India ODI Squad Anounced

Mosher

Kohli is happy with trundler brigade it seems nowadays .

Sick of watching these 120k bowlers ,England will feast on these trundlers ,I would play Siraj ,prasidh ,natarajan only for variety and pace .

How is chahal picked despite continuous bad performances ,baffles me ?

Bad picks - krunal ,bhuvi ,shardul ,chabal 

Good picks - Sky ,prasidh ,Siraj 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

team needs to back KL as much as possible. He is a vital member of t20 side and if he fails then its on him. I remember how dhoni backed dhawan before 2015 Wc when he had a rough patch going on 

Also he did damn well in ODI and provided that X factor in middle , may be longer format might just help him to take more time

But where will he play? Iyer, Pant & Pandya most probably will play at 4,5 & 6

Read a tweet which says Pant, Sundar, Kuldeep and Shardul have been in covid bio-bubble since August 2020. Others have had some break. With IPL after ODI series and then the tour to Eng immediately after..they may end up being in bio bubble for over 12 months! Better to give them a break from the ODIs before they have a mental burnout 

Kuldeep must be feeling the worst of them. Unwanted, not supported, not getting games but forced to be in that toxic set up. All in the name of 'working' on his bowling!

4 hours ago, adi B said:

Kohli is happy with trundler brigade it seems nowadays .

Sick of watching these 120k bowlers ,England will feast on these trundlers ,I would play Siraj ,prasidh ,natarajan only for variety and pace .

How is chahal picked despite continuous bad performances ,baffles me ?

Bad picks - krunal ,bhuvi ,shardul ,chabal 

Good picks - Sky ,prasidh ,Siraj 

Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav does not qualify as Trundlers me thinks...

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Read a tweet which says Pant, Sundar, Kuldeep and Shardul have been in covid bio-bubble since August 2020. Others have had some break. With IPL after ODI series and then the tour to Eng immediately after..they may end up being in bio bubble for over 12 months! Better to give them a break from the ODIs before they have a mental burnout 

Kuldeep must be feeling the worst of them. Unwanted, not supported, not getting games but forced to be in that toxic set up. All in the name of 'working' on his bowling!

Why don't they hire a spin bowling coach to improve spinners?  Both Chahal & Kuldeep have struggled & Chahal obviously has been average for a while. 

LSRK once offered BCCI that he would like to work with Kuldeep. 

Don't think B arun is that much effective when it comes to spin bowling.  

Most teams have a spin bowling coach..  I guess

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sharma

Dhawan

Kulli pannauti

Sky

Rahul

Pant

Pandya

Shardul

Umesh yadav

Prasidh Krishna

Bhuvi

Attack with pace. Brutal. Could out Sundar in for Umesh. 

No to disgusting Iyer thayir sadham. 

Umesh really:phehe: he is not even in squad & for a good reason

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Umesh really:phehe: he is not even in squad & for a good reason

Just put some pace please. I am starving for pace. I need to see pace. I don't care how good trundlers are, I need pace or at least fats medium bowlers with good ability to bowl brutal bouncers. I like to see bowlers inflict pain. 

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just put some pace please. I am starving for pace. I need to see pace. I don't care how good trundlers are, I need pace or at least fats medium bowlers with good ability to bowl brutal bouncers. I like to see bowlers inflict pain. 

maybe prasidh can get a game 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Why don't they hire a spin bowling coach to improve spinners?  Both Chahal & Kuldeep have struggled & Chahal obviously has been average for a while. 

LSRK once offered BCCI that he would like to work with Kuldeep. 

Don't think B arun is that much effective when it comes to spin bowling.  

Most teams have a spin bowling coach..  I guess

May not yet have found a spin coach who will be the yesman of our captain-head coach. From coaches and players, they demand complete loyalty and submission to the TM with no independent thoughts of their own. Not every professional will fit into those requirements.

IF Kohli would be opening in T20 WC, ideally, he should start opening here as well 

Rohit

Kohli

KL/Iyer/Gill

SKY (want to see him get an extended run in LOIs) 

Pant

SDP 

Sundar (bat + spin)

1 spinner from: Krunal, Kuldeep, Chahal 

3 pacers/medium pacers from: Thakur, Bhuvi, Krishna, Natrajan & Siraj (if the track has spin 2 pacers + 1 spinner)

I doubt Hardik will bowl 10 overs.. So, they'll go with six bowlers.. plus Rohit, Kohli.. so, 8 spots are taken.. one for the keeper (Pant/KL)

Hence only 2 spots for Iyer/Dhawan/SKY/Gill

The XI will be:

Rohit

Gill/Dhawan

Kohli

Iyer

Pant/KL

Pandya

Sundar/Krunal

Thakur

Bhuvi/Prasidh/Siraj

Chahal

Nattu

Would be good to see Sundar get bumped up to #5 for a game and Pant, Pandya at 6,7