IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

25 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Nothing extraordinary. Nothing special

4 overs 13/1 that too bowling to Rahul, Mayank, Gayle in PP. Not many bowlers have such figures in IPL. 4 overs 19/1 in the previous game too.

Edited by rkt.india

40 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Don't judge Mavi by what Shaw did to him. Shaw can do this to any bowler in PP including cummins. Mavi hasn't lit up the speed guns but his bowling has been pretty good otherwise. Obviously, a work in progress.

He is intentionally bowling slow after his return from injury last IPL, was one of the quickest indian in IPL before that in 2018.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Don't judge Mavi by what Shaw did to him. Shaw can do this to any bowler in PP including cummins. Mavi hasn't lit up the speed guns but his bowling has been pretty good otherwise. Obviously, a work in progress.

He did great with normal good length incoming deliveries in the last 2 games and so he just stuck to that . As Shaw mentioned today , he is playing him for 3-4 years and perhaps knows his bowling well.

Issue was he went for slow deliveries as change and lost control . I think well directed bouncer was the best option against Shaw . He had got him in an earlier match a bumper.

May be he is a bit like Srinath , not able to think on hos toes and make out his second best option based on batsmen facing.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Avesh bowled a quick and well directed bumper at 141 kph in his 2nd over.

This guy really gets the ball through.

Good thing about Avesh  this year , seem to have slogged his ass out and has control in bowling Yorkers now . Secondly and most importantly for me , he bowls a slightly slower ball but no noticeable change in arm rotation. He is not trying real slower ones but one around 120+ , Added to height gets good bounce on his slower ones . 

Better to see someone not trying slower one just for the sake of variation but one which can fool batsmen.

Avesh Big surprise for me this year , while the bowling of Siraj is the most heartening this year not only from short format but really from Test format too.

13 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Good thing about Avesh  this year , seem to have slogged his ass out and has control in bowling Yorkers now . Secondly and most importantly for me , he bowls a slightly slower ball but no noticeable change in arm rotation. He is not trying real slower ones but one around 120+ , Added to height gets good bounce on his slower ones . 

Better to see someone not trying slower one just for the sake of variation but one which can fool batsmen.

Avesh Big surprise for me this year , while the bowling of Siraj is the most heartening this year not only from short format but really from Test format too.

There may come a time in a player's career when

a)  he understands what needs to be done in a given situation   ( which balls to bowl or which shots to play )

b)   he has the ability to execute what he is thinking.

When players with special talents develop this relatively early in their careers, we get special players.

Bumrah developed this quality in 2017.

Pant has developed this quality from the Australian tour 2020-21 onwards.

Siraj has done the same.

It is possible that Avesh is maturing in the same way.  Question is ... does he have the special talent for the 2 longer formats too.

I really want us to have 3 or 4 quicks who have matured as bowlers while bowling at good speeds for many years.

Edited by express bowling

Economy rates of prominent Indian pacers in this IPL till  29.04.21

Bumrah.      5.91

Siraj.            7.26

Avesh.         7.38

Ishant.         7.50

Shami.        7.68

Chahar.       7.80

Natarajan.  8.62

Bhuvi.          9.06

Prasidh.      9.16

Shardul.      9.66

As far as longer formats go I'd say Prasidh is a great prospect to have.  Even in last game vs DC he was bowling some sizzling bouncers to Shaw & Pant but perhaps he went too aggressive & one was called a no ball but the top edged six to Pant felt like he had completely rushed him for pace. 

He may be going expensive due to bad luck or being over aggressive but I love watching him bowl.  He needs to use his brain a bit as well.  On his day he may blow away the opposition in a test by going flat out. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

9 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Siraj seems to a a rare all format bowler. Him and Bumrah would make a great combo for LOIs.

Prasidh I always thought was a Test bowler, I just hope he's not kept out of the longer format based on his economy in T20s. 

Never thought of prasidh in test.....doesnt do much with the ball. I liked rajpoot most among them for test but sadly the guy has declined. He had a pretty good outswing. 

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why was Siraj not given a 4th over today ?

He has been brilliant at the death and even today he gave away just 7 runs in the 19th over.

Kohli is overrating harshal over him at death.he has forgotten that he is out of chennai now