India: Covid - II

kepler37b

20 minutes ago, ash said:

It makes no sense to have religious gathering or political rallies now. ALL religious gathering should be stopped( including Islam and Christianity , mentioning it just in case someone pounces on me with Whataboutery). All political rallies should stop/ should have been stopped.

Political leaders in Kerala and TN are already suffering because of their carelessness, one is already dead ( srivilliputhur candidate). 2 others are serious apparently.  They will get the best healthcare, but it is the poor cadres who are suffering now. 

PM's tweet boasting about crowds in Bengal are irresponsible to say the least, but we just can't ask one party to stop and the other to carry on . Politicians just want to win , they don't care about the voters , including Modi, Stalin, Vijayan or anyone. Left or right doent matter. Time for EC to step in. 

So what was different , India doing before second wave hit? I was in Delhi and UP in December-2020-Jan 21 and jokingly asked one of my frnd , " So Indias fight on Corona is on paper?" and he responded " Its not that, positivity rate is very low despite increased testing so what else can we do?"

As i said earlier, This whole Corona second wave may be directly linked to Jan 2021 school reopening.

Edited by mishra

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

So what was different , India doing before second wave hit? I was in Delhi and UP in December-2020-Jan 21 and jokingly asked one of my frnd , " So Indias fight on Corona is on paper?" and he responded " Its not that, positivity rate is very low despite increased testing so what else can we do?"

As i said earlier, This whole Corona second wave may be directly linked to Jan 2021 school reopening.

Maybe the school reopening or the political rallies. Whatever it is, every expert in the world kept telling that a second wave was inevitable, that it would eventually arrive. The fact that nothing has improved from the first wave and we are still facing shortage of beds and ventilators tells you how poorly we were prepared for it. Both the people and the government learnt nothing from the first wave.

1 hour ago, ash said:

Maybe the school reopening or the political rallies. Whatever it is, every expert in the world kept telling that a second wave was inevitable, that it would eventually arrive. The fact that nothing has improved from the first wave and we are still facing shortage of beds and ventilators tells you how poorly we were prepared for it. Both the people and the government learnt nothing from the first wave.

You can never have enough for our population. So the most important thing is to avoid hospitalization. Vaccination.

4 hours ago, ash said:

Which political rallies are happening in Mumbai,Maharashtra? India is not West, I am optimistic that the way it came top in first wave, It will contain the second wave too. And offcourse, this time it has vaccine and operating procedure. Covid +vity rate is not only thing. People will get positive again , even after being vaccinated.

Number to watch for is daily death count.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Which political rallies are happening in Mumbai,Maharashtra?

It’s the fatigue of wearing masks and gatherings. People are attending gatherings and no masks etc. you may be right though schools might be one of the major reasons I know few in family whose kids are in schools got COVID but overall people not wearing is still a concern. 

Edited by gattaca

12 minutes ago, gattaca said:

It’s the fatigue of wearing masks and gatherings. People are attending gatherings and no masks etc. you may be right though schools might be one of the major reasons I know few in family whose kids are in schools got COVID but overall people not wearing is still a concern. 

School will have to re-open. We have no option . Principally and morally its wrong to keep school closed and deny future generation what is their right because present generation runs the risk of Corona.

Indian population is 1.3 billion and if their death rate is 1000 daily for 3-5 weeks, I will still pat back of Indian people. Solution is vaccination of priority groups and ones who are of vulnerable age. Free for all will do nothing but give a excuse to rich and powerfull to jump the queue. Infact its allready happening. One of my acquiantances mentioned that he knows a family fully vaccinated. Where could they would have acquired the vaccine in India. Ans: They acquired it from what is declared as waste. No wonder Health Minister is being pushed by top lobby to open up vaccine for all.

Just on this saturday, I heard, one of my frnd  from my village school days died in India.

Edited by mishra

The main problem here India  is lack of Survey and research being done in India or  information not provided to public. I mean there are reports of new Indian double mutant Variant in other countries but not  much in  India  media or research conducted on it seems   if needs  win battle against COVID19 it will on clear information, research ,survey and communication. We can rely on other countries for that 

They need find out if the Vaccine are effective against new Variants. If they just push the vaccine without knowledge I fear vaccination will ineffective very soon and people will trust loose in Vaccine. Considering already world is skeptical about Covidshied and I don't know if CoVaxin is even peer reviewed  efficiency and not many are using Russian vaccine  internationally 

1 hour ago, rising said:

The main problem here India  is lack of Survey and research being done in India or  information not provided to public. I mean there are reports of new Indian double mutant Variant in other countries but not  much in  India  media or research conducted on it seems   if needs  win battle against COVID19 it will on clear information, research ,survey and communication. We can rely on other countries for that 

They need find out if the Vaccine are effective against new Variants. If they just push the vaccine without knowledge I fear vaccination will ineffective very soon and people will trust loose in Vaccine. Considering already world is skeptical about Covidshied and I don't know if CoVaxin is even peer reviewed  efficiency and not many are using Russian vaccine  internationally 

According to some people here, India does not have the infra or resources to do this. 

