Is Livingstone a HACK or a “modern day” Batsman?

Just now, maniac said:

I usually don’t judge big bash hitting by gora players. Dan C ,Henriques etc own this league with both bat and ball 

He was quality, played good cricketing shots not slogs to dominate all sorts of bowlers. Some crisp pulls for sixes on that new Perth ground. He will be a big star in upcoming WC

On 3/27/2021 at 1:40 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Havent seen enough if him. But whatever i have ...he hits the ball big. 

Hack n bits n pieces are just useless words in LOI now. 

To add @maniac

time u upgrade to modern cricket- words like hack , bits n pieces are nonsense and used by commentators coz they just like to talk crap also they havent gotten over their time. 

LOI are meant for only 2 kind of players- Match winners n Utility player....any team that starts to looks for the 3rd type will remain avg 

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I have been a big fan of this guy since the time he dominated Big bash 2 years back iirc

morgan sees to , he has been backing him to come good for a while and one reason is also his part time bowling a role which root does in ODI . Even though they have enough options yet its never bad to have more and both livingstone n root seems to have a golden arm to

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To add @maniac

time u upgrade to modern cricket- words like hack , bits n pieces are nonsense and used by commentators coz they just like to talk crap also they havent gotten over their time. 

LOI are meant for only 2 kind of players- Match winners n Utility player....any team that starts to looks for the 3rd type will remain avg 

Incredible innings but couldn’t finish it off, that’s what separates a hack. Forget Kohli or Rohit in a similar setting but someone like Hafeez Or Mushfiqur in such a setting would have stayed till the end and tried to finish  of the innings in such a situation. 

What is talent anyway: it’s basically hand eye coordination for a batsman

Technique is something that is developed as a player evolves and most players have their own technique that works for them and most people including tailenders  have the basic technique like head and foot balance etc 

Then there is temparament and awareness, this is what separates a good batsman from a hack 

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Incredible innings but couldn’t finish it off, that’s what separates a hack. Forget Kohli or Rohit in a similar setting but someone like Hafeez Or Mushfiqur in such a setting would have stayed till the end and tried to finish  of the innings in such a situation. 

This was an insane total and he was just alone. Mushfiqur n hafeez wudnt have even reached this close forget finishing. 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Technique is something that is developed as a player evolves and most players have their own technique that works for them and most people including tailenders  have the basic technique like head and foot balance etc 

Then there is temparament and awareness, this is what separates a good batsman from a hack

Temperament nyways doesnt depend on being an eye sore or hack.

Hack is just a dismissive word for different ability. Hitting is much a skill as defending. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This was an insane total and he was just alone. Mushfiqur n hafeez wudnt have even reached this close forget finishing. 

Temperament nyways doesnt depend on being an eye sore or hack.

Hack is just a dismissive word for different ability. Hitting is much a skill as defending. 

Steve Smith looks very inelegant but he has incredible hand eye coordination, one of the best I have seen ever given some of the shots he can manage, that’s his talent.

Technique he doesn’t have a conventional technique but has the basic technique that any player who makes it a certain level has and has his own method.

Now add his immense mental strength and temperament 

Thats what makes a great batsman.

Obviouisly he may not be able to play a knock like Livingstone today but Livingstone himself

wont be able to repeat this too often unless he becomes an ATG like Gayle in the format (who again is not a hack and has some of the attributes I mentioned for Smith) 

However Smith can play knocks consistently in the other 2 formats.

I hope you understand the difference.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Similarly @Ankit_sharma03 Tom Curran is a bits and pieces player. Hope you don’t think of him as an allrounder or impact player or any of your favorite terms.

He isnt bits n pieces- he can bowl 10 overs every day . Bits n pieces is someone who cant do any job fully any day. I said during jadeja time also he wasnt coz jadeja bowled 10 overs every day. Now tom isnt good enough thats another problem. England TM n morgan actually sees him as death bowler and they want to back him. Although i like sam a lot more but then im sure their camp has seen something in him that they are ready to back him . 

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Steve Smith looks very inelegant but he has incredible hand eye coordination, one of the best I have seen ever given some of the shots he can manage, that’s his talent.

Technique he doesn’t have a conventional technique but has the basic technique that any player who makes it a certain level has and has his own method.

Now add his immense mental strength and temperament 

Thats what makes a great batsman.

Obviouisly he may not be able to play a knock like Livingstone today but Livingstone himself

wont be able to repeat this too often unless he becomes an ATG like Gayle in the format (who again is not a hack and has some of the attributes I mentioned for Smith) 

However Smith can play knocks consistently in the other 2 formats.

I hope you understand the difference.

Not everyone has to be great...doing a job for team is far important. We have had great batsman ever since yet how much they help team is the question. 

The diff between someone like smith n livingstone is they are important to their team in respective format n useless in other. For all the name smith is actually becoming a liabily for his t20 side. Why shud i value smith more in t20 based on his test greatness ?? 

Yes livingstone might not play this again but smith doesnt even deserve to make it to aus t20 side even RR for that matter.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

lol.. when did you see kohli or rohit win a chase like this in T20s under those circumstances?

9 hours ago, maniac said:

They day kohli or rohit finishes when 15 an over is required I will leave posting on this forum. None of the batsman you named can chase so many over with over 13 required which is what makes your post nonsense 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I am Big Livingstone supporter & I was very pissed that RR kept wasting him for so long.  That guy has genuine stroke making ability & bowls handy leggies n offies.  Absolute match winner. 

You realize his team lost yesterday, right?