Rate the Fab 4

zen

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Why do they have to bat together to be compared? Sachin debuted 6 years earlier than the three and 12 years earlier than Sehwag

Are they being compared with each other or as a group v other such batsmen who played together? :hmmm:

As for your question, which is unrelated to the thread, it is not a bad idea to compare players in similar circumstances taking on similar challenges esp. if there is a big sample size (74 tests is huge and so would be x and y in some combination together if they have played tons of games with each other) 

10 minutes ago, zen said:

Are they being compared with each other or as a group v other such batsmen who played together? :hmmm:

As for your question, which is unrelated to the thread, it is not a bad idea to compare players in similar circumstances taking on similar challenges esp. if there is a big sample size (74 tests is huge and so would be x and y in some combination together if they have played tons of games with each other) 

Peaks are different, Sachin peak was 92-98

32 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Peaks are different, Sachin peak was 92-98

So? That is like only 25% of his matches played v major teams,  while not doing well v a dominant SA and ignoring performances v Pak in 1999 (just 1 good inning) :hmmm:

That "peak" per you is built on batting v relatively weak bowling sides too ... As for me, watching him bat, his peak was 96-99 (though did not cash in v teams like SA & Pak), w/ 98 as the highlight year 

Edited by zen
On 3/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, zen said:

So? That is like only 25% of his matches played v major teams,  while not doing well v a dominant SA and ignoring performances v Pak in 1999 (just 1 good inning) :hmmm:

That "peak" per you is built on batting v relatively weak bowling sides too ... As for me, watching him bat, his peak was 96-99 (though did not cash in v teams like SA & Pak), w/ 98 as the highlight year 

Dude as for you he would be one of the worst batsmen ever. How is not a bad idea to compare someone peaks with someone's later years? Let's compre Bradman last unninf seotg kohlis peak 

.I love how you intentionaly take 74 matches cherry picked out of. 200. Will anyone jm teir right mind only cherry pick 40% of someone career? As if a single person is being fooled.most people would have forgotten your RPT ridiculousness, but I have not

49 minutes ago, New guy said:

Dude as for you he would be one of the worst batsmen ever. How is not a bad idea to compare someone peaks with someone's later years? Let's compre Bradman last unninf seotg kohlis peak 

.I love how you intentionaly take 74 matches cherry picked out of. 200. Will anyone jm teir right mind only cherry pick 40% of someone career? As if a single person is being fooled.most people would have forgotten your RPT ridiculousness, but I have not

Sorry, but I have no cure for fanatics like you. The thread is about the performance of Fab 4 as a group (playing together over 70 tests is what makes Fab 4). In terms of avg, Dravid and Sachin are in the top two, and Laxman and Ganguly in the bottom two, but we have only one set of fans who are worried  :rolleyes:  ... No wonder, you fanatics are a laughing stock of the cricketing community :lol:

Kapil Dev played 131 tests, does it make him a better bowler than Malcolm Marshall, who played 81 (50 less)? 

Edited by zen
17 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

If you start analyzing fraud sachin's career it ll only get worse. 

Practically never (only 1 game iirc, avg 15)  batted in the top order (#1-3) , made a career out of leveraging on 100 for 2 situations, went missing against major teams many times (apart from a knock here and there)

Edited by zen