room where the leadership  group does not have any faith in him.

6 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

Axar Patel should have been there,much better bowler than Krunal Pandya and we have not seen the best of his batting yet.

FWIW Krunal is more of a batting allrounder while Axar is the reverse.  India need the former role filled more so than the latter.  Sundar is already in there as that type of option in the squad.  

Biggest question mark apart from his limited bowling for Krunal, is his serious flaw against the short ball.  He made Raina looked test class against the short ball, the last time we saw him hold a bat.  

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that alone isnt enough coz there are 2 other phases death n middle 

Boult is pretty good in all phases n hazelwood has improved his pace n death bowling. 

Nope boult does get thrashed in ODIs at death..  Even Aussies spanked him in recent T20Is..  In slog overs.  Expect perhaps India who seem to play him poor regardless of the phase. 

Unless you are Starc or Bumrah (I mind u both of them are going through bad phase in ODIs since WC)  nobody is escaping at the death.  But Nattu or Shardul are decent death bowling options..  

New ball wicket taking skill trumps everything in ODIs these days..  Siraj has bowled yorkers in IPl..  I've seen.  He is much better than Umesh I'd say in LOIs. 

Someone take 1-2 wickets in PP then suddenly spinners will also be effective as they will be bowling to non set batsmen. 

Additionally these days in last 10 overs there's extra fielder outside the ring..  So bowlers have some respite there

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nope boult does get thrashed in ODIs at death..  Even Aussies spanked him in recent T20Is..  In slog overs.  Expect perhaps India who seem to play him poor regardless of the phase. 

Unless you are Starc or Bumrah (I mind u both of them are going through bad phase in ODIs since WC)  nobody is escaping at the death.  But Nattu or Shardul are decent death bowling options..  

New ball wicket taking skill trumps everything in ODIs these days..  Siraj has bowled yorkers in IPl..  I've seen.  He is much better than Umesh I'd say in LOIs. 

Someone take 1-2 wickets in PP then suddenly spinners will also be effective as they will be bowling to non set batsmen. 

Additionally these days in last 10 overs there's extra fielder outside the ring..  So bowlers have some respite there

sab maar khaate hai ....sab 

starc bhi khaata hai , bumrah bhi . U cant be good all days

Can bowl yorker n be consistent with it is 2 diff things. Thats the problem for siraj . Nattu is a good death bowler

Umesh was a a disastor in LOI, everyone is better

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Do you think Axar has the batting skills which we need down the order. 

Krunal is definitely a better batsman than him and an ok choice for sixth bowler 

Krunal will be cramped for room with deliveries on his body,he gets into such stupid position to even those deliveries which aren't rising

He doesn't look quality,hope they don't waste time on him like we have wasted on wrong players in the past

They should keep an eye on Abhishek Sharma, Samad(although haven't seen him bowl)and others

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Krunal will be cramped for room with deliveries on his body,he gets into such stupid position to even those deliveries which aren't rising

He doesn't look quality,hope they don't waste time on him like we have wasted on wrong players in the past

They should keep an eye on Abhishek Sharma, Samad(although haven't seen him bowl)and others

at this point their bowling is strictly part time