10 hours ago, mishra said:

Which political rallies are happening in Mumbai,Maharashtra? India is not West, I am optimistic that the way it came top in first wave, It will contain the second wave too. And offcourse, this time it has vaccine and operating procedure. Covid +vity rate is not only thing. People will get positive again , even after being vaccinated.

Number to watch for is daily death count.

Are we even reporting the correct numbers for the death count?? 

FB_IMG_1618344640452.jpg

22 minutes ago, ash said:

FB_IMG_1618344640452.jpg

In Gujarat, authority have made it clear that death of the covid positive patients having co-morbidities such as Cancer, Diabetes, TB, Hypertension, pre exisiting Lung Conditions-Asthma, COPD wont be calculated under death from Covid (Joke, isn't it?) But it is true. In Surat there is no burial places left to bury the bodies of deceased, that's how scarry situation is here. 

5 hours ago, ash said:

According to some people here, India does not have the infra or resources to do this. 

India certainly does not have the infrastructure for the current versions of the pfizer or moderna. Maybe only on a very limited scale.

Edited by kosingh

41 minutes ago, kosingh said:

India certainly does not have the infrastructure for the current versions of the pfizer or moderna. Maybe only on a very limited scale.

At least big companies and hospitals can manage it for people who can afford these vaccines. 

9 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

In Gujarat, authority have made it clear that death of the covid positive patients having co-morbidities such as Cancer, Diabetes, TB, Hypertension, pre exisiting Lung Conditions-Asthma, COPD wont be calculated under death from Covid (Joke, isn't it?) But it is true. In Surat there is no burial places left to bury the bodies of deceased, that's how scarry situation is here. 

It is tough one to calculate. If a person dies of heart-failure and a routine Corona detects him as +ve, clearly the cause of death is NOT Covid. It is a grey area which the administration is using for its own means.

Modi govt messed up. It should have considered this as national priority and ramped up the vaccine production capacity. But in a society of so much internal differences and chaos, organized and planned teamwork is a luxury product. 

Let the society suffer and learn the hard lesson.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

At least big companies and hospitals can manage it for people who can afford these vaccines. 

All the big hospitals are in deep debt. Cursory look at their balance sheets is enough. This will be used as a opportunity for profiteering.

9 hours ago, ash said:

FB_IMG_1618344640452.jpg

We as a country have sub-standard leaders in all walks of social life. They are quite good at projecting the credit and covering up the blame. 

11 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Is the state of Gujarat ( or any state) allowed to have its own definition of what is death due to covid?

Don't they have to follow the guidelines laid down by the ICMR on this?

One would think that a year into the pandemic we'd have basic definitions and some SoP to identify a covid death from a non covid death.

Edited by Mariyam

On 4/13/2021 at 1:59 AM, mishra said:

UP is worse in testing. I have had first hand experience. Yogis men are pretty inconsiderate and ruthless when it comes to testing and tracing. I don’t think Maharashtra govmt or Delhi govmt is anywhere close to showing urgency Yogi shows, because i was undectated when i was in Delhi but they came to our home thrice to get sample. Tbh, i was pretty pissed with UP Administrations harassment in name of Covid testing 

In terms of tests/ 1000 people UP, WB and Bihar were/are serious laggards. Even other states with a large ( or comparable) population like Maharashtra, Rajasthan have tested a lot more aggressively.

But UP has ramped up with contact tracing efforts now. At least that is what the news indicates.

15 hours ago, ash said:

FB_IMG_1618344640452.jpg

See, Above stuff is bullshit to say least unless you check how many dead bodies used to go from Civil Hospital Ahmedabad daily and if that news had a trend for past few days.

I know, you will continue to argue on how to draw a point based on actual definition of point, For example if someone dies from Blood Clot after nearly 2 months post vaccination. Should he be classed as Corona death where we are counting deaths of people declared corona positive since 28 days.

or say why should you not expect 20,000 daily death if UK with 20 times less population. Why should Corona treat Indians in India anything special.

Hence I say, I am quite awed of how Indian population has dealt the crisis. Please Chk the stats for Spanish flu deaths in India during early 20th century

Edited by mishra

6 hours ago, kepler37b said:

It is tough one to calculate. If a person dies of heart-failure and a routine Corona detects him as +ve, clearly the cause of death is NOT Covid. It is a grey area which the administration is using for its own means.

Modi govt messed up. It should have considered this as national priority and ramped up the vaccine production capacity. But in a society of so much internal differences and chaos, organized and planned teamwork is a luxury product. 

Let the society suffer and learn the hard lesson.

Yup, just have to accept tha fact that we are living in a third world country and just ride this out.