Which ICC Trophy disappointment hurt most since 2013?

43 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

What swing? That WC was seeing scores of 300 plus on the regular and we lost the semi by 20 runs. No need to invent ridiculous theories. Kohli is paid the big bucks to get the big calls right. And he consistently shits his pajama when the heat is on. How did Pant ever get to play the last 4 matches in that WC without a consistent run in multiple ODI series before? What was Dhoni doing in that tournament? Because Kohli was his cuckold and not the captain.

That Kohli was the singular architect of 2019 debacle is a fact. His tactical cluelessness is regularly mocked by comms, his inability to identify talent and groom them is plain as daylight, his insecurities consistently come to surface in his selection calls and strategies, has zero patience to build a team for big events, and while earlier he used to have personal performances as a fig leaf, these days even that has become rare.

Kohlis fans take credits of overseas test series victories where he dint even play and same fans shrug off the wc19 loss sayin our batsmen can't play seam and swing . We have won multiple loi series under different captains in eng even under Kohli we won T20 series there. So pitch excuse is pure BS , Kohli nonsensical team selection and his ultimate choking ability has caused all world events debacle.

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

What swing? That WC was seeing scores of 300 plus on the regular and we lost the semi by 20 runs. No need to invent ridiculous theories. Kohli is paid the big bucks to get the big calls right. And he consistently shits his pajama when the heat is on. How did Pant ever get to play the last 4 matches in that WC without a consistent run in multiple ODI series before? What was Dhoni doing in that tournament? Because Kohli was his cuckold and not the captain.

That Kohli was the singular architect of 2019 debacle is a fact. His tactical cluelessness is regularly mocked by comms, his inability to identify talent and groom them is plain as daylight, his insecurities consistently come to surface in his selection calls and strategies, has zero patience to build a team for big events, and while earlier he used to have personal performances as a fig leaf, these days even that has become rare.

Yet again talk about that particular game not the tournament, we won all but one game in the league stage, lateral movement was on offer in the SF, anyone with a working set of eyes could see that. 

Sharma, Kohli, Rahul, Karthik(4of 25 odd balls) all failed because of tough conditions, we would have killed Newzealand on flat pattas. 

Your favorite Rohit Sharma was himself a Dhoni bhakt, no one in the team or the BCCI had the guts to remove Dhoni at that time.  Just because you state something doesn't freaking mean that it is a fact. 

As for insecurities... Lol Kohli has Bcci in his pockets, how much more powerful can he get. I remember how KL rahul was supposed to strip Kohli of all fame and how Kohli was stopping him due to his insecurities, looks like that theory didn't pan out. 

At the end of his career he will retire as an ATG and a world cup winner that's all that matters

Edited by Adamant
On 4/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, Vilander said:

2019 wc it was stupid, final was there for the taking. 

prime bumrah

prime shami

prime bhuvi

all 3 never even played together thanks to dumbass chutiya. then he picked chahal who is a dud. rahul never played at 4 where he is better. or even 5

even this team would have demolished n.z and england. 

sharma

mayank (was in the form of his life) 

kohli

rahul

Dhoni

pant or just rayudu who actually did well in n.z swinging conditions. 

pandya

jadeja

bhuvi

bumrah

shami

how strong is that side, despite missing a couple of key batsmen. 

who in the right *ing mind picks karthik? for odi. jeez. 

Edited by Jay
6 hours ago, Serpico said:

Why is that's all that matters? Maybe that's all that matters to you and Anushka Sharma. Us Indian fans want to see another world cup win brother, it matters to us

Its obvious that i want him to win another world cup for India but again winning a world cup as captain is not the only thing that defines a players legacy. 

If that was the case then players like Tendulkar, Dravid won't be hailed as atgs. 

Edited by Adamant
50 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Its obvious that i want him to win another world cup for India but again winning a world cup as captain is not the only thing that defines a players legacy. 

If that was the case then players like Tendulkar, Dravid won't be hailed as atgs. 

No it's obvious you only want him to win, you don't give a toss about the team. Infact you already started damage control for another world cup he hasn't lost yet. Just a simp for the player.

