Jump to content
rangeelaraja

Best India XI vs. Best England XI at a neutral venue

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

 

You can't resist being a moron with the  needling language  & then moan and bitch a when someone kicks your butt repeatedly.

 

I don;t talk numbers without context, understand them better in my sleep than you ever will.

 

Matches where his economy has been bad - over 6 an over in Aus, look at the scores of those matches and see how his eco rate compares relatively. 

 

Did you consider that you dumwit ?

 

children with limited vocabularies aren't able to sustain a disagreement, even an impolite one, without ****-flinging.  Typical.  

 

Way to miss the point I made too - twice.  

 

Bhais ko Bhagvad padhnaa bekaar hi hai.

Link to post
Just now, sandeep said:

children with limited vocabularies aren't able to sustain a disagreement, even an impolite one, without ****-flinging.  Typical.  

 

Way to miss the point I made too - twice.  

 

Bhais ko Bhagvad padhnaa bekaar hi hai.

 

You surprised me in a good way by admitting that you made an impolite needling disagreement

 

Keep acknowledging your mistakes this way, you are on the right track.

 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

 

As always, you are clueless.

 

Here are the away performances of all teams since 2016, since you say last 5-6 years. England are home track specialists. 

 

They are good away from home, India better than them.

 

Dare explain based on the below how England are better " by some distance".

 

 

      - other -      Women's Tests      Women's ODIs      Women's T20Is      Youth Tests      Youth ODIs      Youth T20Is     
View overall figures [change view]
Home or away away (home of opposition) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruRemove.gif
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2016 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruRemove.gif
Totals in terms of batting team http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruRemove.gif
Ordered by matches won (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 20 of 20   http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoFirst-icon_13x13.gifFirst http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoPrev-disable-icon_13x13.gifPrevious Next http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoNext-disable.gif Last http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoLast-disable.gif http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Team Span Mat Wonhttp://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/blackArrowDown.gif Lost Tied NR W/L Ave RPO Inns HS LS  
India 2016-2020 45 27 16 0 2 1.687 48.61 5.73 44 375 92 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
England 2016-2021 42 23 16 0 3 1.437 36.76 6.07 40 418 113 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Australia 2016-2020 46 16 30 0 0 0.533 31.26 5.58 46 371 148 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Pakistan 2016-2019 38 14 23 0 1 0.608 38.62 5.78 38 399 74 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Afghanistan 2016-2019 25 12 11 0 2 1.090 25.59 4.66 24 305 111 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
South Africa 2016-2019 20 10 10 0 0 1.000 32.93 5.69 20 363 121 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Sri Lanka 2016-2021 38 9 25 1 3 0.360 28.45 5.40 36 377 138 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Ireland 2016-2021 16 6 10 0 0 0.600 27.60 4.76 16 329 104 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
West Indies 2016-2021 31 6 22 2 1 0.272 30.06 5.37 30 381 104 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Bangladesh 2016-2021 26 5 19 0 2 0.263 29.94 5.19 25 324 131 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
New Zealand 2016-2020 17 5 11 1 0 0.454 27.45 5.21 17 344 79 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Zimbabwe 2017-2020 26 4 21 1 0 0.190 26.61 5.06 26 322 78 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Nepal 2018-2019 5 3 2 0 0 1.500 21.33 4.38 5 255 113 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Oman 2019-2020 5 3 2 0 0 1.500 25.30 3.97 5 250 81 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Namibia 2019-2020 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 29.28 5.04 3 324 121 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
P.N.G. 2016-2019 10 2 8 0 0 0.250 21.13 4.39 10 244 115 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Scotland 2016-2019 8 2 5 1 0 0.400 23.44 4.67 8 299 150 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
U.S.A. 2019-2020 4 2 2 0 0 1.000 16.45 4.02 4 213 35 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
U.A.E. 2016-2020 8 1 7 0 0 0.142 19.63 4.17 8 235 110 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Hong Kong 2016-2018 4 0 3 0 1 0.000 20.50 4.36 4 213 174

 

 

 

India away series lost - 4

Eng away series lost - 2 (including this one)

 

I see why you have not included home stats there. As it shows up the gulf in the W/L - 3.9 for Eng vs 1.8 for us.

