IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Thakur isn't a trundler. 

Screenshot_20230517-133247.png

He is 85%a trundler 15% pacer,even in 24 balls he will mostly clock below 135 in 16-17 deliveries

He is young can pick/might be picking pace now for his age ,though

Even Tyagi used to trundle most of the times with RR majority of times,has picked up pace now

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

He is 85%a trundler 15% pacer,even in 24 balls he will mostly clock below 135 in 16-17 deliveries

Even Tyagi used to trundle most of the times with RR majority of times,has picked up pace now

Even Steyn never bowled 140s all the time. A fast bowler does not need to bowl fast all the time that is brainless bowling especially in T20 cricket.  a fast bowler should not bowl like a bowling machine.

Edited by rkt.india

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Steyn never bowled 140s all the time. A fast bowler does not need to bowl fast all the time that is brainless bowling especially in T20 cricket. 

You are talking complete opposite in t20s

I'm speaking facts ,most pacers bowl faster than usual in t20s brainless or not that is topic for another debate

What I'm saying is about their current ability to bowl at pace, nothing related with what one needs to do

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

135kph isn't particularly trundlerism either especially if one can bowl in 140's too.

Likes of Boobie Bhaiya,  Avesh K and Sandeep Sharma,  Purple Patel are ideal flag bearers of trundlerism 

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

135kph isn't particularly trundlerism either especially if one can bowl in 140's too.

Likes of Boobie Bhaiya,  Avesh K and Sandeep Sharma,  Purple Patel are ideal flag bearers of trundlerism 

Below 135 k for major part comes under trundlism

Above names are called trundlers for very reason

I'm not saying he will trundle in future as well,noone can't predict

He is getting stronger,and this is where he is starting to pickup pace now

At current rate,he will surely be a genuine pacer in 1-2 years time

Edited by Suhaan

Some points regarding Madhwal.  Yeah, he's on the shorter side but for LOI, with this skiddy action and yorker ability, there's utility for such bowlers.  Apart from death bowling, what was another positive was that he was able to extract seam movement in the middle overs during that CSK game esp that delivery that got Pooran.  IMO, his seam movement reminded me of Shami at the front along with good lines. First season, let's see how he shapes but some promise there. 

Harshit looked impressive just with that first glance.  Easy effortless action, reminds of you someone like Cummins. Gives you the impression, he's looks good for the longer formats. He's got the height, physique, and bowling action for the longer formats.  

Pity Prasidth is injured, he's the ideal bowler for tests esp in SENA.   

IMO lateral movement is biggest weapon against batsmen i.e seam or swing.  Batsmen make errors with lateral movement or either change of pace. Monotone pace without changes in length, line, lateral movement will get punished.  With pace, ideally you still need lateral movement or changes in pace, length, line for that optimal bowling.  Same reason spinners bowling less than 100km deceive batsmen.

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Even Avesh clocked 140+ that way

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Below 135 k for major part comes under trundlism

Above names are called trundlers for very reason

I'm not saying he will trundle in future as well,noone can't predict

He is getting stronger,and this is where he is starting to pickup pace now

At current rate,he will surely be a genuine pacer in 1-2 years time

I believe if Yash Thakur can grow strength to strength and clock 140k consistently..with the control he has shown+more game time\maturity he gets..he is going to be a very good prospect