Rohit's 64(34) vs Kohli's 80(52). What is more valuable to team India?

Which is more valuable  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more valuable

• Rohit's 64(34)
    • Kohli's 80(52)

Kohli played well. C'mon guys, hate is really clouding your opinions about him. Give him credit. I have given him a lot of stick as well but he played well. 

Never had issue with Kohli the great batsman. Not that we need him TBf given our depth but he is a poor captain yes. 

Edited by Jay
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Kohli played well. C'mon guys, hate is really clouding your opinions about him. Give him credit. I have given him a lot of stick as well but he played well. 

Never had issue with Kohli the great batsman. Not that we need him TBf given our depth but he is a poor captain yes. 

Kohli’s knock was good. But asked to chose between the two I will go with Rohit’s innings. 

his innings provided the platform needed for batsman coming down the order to go for it, it also allowed kohli to bat take his time. 

You cannot compare their innings as their roles were different, whilst the strategy moving forward will be Virat to Open, keep his wicket in tact and score a a SR at 120 130 till 15th over and go berserk in the last 5, on the other hand likes of Rohit, Sky, Pandya, Pant, Iyer/Kishen, put up a relentless attack on the opposition. What we saw today is the blue print of what to expect in World T20 and hence not to compare SRs etc as it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Sean Bradley

Its actually other way around,Kohli needs others to do the hitting part more so in t20(has started doing it in 50 overs as well)

He got help from others like SKY, Pandya ,had they failed Kohli wouldn't have even scored 60

So basically onus is always on others to give this side a competitive total while batting first

He does bare minimum to set  ground for his PR battle group to do all the defense ops

Yesterday he said he will open, raising a question mark over Kishan's future and who knows SKY even,lets hope he rrspects his own words and doesn't siss back to his usual position and get back Pangra pal Dhawan in

Edited by Suhaan

How is this even comparable? Let me put it this way...

Rohit scored 64 runs in 5.4 overs.. (RR - 11.3)

Rat scored 80 runs in 8.4 overs... (RR - 9.2)

If not for SKY and Pandya, Rat was all set to play a match losing innings after Rohit got out...

This is why we should never ever pay too much attention to averages in T20 cricket. They never tell the full story...