 

Overall W/L of 2.5 vs 2.1 for us (that is why 'by some distance'). Reason why they have remained the no. 1 team for all these years.

 

As I said, despite all this, if you think we are a better odi side, who am I to stop you.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, adi B said:

England would win 7/10 times unless we change our batting approach ,use our talent/resources to the optimal.

England are missing players like archer ,woakes ,root ,Morgan (today) while we are missing just bumrah ,shami/jadeja .

 

In a crunch game with virat leading us ,I wont be confident of beating england at all ,let me be absolute blunt!

 

 

 

Last 5 years India's away ODI record is better than England who have been home conditions bullies. 

 

At a neutral venue, the best Indian XI under Hitman's captaincy would win 7/10 matches and win every knockout game against England, who are lucky to beat NZ in the finals in their home ground.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

India away series lost - 4

Eng away series lost - 2 (including this one)

 

I see why you have not included home stats there. As it shows up the gulf in the W/L - 3.9 for Eng vs 1.8 for us.

 

Overall W/L of 2.5 vs 2.1 for us (that is why 'by some distance'). Reason why they have remained the no. 1 team for all these years.

 

As I said, despite all this, if you think we are a better odi side, who am I to stop you.

 

 

If you can read, I said i am only including away series because England is a home team specialist and this thread is also about a series in a neutral venue, if you can read.

 

And again statistically we have a better away W/L ratio than England since 2016.

 

England play a disproportionate amount of their cricket at home. 

Link to post
Just now, rangeelaraja said:

 

 

 

Last 5 years India's away ODI record is better than England who have been home conditions bullies. 

 

At a neutral venue, the best Indian XI under Hitman's captaincy would win 7/10 matches and win every knockout game against England, who are lucky to beat NZ in the finals in their home ground.

I hope so but England have won the world cup and been at #1 for 2 years or so which accounts for much more than these away or home records .

By the afaik England have won their last away series in srl ,aus,uae,nzl ,saf so that a good run 

Link to post
1 minute ago, adi B said:

I hope so but England have won the world cup and been at #1 for 2 years or so which accounts for much more than these away or home records .

By the afaik England have won their last away series in srl ,aus,uae,nzl ,saf so that a good run 

 

 

Thats because England have played a disproportionate matches on their home grounds. They are not that good away from home. India is better.

 

Unfortunately the way the futures series is set up, England just gets insane number of home matches compared to away.  

Link to post
2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Rohit

Ishan/Surya

Kohli

Pant

Rahul

Hardik

Jadeja

Washington

Shardul

Bumrah

Shami

 

This side can beat the best possible England X1 at least 6(possibly 7) out of 10 times at any venue.

 

 

 

Awesome. That would be my top team as well with Surya being slightly ahead of Ishan and Hitman as captain.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

 

You surprised me in a good way by admitting that you made an impolite needling disagreement

 

Keep acknowledging your mistakes this way, you are on the right track.

 

I have no qualms calling a spade a spade, will never hesitate to own up to my flaws and mistakes - or call out a misguided clueless "analyst" an infant.  :p:

Link to post
Just now, sandeep said:

I have no qualms calling a spade a spade, will never hesitate to own up to my flaws and mistakes - or call out a misguided clueless "analyst" an infant.  :p:

 

If that infant keeps kicking your backside with facts and contextual stats, he must be your cricketing daddy. :p:

 

Please look for a fight elsewhere, I am not interested.

Link to post

If everyone is fit:

 

R Sharma

S Dhawan

V Kohli

KL Rahul

R Pant

H Pandya

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

B Kumar

M Shami

J Bumrah

 

Current spinners are bits and pieces or have been found out. I don't think current management will drop S Dhawan.

