Is ICF wrong and Virat right?

sage

9 minutes ago, neel roy said:

also Fakhar Zaman in CT and Lendl Simmons in T20 international against India in semi final if we remember . But the point here is in that regarding flukes it can happen again and again.. ask newzealand.. 5 times wc semifinalist, 2 times finalist.. only ICC trophy worth the salt is their Champions Trophy 2001 victory against India ( that too was a Chris Cairns fluke as he never could replicate that again). So based on that argument we should trust the process.. righy

Bumrah bowling a no ball in CT 2017 or Ashwin getting Simmons out on a no ball. All you can do as team is  do the best you can and hope for the best.

Aussies of 2000s were simply so  dominant that they never faced these things in finals or knockout matches .They had some clutch players too . But they also got knocked out in champions trophies till 2006.

Knockout matches , you need some luck to go with you also.

Edited by putrevus
59 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

People need to remember that when it really mattered like the WC final, it took a sensible innings from a proper cricketer like Stokes to win them that game or at least tie it officially. It didn’t happen with brainless slogging.

True. People here (me too sometimes) criticize Indian approach unnecessarily, England's reckless approach made them lose it against SL and almost jeopardized their chances of making it to SF. 

Edited by Bigg Brother
1 minute ago, Bigg Brother said:

True. People here (me too sometimes criticize Indian approach unnecessarily, England reckless approach made them lose it against SL and almost jeopardized their chances of making it to SF. 

Many times India also was on track to get to 375-400 scores recently but the lower order flopped and consolidated.

There was nothing wrong with our top 3, as I said we need to get the right fire power. Iyer,Sky,Ishan,Pant,Pandya bros and potentially a few more, that’s a great collection of middle order dashers in Odis.

remove Rohit and Kohli and a line up of only hitters will flop 6-7 out of 10 times against quality line ups in tough conditions.

Whole world drools at the Indian top 3 but we want to get rid of them lol

54 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

People need to remember that when it really mattered like the WC final, it took a sensible innings from a proper cricketer like Stokes to win them that game or at least tie it officially. It didn’t happen with brainless slogging.

Stokes was actually a quick knock considering the conditions and RRR 4.84, SR 81 ... Stokes played at 86 and Buttler 98 :winky: ... Root made 7 off 30 (SR 23)

Problem is nothing to do with English openers or their style of play.England odi team is now facing same issue as India faced during Thala days, and that is lack of batsmen. Its so bad that Stokes is being moved up the order. Once English openers are gone, there is hardly anyone who can maintain their pace of run scoring. Its time English team realises that Eoin Morgan is finished. He is allready 34. He struggled during IPL too.

Edited by mishra
22 minutes ago, Adamant said:

180 in 180 balls is fine anything less than that isn't really good these days 

Yes, winning Target you post has now increased from 300+ to 350+. England just lost one match only. As i said, weaklink in English lineup is Morgan himself. He is out. I am certain that England will chase the targest in 46-47 over.

Our TM needs to rethink.

5 minutes ago, chewy said:

And some on this forum keep calling some of these England players "hacks"

Even 1dt ODI England were on course to chase within 40 overs 

1st odi was a hiccup for Eng, it happens as no team can win every game 

There was a game in Singapore where Jayasuriya smashed Pak but unfortunately still lost so such things happen in cricket ... Ind bubble was probably busted in WC SF with 5/3 (a few wins in bilaterals and due to a few youngsters may not even cut in the future)

Buttler

Jos Buttler: Delighted with the response of the guys. I thought we put in a very good bowling performance as well to restrict India to that total. Look at how well they played in the last 10 overs, so I thought the guys in the middle overs did well to restrict them. And then the guys came out and played fantastically well, the intent and partnerships from the start made it a brilliant chase. The openers have been a pillar of our strength for a long period of time. Delighted for Jonny and that partnership with Ben Stokes was brilliant to watch, as a fellow player and a fan. Some of the strokes they played and the commitment to play that way. Some people talked about our way and if we need to be smarter - of course we want to play smart cricket but it's important to commit to our style of play when the conditions suit. Moeen and Adil bowled well in tandem, great friends and they enjoy bowling together.

We've played on some good wickets here, and a winner takes all game at the end, so we'll look forward to that.