IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Have you seen him bowl before? What are his skill sets? Does he swing the ball? Is he good at yorkers or Slower balls? 

So far looks ordinary.

Meriwala has a good slower ball. The days when I have seen him bowl, he was not getting his yorkers right.

Does not have the ability to hurry batsmen and does not have a good enough bouncer either.

Ability to swing the ball is ok but probably not sufficient for his medium pace.

He is a solid domestic cricket medium pacer ... not international class.

Edited by express bowling

Is Bumrah even trying to take wickets these days ??

He is looking like a shadow of the bowler who took the 2nd highest number of wickets in IPL 2020.

Bumrah is bowling so few channel balls or quick yorkers or stump directed skiddy balls.

In his first 2 overs he is bowling poor lines at medium pace today.

Edited by express bowling

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Is Bumrah even trying to take wickets these days ??

He is looking like a shadow of the bowler who took the 2nd highest number of wickets in IPL 2020.

Bumrah is bowling so few channel balls or quick yorkers or stump directed skiddy balls.

In his first 2 overs he is bowling poor lines at medium pace today.

Yeah he hasn't bowled those really surprising slower balls either. The slower ones have been very ordinary

Just now, express bowling said:

And Bumrah has not.

Which is why I think it is not due to the dew.

Moreover, Boult has bowled some magnificent channel balls in this IPL too.

If I remember correctly even in 2020 IPL Bumrah came into his own mid season. We were complaining about why he wasnt being given the new ball in the first few games and thereafter he hit form for the remainder of the tournament

Just now, Forward Defence said:

If I remember correctly even in 2020 IPL Bumrah came into his own mid season. We were complaining about why he wasnt being given the new ball in the first few games and thereafter he hit form for the remainder of the tournament

But he did not lack intensity, pace or accuracy in those earlier games last year. 

This year, even in the test series vs England, he seemed distracted. His upcoming marriage could have been the reason  ... but that is over now. 

I hope he gets back his mojo soon.