 

Rather pick a proper spinner like R Ashwin than bits/pieces K Pandya/W Sundar.

 

Revamp ODI side after 2023 world cup

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

If everyone is fit:

 

R Sharma

S Dhawan

V Kohli

KL Rahul

R Pant

H Pandya

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

B Kumar

M Shami

J Bumrah

 

Current spinners are bits and pieces or have been found out. I don't think current management will drop S Dhawan.

 

Rather pick a proper spinner like R Ashwin than bits/pieces K Pandya/W Sundar.

 

Revamp ODI side after 2023 world cup

 

 

 

We have wrongly decided to categorize players as Test only or T20 only and are not playing our best available ODI XI by a long shot.

Edited by rangeelaraja
Link to post
23 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

 

 

If you can read, I said i am only including away series because England is a home team specialist and this thread is also about a series in a neutral venue, if you can read.

 

And again statistically we have a better away W/L ratio than England since 2016.

 

England play a disproportionate amount of their cricket at home. 

Sure if majority of these away games are in Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and WI, we definitely are better. Against the stronger sides though, it's a different story.

 

Do check the stats and read and understand them better instead of empty chest thumping

Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Sure if majority of these away games are in Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and WI, we definitely are better. Against the stronger sides though, it's a different story.

 

Do check the stats and read and understand them better instead of empty chest thumping

 

Again, as usual, you are clueless. You are calling WI minnows, England lost multiple ODI matches there in 2019.

 

There is not cure for inferiority complex and self defeating mindset.

 

So much for " head and shoulders"...BS

 

View overall figures [change view]
Home or away away (home of opposition)
Host country Australia or England or India or New Zealand or South Africa or Sri Lanka or West Indies
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2016 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruRemove.gif
Totals in terms of batting team http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruRemove.gif
Ordered by matches won (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 12 of 12   http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoFirst-icon_13x13.gifFirst http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoPrev-disable-icon_13x13.gifPrevious Next http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoNext-disable.gif Last http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoLast-disable.gif  
Team Span Mat Wonhttp://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/blackArrowDown.gif Lost Tied NR W/L Ave RPO Inns HS LS  
India 2016-2020 42 24 16 0 2 1.500 47.37 5.78 41 375 92 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
England 2016-2021 37 20 14 0 3 1.428 37.22 6.11 35 418 113 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Australia 2016-2020 46 16 30 0 0 0.533 31.26 5.58 46 371 148 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
South Africa 2016-2019 20 10 10 0 0 1.000 32.93 5.69 20 363 121 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Pakistan 2016-2019 32 8 23 0 1 0.347 34.76 5.59 32 361 74 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Bangladesh 2016-2021 23 3 19 0 1 0.157 28.15 5.09 22 324 131 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
New Zealand 2016-2020 15 3 11 1 0 0.272 25.39 5.04 15 331 79 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Zimbabwe 2017-2018 8 3 5 0 0 0.600 25.12 5.32 8 322 78 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Sri Lanka 2016-2021 27 2 22 1 2 0.090 26.75 5.28 26 327 138 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
West Indies 2017-2020 20 2 16 1 1 0.125 29.78 5.59 19 356 104 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Afghanistan 2017-2019 4 1 2 0 1 0.500 24.75 4.32 3 247 135 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Ireland 2016-2020 9 1 8 0 0 0.125 22.83 4.62 9 329 126 http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/guruInvestigate.gif
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 12 of 12   http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoFirst-icon_13x13.gifFirst http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoPrev-disable-icon_13x13.gifPrevious Next http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoNext-disable.gif Last http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ciPhotoLast-disable.gif
Go to page    

 

Edited by rangeelaraja
Link to post
6 minutes ago, bharathh said:

England haven't once defended a score so far. How are we automatically making them firm favs? I would love to see Rashid and Mooen bowling with a wet ball against Pandya and Pant before dismissing India as a stronger team. 

 

 

There are too many clueless chest beaters with deep inferiority complex on ICF. Nobody even considers that England won a majority of the tosses - where tosses matter.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...