Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out of the remaining matches of the IND vs ENG ODI series, and is likely to miss the first half of IPL 2021 due to a dislocated shoulder.

16 minutes ago, Nash said:

Dejavu feeling of 2019 world cup. 

A bad middle order could cost us t20 world cup this year.  Iyer was looking good at five or six. 

Other options are not that great. Nightmare if Vijay Shankar can make it. 

Have enough options in Sky, Kishan, Krunal few others

Vijay Shankar is a strict no-no for T20s.. He is okay for ODIs, but he did not even playing Vijay Hazare if I remember correctly.

The bigger nightmare for me is if Manish Pandey makes it back to the T20 side

13 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Have enough options in Sky, Kishan, Krunal few others

Vijay Shankar is a strict no-no for T20s.. He is okay for ODIs, but he did not even playing Vijay Hazare if I remember correctly.

The bigger nightmare for me is if Manish Pandey makes it back to the T20 side

If its a 18/20 member squad i ll rather have Manish Pandey in team and use him as substitute fielder whenever possible for bumrah chahal .. a high catch or catch in the deep as a sub fielder can change a game

59 minutes ago, neel roy said:

if Iyer goes we still have SKY or Pant to fill the gap. We will still be without one of them.. so basically in odi it was 1 out of Iyer Pant Sky ( Rahul wk)

In t20 it would have been kishan or rahul or even Dhawan taking iyers place ( pant wk)

we have multiple options now

Not bothered about Iyer's place in T20s, he shouldn't be in main XI anyways. 

While the Indian team should have no problem, DD will be a worried Lot.

I would like to see Dhawan leading the Delhi Capitals in his absence...Pant should focus on his batting, while Rahane should strive to make the playing 11 if possible.

Here's wishing Iyer for a speedy recovery...Timing wouldnt have been any worse for him, tough luck dude!

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

News is that he may need 3-4 months atleast to recover from his injury. So, he is pretty much done for this year's IPL and may also miss out on Lancashire stint which starts from July 15.

that's the first half of this year ruined and a question mark on his place in the team. has to suck to be him.

21 minutes ago, Norman said:

Thankfully now that we've developed a bigger pool of capable players, we shouldn't be too worried about the world cup. Compare this to our chewtiyapa before the 2019 WC, where we had to land Pant and Mayank out of nowhere as replacements.... :facepalm:

I still think had Mayank played that game against Lanka &,  then that SF we would have walked over kiwis.  Dude was on a high after Aus.  Rahul Rohit Kohli we had three bottlers & then DK too.  The way we played Santner was pathetic.