IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Wonderful. That over to Russell was great example of his improvement. He is only guy who can save RCB in knock outs otherwise their bowling look bang average to win the tournament.

One decent Australian tour has turned him into a world class bowler for all three formats 

21 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Wonderful. That over to Russell was great example of his improvement. He is only guy who can save RCB in knock outs otherwise their bowling look bang average to win the tournament.

Still remeber one story that nehra told about him in RCB- there was this match between RCB vs CSK where dhoni made 70 in 34 and he whacked one of his wide yorker for a six. He was devasted coz he thought it was a great ball, nehra said but he got over it and kept working on it . That over to russell he kept bowling wide yorkers or around it but kept it very wide 

33 minutes ago, Mosher said:

And those yorkers are usually his quickest balls. Normally bowls around 137 and gets the ball to swing and then fires in an accurate yorker at 144. Good variation of pace.

yup i like fast mediums that go up for pace variation.. its fun to watch the surprise in batsmens faces.. but pace up for york is a bit like Akram.. thats special.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Can't wait to see Bumrah and Siraj bowl in tandem for India in both red ball and white ball cricket.

It's not for nothing nehra said that he thinks siraj is even more talented than bumrah. Fingers crossed he can give us 5 years or so of world class bowling because he has been doing the hard yards for a few years in domestic cricket. 

One very interesting thing is ... Siraj has been able to up both his accuracy and average pace in 2021.

He always had this ability to bowl quicker indippers and yorkers at 144 k to 146 k.

But this year, his % of deliveries above 140 k has gone up significantly and this has come with improved accuracy in white ball cricket.

140 k+ balls /  Total non-slower balls

10 / 23

07 / 21

08 / 15

11 / 21

09 / 18

16 / 22

Total till 28th April ...  61 / 120 or more than 50%.non-slower balls at 140 k+ 

**  140 k balls include deliveries at 139.5 k to 139.9 k too I.e rounded off speeds.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

One very interesting thing is ... Siraj has been able to up both his accuracy and average pace in 2021.

He always had this ability to bowl quicker indippers and yorkers at 144 k to 146 k.

But this year, his % of deliveries above 140 k has gone up significantly and this has come with improved accuracy in white ball cricket.

140 k+ balls /  Total non-slower balls

10 / 23

07 / 21

08 / 15

11 / 21

09 / 18

16 / 22

Total till 28th April ...  61 / 120 or more than 50%.non-slower balls at 140 k+ 

**  140 k balls include deliveries at 139.5 k to 139.9 k too I.e rounded off speeds.

I believe Siraj is Shami 2.0. 

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

One decent Australian tour has turned him into a world class bowler for all three formats 

Being sarcastic or?  He is easily one of the best bowlers around in tests. Not sure about short term formats yet 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

How did Bumrah bowl today?

Looked good at the death. Dube roots his feet to the ground and stands just a bit outside leg and so Bumrah bowled around the wicket and into his pads and he was helpless. Didn't hit the yorker precisely but the very full balls and low full tosses frustrated Dube and Samson hugely. 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

How did Bumrah bowl today?

I missed the match but from the IPL app I see that Bumrah has great bowling figures today

4 overs ... 1 wicket ... just 15 runs

And good to see that he bowled at near full pace today.

Fastest.    144.4 kph

Average.   140.1 kph