Fyi that 2007 wc did define dravid's legacy as a captain, everyone believes he was a bad captain despite winning test series in two countries after many decades. And Sachin still has the choker tag for choking in two WC finals. History will not be kind to rat either if he chokes in another WC as captain and player

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

No it's obvious you only want him to win, you don't give a toss about the team. Infact you already started damage control for another world cup he hasn't lost yet. Just a simp for the player.

Fyi that 2007 wc did define dravid's legacy as a captain, everyone believes he was a bad captain despite winning test series in two countries after many decades. And Sachin still has the choker tag for choking in two WC finals. History will not be kind to rat either if he chokes in another WC as captain and player

Stop with this nonsense. 

I would love it if we win 2023 world cup, i don't give a  flying eff to who captains us in that world cup. 

If Kohli fails in the ko's of  world cup 23 as a batsman he will carry the choker tag just like Sachin.

But wait Sachin is still our best ever batsman despite being a choker,  similarly Kohli will be an atg despite failing in ODI KO'S. He is already the t20i GOAT and a champion batsman in test. 

I admit that He is an average loi captain but that has no effect on his status as a batsman. 

As for your dravid reference nobody gives a toss that he captained us to 2007 wc, the only thing people remember is that he was an ATG batsman. 

Edited by Adamant

2019 world cup , India was not a better balanced team than NZ.  But that loss falls mainly on Kohli the batsman.If you are an ATG batsman you should be able to handle that initial movement. All he had to do was keep his wicket intact , runs would have come but he flopped miserably. Rohit Sharma we know was going to fail when there was some movement but Kohli should have done his job.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, Lord said:

2019 WC

Chahal ahead of inform Shami in overcast conditions.

Pant at 4 despite never playing there before the WC

Dhoni behind Pandya,Pant,Karthik as a 'senior player'

awesome tactics

Promoting the less experienced players made sense. At least as a theory.  Give them a chance to play a bit more freely knowing that there's more batting still to come, and they could have 'killed' the smallish chase.  It didn't work.  

Just now, sandeep said:

Promoting the less experienced players made sense. At least as a theory.  Give them a chance to play a bit more freely knowing that there's more batting still to come, and they could have 'killed' the smallish chase.  It didn't work.  

It was a collapse and we needed to stabilize and have partnership.Senior players are needed in that . Playing freely wasn't an option with ball darting around. RR could always been picked up later via these players.Jaddu did exactly that

Also Dhoni had batted at 4,5 previously and done well.That's better than Pant Karthik who weren't even regulars

Maybe the thinking was they didn't wanna lose Dhoni too in that period

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

It was a collapse and we needed to stabilize and have partnership.Senior players are needed in that . Playing freely wasn't an option with ball darting around. RR could always been picked up later via these players.Jaddu did exactly that

Also Dhoni had batted at 4,5 previously and done well.That's better than Pant Karthik who weren't even regulars

Maybe the thinking was they didn't wanna lose Dhoni too in that period

I mean, I hear you, but hindsight is 20-20.  

What happens in that game if Dhoni does go ahead of those guys and gets out cheap? Would it be easier for those guys or harder?  I mean, its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  

But for me, the decision to hold Dhoni back was OK.  And with Jadeja doing as well as he did, it took a direct hit to deny Dhoni a chance to win it in the last over for India.  It wasn't meant to be.

Not letting the team off the hook, because I think it was a winnable game and a winnable WC for India, but that batting order decision wasn't where it was lost.

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I mean, I hear you, but hindsight is 20-20.  

What happens in that game if Dhoni does go ahead of those guys and gets out cheap? Would it be easier for those guys or harder?  I mean, its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  

But for me, the decision to hold Dhoni back was OK.  And with Jadeja doing as well as he did, it took a direct hit to deny Dhoni a chance to win it in the last over for India.  It wasn't meant to be.

Not letting the team off the hook, because I think it was a winnable game and a winnable WC for India, but that batting order decision wasn't where it was lost.

yeah it was done out of fear of losing Dhoni in that period.

But it isn't hindsight.At 5-3 I'd rather see Dhoni than KKD/Pant and back him to see the tough period off and build partnerships.Sure Pant/KKD could have done it too but chances were less

Practically the game was gone by the time Dhoni walked in.Nobody expected Jadeja to play the way he did