IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Haven't seen other type of deliveries, but if he does then he must have learnt it gradually.

Harshit is a strong lad, one of the ones who can bowl long spells with intensity. He is very similar to Akashdeep who also bowled long spells without slowing down. 

Let him add those variations slowly, I will vouch for him in Tests & ODI's first...T20 not needed at this moment.

That's what. I want bowlers like him to bowl and get their stock deliveries nailed on for longer formats.  

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

From the bowling POV...I would expect now Harshit to be part of Test bowling asap

Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Akashdeep & Harshit should be in the scheme of things. Given Shami is getting old & Siraj often goes missing in key games, its important to elevate both Harshit & Akash as the core group of fast bowlers. Harshit with his ability to bat can also be a much needed no 8 for Indian Team. Akashdeep too is handy with the bat. 

Siraj in my opinion is at the crossroads now, he is playing regularly yet hasn't been able to elevate his game in the longest format. Few good spells here & there followed by long spells of innocuous bowling, on top of that his fielding & batting are of not much help. 

our pacers should be bumrah, shami (selectively, since he is around 40), harshit, akashdeep, and himanshu chauhan in long formats.

mayank is currently not suited for long formats. too fragile.

19 minutes ago, Vijy said:

our pacers should be bumrah, shami (selectively, since he is around 40), harshit, akashdeep, and himanshu chauhan in long formats.

mayank is currently not suited for long formats. too fragile.

ODIs these days are the safest options to draft in any new bowler ,T20 is becoming v.difficult does not give them chance to make a come back.

Mayank should be handled as Eng is using Wood play him only few matches in the series keep him fresh and fit and when he is fully ready give is longer run.

Himanshu Chauhan was impressive this season in Ranji, strange no IPL team took him even as injury cover GT, LSG ...? 

It was refreshing to see some1 taking wkts with bouncers and intimidating batters in Ranji trophy match.

2 hours ago, tapandrun said:

ODIs these days are the safest options to draft in any new bowler ,T20 is becoming v.difficult does not give them chance to make a come back.

Mayank should be handled as Eng is using Wood play him only few matches in the series keep him fresh and fit and when he is fully ready give is longer run.

Himanshu Chauhan was impressive this season in Ranji, strange no IPL team took him even as injury cover GT, LSG ...? 

It was refreshing to see some1 taking wkts with bouncers and intimidating batters in Ranji trophy match.

wood is more fit than mayank, so latter should play only T20s for now, before graduating to ODIs

14 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mayank is around 20-21 age bracket...this the time when his body is maturing.

Once he reaches around 24 he will get injured less often.

His action is all over the place,he needs to rectify his action first

Upper and lower body arent at sync during release

Mature body or not,he will surely have some issues if he continues with it

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mayank is around 20-21 age bracket...this the time when his body is maturing.

Once he reaches around 24 he will get injured less often.

His action is a weird mix. needs to address it

11 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I am no expert but his action doesn't seem problematic to me.

Only thing which he may need to work on is his body alignment at time of load..also the way he uses his left leg as a fulcrum puts tremendous amount of pressure there.

Except those 2 I don't see much issue.

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Only thing which he may need to work on is his body alignment at time of load..also the way he uses his left leg as a fulcrum puts tremendous amount of pressure there.

don't be surprised if that left leg bursts one day.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

just a reminder of the injury list of Cummins

Debuted at 18, handed a test cap, got heel injury, was then missing for 1 and half years

Returned as a 20 year old in the T20 world cup, got a back stress fracture and was missing for 1 year

Joined Australia A, immediately had the back stress fracture come back and went missing for another almost a year

At this time he decided to concentrate only on white ball and then joined Aussie World cup 2015 team. 

During the England ODI series, his stress fracture again came back and he went missing for another year

He played red ball cricket last in 2011 in sheffield Shield and then after that next time he played red ball in domestic was in 2017, FIVE years later

in international test cricket, Cummins was missing for 5 years, 3 months and 27 days  at a stretch., because of his injuries

Fast bowlers get injured, its pretty common, nothing to panic if age is on one's side. 

Edited by New guy

5 hours ago, New guy said:

just a reminder of the injury list of Cummins

Debuted at 18, handed a test cap, got heel injury, was then missing for 1 and half years

Returned as a 20 year old in the T20 world cup, got a back stress fracture and was missing for 1 year

Joined Australia A, immediately had the back stress fracture come back and went missing for another almost a year

At this time he decided to concentrate only on white ball and then joined Aussie World cup 2015 team. 

During the England ODI series, his stress fracture again came back and he went missing for another year

He played red ball cricket last in 2011 in sheffield Shield and then after that next time he played red ball in domestic was in 2017, FIVE years later

in international test cricket, Cummins was missing for 5 years, 3 months and 27 days  at a stretch., because of his injuries

Fast bowlers get injured, its pretty common, nothing to panic if age is on one's side. 

nagarkoti had multiple injuries (about 2 yr in total) and is now almost totally lost to the scene. and koti was bowling close to 147-148 even in U19.

we don't want that to happen to mayank

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

That is what I'm saying ,the whole phase from loadup to release is problem for him

That is a massive issue in itself

On 5/28/2024 at 11:08 PM, Suhaan said:

That is what I'm saying ,the whole phase from loadup to release is problem for him

That is a massive issue in itself

expect many more injuries to be instantiated